LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much time do you spend on your computers?
03-13-2012, 08:35 PM,
Ram Offline
VIP Member

Threads: 247
How much time do you spend on your computers?
On the average, how much time do you spend on your computers daily?

For me, it is too much!

Study (when I was still a student), work, entertainment, most of them are done on a computer. For the last ten years, over 3 years were spent in front of a computer for me.

The daily average is probably 8~10 hours!

I can't live without a computer now. Undecided
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-13-2012, 11:28 PM,
Monica9975 Offline

Threads: 8
RE: How much time do you spend on your computers?
Well,for me,the daily average is about 1 to 5 hours.Because i'm still a student,i have to take class and do homework and experitments.During the class, we are not allowed to use our computer.But after class(back to the dorm),mostly the first thing i want to do is to turn on my computer,which is so marvelous.I can get much information from computer.When i don't know how to solve some problems that includes homework and daily life,i will turn to the computer for help.Eventually,it turns out to be a good helper.
In addition,when i feel tired and have nothing to do,i will watch some movies and play games.But most of time,i prefer to watch some awesome movies,haha!I'm a funny girl and easy to laugh at some little things which can be found through computers.In a word,on Weekdays i only have 1-4 hours sitting in front of the computer and on weekends more than 7 hours.
Find all posts by this user
03-14-2012, 02:03 PM,
Ram Offline
VIP Member

The fact I live in a small town in the northern area does not help me to go out. With up to 7 months of snow each year, there isn't much outdoor activities, nor there is many places to go besides the movie theater and shops, or the "party houses" during the weekends.
03-15-2012, 05:45 PM,
bw Offline

Threads: 10
Way too much!! Now that I am retired I find myself at this machine too darn often. Maybe now that winter is about over....
03-15-2012, 10:27 PM,
Ram Offline
VIP Member

The winter is indeed too long.
I've first played a primitive DOS game on a computer in my dad's office when I was 5, and I didn't really touch a modern computer with Windows operating system until 16~17. Now I can't imagine the life without it. I don't really even watch TV any more. I can waste less time watching movies online without all the advertisement, at cheaper than cable TV price too.
03-17-2012, 06:12 PM,
OriJas Offline

Threads: 3
Sounds a lot like me, Ram. DOS computer at 5, Windows was used in school when I was 7+ though. We didn't get a computer with Windows at home until I was about 11, and I became Internet addicted after that. Apart from walking the dogs, feeding etc I'm not much of a TV watcher myself and I'm not really a person who likes to go out much...which contributed a LOT to my current battle in agoraphobia. Apart from one local childhood friend, and my mother, my social life is online. I met my best friends in chat rooms and on forums, and we've known each other for years. Unfortunately, they're all in the states or Canada so the time difference is off...

Enter my excuse for sleeping during the day, and staying awake at night. It's the only way I can have somewhat of a social life. Lol. So I usually spend the night talking to friends via messengers or whatnot, flitting through forums, communities and blogging. I sleep for maybe about 6-7 hours at a time, so most of the time I'm not sleeping...I'm surfing. Unless of course I've scored a new bunch of comic books - that, nothing can come in between of. Big Grin
05-16-2012, 08:46 AM,
whocky Offline

Threads: 0
seriously too much time. When im not at real work im sat at the computer, i bet i do around 7 hours a day if not more.
01-29-2013, 09:31 AM,
mz_angie1987 Offline

You and I are on the same boat. I spend 12-14 hours on the computer daily with little sleep. I have several jobs online and I am currently working hard so that I can go back to school this Summer. I have a year out of school and i am determined to go back--I don't think I can be where I want to be in life without an education. Finding a job in this economy is stiff and very competitive.
02-20-2013, 02:37 PM,
wolfpacklovin Offline

For me it's about 14 hours on weekdays because I do everything on my computer. On weekends it's more like 5-6 hours, if that because I work nights and try to do other things with my life. I am a computer NERD! My hubby and I always joke about that. Smile

I'd be devastated if I didn't have my computer! Heart
03-06-2013, 03:16 AM,
jhon alen Offline
Registered

I spend almost 5 hours per day on computer
04-02-2013, 05:34 AM,
GavinMcresty Offline

I spend around 12 hours a day or more on my computer. This is just the time I spend doing my own things such as talking to friends, reading the news and so on. At work, I have to use a computer to get my job done. On certain days, I spend almost every moment I am awake online! When I am feeling really lazy, I even eat at my computer. I probably sound like rather a slob now but I do not do it that often! I often find that the time just seems to run away when I am browsing the internet. I look at the clock and it says, for example, 10pm. The next time I look I notice that it is 3am! I suppose I just become so distracted by what I am doing that I do not notice the time passing. Most of the time, I do not even do anything particularly specific while I am on the internet. I just read random things on Wikipedia and elsewhere because I find it relaxing. I also enjoy watching random videos on Youtube. I sometimes just keep following the links from the "related videos" to see where I end up. So, overall, my life does seem to revolve around my computer almost completely!
05-25-2013, 02:37 PM,
nafretiti Offline

I spend way too many hours on the computer,usually my initial eight hours for work and then some in between sleeping,eating and a few other activities. Reasoning for this is because I have issues sleeping usually and then get woken up or something when I am trying to sleep and then can't go back to bed. In result to being up all the time and spending maybe over 16 hours a day on the computer I have horrible eyes and need glasses,and feel totally loss without some sort of connection to online via lap top or whatever other form to reach the internet,I'm a tech junkie and need to have access.
06-03-2013, 06:50 AM,
SereneScales Offline

Threads: 2
lmao.....I start twitching if I'm away from an internet for too long of an extended period of time..No just kidding. But I do spend on average much too long on my computer, but in all fairness I work online doing remote work with web/game servers so it drains the time on top of my online personal life
06-09-2013, 03:33 AM,
redchik987 Offline
Registered

Threads: 1
I have dual monitors at work because I'm pretty much on my computer all day there. Even when I'm seeing students (I work at a college), I have to look up their info in our system. When I come home or am bored on the weekend, I sometimes like to play games or do some surfing of the web and look through facebook. I'm probably on it 10 hours a day during the week and 2-3 on the weekends!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is your favorite animal movie of all time ? Happyflowerlady 5 3,834 06-26-2015, 06:39 AM
Last Post: Nieris