Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
How to Overcome my Fear of Roaches
01-01-2013, 02:26 PM,
lindbergh Offline
Registered

Threads: 1
How to Overcome my Fear of Roaches
Let me tell you a little secret - I'm afraid of cockroaches. Now, I'm no child. I'm a full grown adult yet still I'm afraid of roaches. I don't like the way they look, the way they crawl up the wall, the way they fly... I hate everything about them and I'm afraid to be near one. Could you recommend something that could help me erase my fear of cockroaches?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2013, 05:02 AM,
amanda509 Offline

Threads: 56
RE: How to Overcome my Fear of Roaches
its not odd that you dont like them, alot of people dont. i dont mind them, and actually think the little ones are cute. in fact, i have a colony of dubia roaches in my room! i can send you one if you want? Wink
01-03-2013, 06:56 PM,
TheCause Offline
Registered

Threads: 3
They don't look too great do they (lol)? I was the same way with all insects at one point. I just had to realize, they are nothing to be afraid of. They might be a little intimidating when you see a massive brown spot crawling up your wall, but other than the visual side they are harmless. It might feel weird if one is crawling up you, but that's about the extent of it. All they will do is crawl around. I'm not sure if they carry diseases, but I don't see it being any worse than half of the stuff we encounter on a regular basis.
01-05-2013, 11:33 PM,
lindbergh Offline
Registered

(01-03-2013, 05:02 AM)amanda509 Wrote: its not odd that you dont like them, alot of people dont. i dont mind them, and actually think the little ones are cute. in fact, i have a colony of dubia roaches in my room! i can send you one if you want? Wink

Roaches from dubai? ? ? Hide

No thanks Amanda. I'd rather have my room cockroach free. And you find the little ones cute? Brr... You have a different definition for cute. What are you...Icon_eek
01-06-2013, 01:20 PM,
amanda509 Offline

Threads: 56
(01-05-2013, 11:33 PM)lindbergh Wrote: Roaches from dubai? ? ? Hide

No thanks Amanda. I'd rather have my room cockroach free. And you find the little ones cute? Brr... You have a different definition for cute. What are you...Icon_eek

im an odd species of person. i live in a single room with 3 colonies of breeding bugs and 14 reptiles and love every minute of it Wink
01-07-2013, 01:39 AM,
pafjlh Offline

I don't like roaches either, I find them to be filthy pest that are annoying to say the least. I especially don't like the large kind that my family tends to refer to as sewer roaches. These i hate with a passion, they are not only annoying but they can be scary as well. Especially the ones that have wings and fly around. Scariest part about these is that is so hard to kill them. However, my family found that Boric Acid was a good way to eliminate roaches of any size. Just make sure if you have other pets, such as dogs to place the Acid somewhere that you know that can be exposed to it, and eat it. Such as behind a waste basket or in a cupboard.

So, don't feel ashamed that you have this fear or repulsion to roaches. Many people do including myself. You really don't need to get rid of this phobia just get rid of the roaches.b
01-23-2013, 01:36 PM,
mz_angie1987 Offline

Threads: 0
I agree with all of the post. Most people are afraid of roaches because it's not something that you can have as a pet. It's a rodent that everyone despise and I completely understand where you are coming from when you say that you are afraid of them and don't like the way they look. I find them to be quite creepy myself and I personally wouldn't want to change my opinion of them at all. I don't know exactly what you can do because I am no expert but I think you should be around them more. It may sound odd but that's the only way you will probably get over your fear of them. Good luck and hopefully you conquer your fears!
01-28-2013, 07:28 AM,
AnnaU93 Offline

Threads: 7
I am someone who hates bugs and insects in general so therefore it is no surprise I don't approve of roaches as well. If you have a fear of them then it is absolutely natural not to like them. I feel that you shouldn't ever force yourself to get over this fear because it is one of those things that you just need to accept in your life. I know that for a fact I would try to kill them if I ever saw one crawling around. I also feel that my hate and fear of them will be with me throughout my whole lifetime so this is something that I definitely learned to accept.
03-01-2013, 10:34 AM,
ACSAPA Offline

Threads: 17
I think it's okay to be afraid of roaches because they carry diseases and if they don't find food ,they start chewing on your stuff. Roaches are unsanitary and vile. Being afraid of these walking disease piles is just self preservation and logic. I don't think it's a phobia if the thing that you are afraid of can actually make you sick.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How did you get over your fear of spiders ? DomDom 5 3,879 06-04-2014, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Francy