LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Much Do You Tip Your Groomer?
05-02-2015, 11:11 PM,
dashboardc33 Offline

Threads: 10
How Much Do You Tip Your Groomer?
I took my golden doodle in to the groomer yesterday. She hadn't been well groomed professionally in a year. She was pretty matted up. It took them nearly 4 hours to finish her. I was really impressed with how she turned out. They completely shaved her down, but it will be much easier to care for her fur this way. They only charged me $35, which was a decent price I thought. I gave her a $50 so I tipped her $15. Is this a reasonable tip or are you supposed to tip about 20% like you would at a restaurant?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2015, 04:42 AM,
Happyflowerlady Offline

Threads: 104
RE: How Much Do You Tip Your Groomer?
It sounds to me like that was a great tip, and well worth it to you as well. Since it took her hours of hard work on grooming your dog due to all of the mats, she had certainly earned the large tip, and $35 seems like a very reasonable price.
It has been a while since I used a groomer; but I think that I paid $40 just for my little Malti-poo, and she didn't require anywhere near as much work to groom.
I don't think that there is a set amount for tipping with a groomer, it is more how much they charge and how good of a job they do, as well as what kind of shape the dog's coat is in, of course.
I would guess that it is about the same as tipping when you get your hair done at a beauty shop, you go by how nice it looks, and how long it took them to cut and style your hair.
07-16-2015, 10:36 AM,
Shihtzufan Offline

Threads: 11
RE: How Much Do You Tip Your Groomer?
(05-04-2015, 04:42 AM)Happyflowerlady Wrote: I would guess that it is about the same as tipping when you get your hair done at a beauty shop, you go by how nice it looks, and how long it took them to cut and style your hair.

This is just what I would suggest! If they've done a particularly good job, been very meticulous with the grooming (like they sound like they were in the case of your dog!) then I think a good tip is well earned.

I think $15 is a great tip from a service that was $35. I also think they charged very well for the grooming service - I've been to some places that charge way more than that and sadly spend only a fraction of the time on my pup!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tipping a Groomer Onyx 3 2,476 07-18-2012, 03:41 AM
Last Post: Mudd04