LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you clean the teeth of a baby?
05-02-2012, 01:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-02-2012, 02:00 AM by Ram.)
Ram Offline
VIP Member

Threads: 247
How do you clean the teeth of a baby?
We can get serous problems with our teeth even we brush teeth every day. I can't imagine how someone would brush the teeth of an infant with tooth paste. I do not have a baby yet, but I am just curious how it is done.

For those who have had kids.
Do you ever need to clean the teeth of a baby? How do you do it?

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2012, 07:46 AM,
Mantis Offline

Threads: 23
RE: How do you clean the teeth of a baby?
Good question, I've never really thought about it. I have two sisters with kids, and thus, three nephews and one niece. If I get the chance I'll ask them about it.
My favourite colour is green, my favourite number is 19.
Find all posts by this user
05-12-2012, 08:22 PM,
Thor Offline
Administrator

Threads: 111
I don't have a kid yet. So I can't comment.
I am sure some of the members here are parents.

Any takers to answer this question?
06-07-2012, 01:38 AM,
love2loveu Offline

Threads: 1
You can use a really soft tooth brush to clean their teeth or use a warm cloth to rinse out their mouth and the tooth.
06-08-2012, 01:17 AM,
The CatDog Offline

Threads: 11
There are small soft brushes that you can use and with the toothpaste, use one that has none or very little flouride. Most baby formula has it in it already and having too much can be harmful to the new teeth. It's tough to get her to really brush her teeth so you have to make a game of it. Pretend its a plane or tickle her so when she opens her mouth you can brush a section. Typical our little one tends to bite down on the brush so we have to do the games to brush all of her teeth. Now she's doing it on her own but as you would expect she's not all that great.
06-12-2012, 10:31 PM,
Ram Offline
VIP Member

Threads: 247
(06-07-2012, 01:38 AM)love2loveu Wrote: You can use a really soft tooth brush to clean their teeth or use a warm cloth to rinse out their mouth and the tooth.

Thanks!

I was finally able to ask my mom. She confirmed it. Big Grin
Warm cloth was what she used on me.
07-22-2012, 04:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-22-2012, 04:00 AM by Laura.)
Laura Offline

Threads: 10
(05-02-2012, 01:59 AM)Ram Wrote: We can get serous problems with our teeth even we brush teeth every day. I can't imagine how someone would brush the teeth of an infant with tooth paste. I do not have a baby yet, but I am just curious how it is done.

For those who have had kids.
Do you ever need to clean the teeth of a baby? How do you do it?

Well you don't really need to brush baby teeth with toothpaste, but there are toothpaste specially made for children. You put a little bit of it on a special toothbrush, but a very small amount and you brush. When I brought my daughter to her 9 month old visit to the NHS medical centre they gave us a toothbrush and toothpaste telling us that we could begin to brush her teeth so she gets used to it Wink
09-14-2012, 12:51 AM,
VJNatale Offline

Threads: 2
What I did with all of my kids, was to purchase a toothbrush that was made just for babies and let them play with it. Naturally, the kids put it in their mouths and chewed on it. This got them use to the idea that there is a brush on the end of it. After about two months, I would let them hold the brush and teach them to use an up and down motion to brush their teeth. I would work on them a couple of times per day and finally they got the hang of it at around 3 years old. I never used toothpaste though. They never had any toothpaste that was made for babies. I have seen though, in today's market that they do make baby toothpaste. Though, I never really looked into how to use it.