LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have many animals and I am a Wildlife Rehabilitator.
02-22-2012, 01:16 AM,
Beth Offline

Threads: 1
I have many animals and I am a Wildlife Rehabilitator.
Hi. My name is Beth. I am 46 years old and have loved and had animals all of my life. As of right now I have 1 dog, 7 cats, and 7 birds. I love and will not hurt any living thing. Well, maybe a mosquito. Thats about it. My passion is birds. I am also a licensed wildlife rehabilitator and have studied Orinthology through Cornell as well as having my Vet Assistant diploma. But to be honest I feel I have learned more through having pets and helping the injured wildlife. I love being hands on with the animals. I also love helping other people understand and help animals. There is no better feeling than helping someone help their pet when it is in need either via phone, computer or hands on. I look forward to learning and sharing new things on this wonderful site.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-22-2012, 01:21 AM,
Ram Offline
VIP Member

Threads: 247
RE: I have many animals and I am a Wildlife Rehabilitator.
Welcome to the forum !

Wow, that is a lot of animals you have!
Must be a lot of work to maintain them.

I have kept birds also when I was a child. A few died, a few ran away or I should say fly away after they broke the cage, and a few were given away.

So I really only have experience in keeping fish, and I think I am pretty good at it. Smile

Look forward to learn from you about the things I don't know.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-22-2012, 01:30 AM,
Beth Offline

(02-22-2012, 01:21 AM)Ram8349 Wrote: Welcome to the forum !

Wow, that is a lot of animals you have!
Must be a lot of work to maintain them.

I have kept birds also when I was a child. A few died, a few ran away or I should say fly away after they broke the cage, and a few were given away.

So I really only have experience in keeping fish, and I think I am pretty good at it. Smile

Look forward to learn from you about the things I don't know.

I love fish as well. I had many tanks when I was younger. My last tank I had was in 2007. It had one fish left in it. I loved him. He lived to be a ripe old age. I finally had to give up on having a tank with so many other animals. But I do miss having one. I loved to watch the fish as I would try to fall asleep at night. So peaceful. My Dad always had Salt Water Tanks. I was in Awe. Look forward to sharing and learning with you. : )
02-22-2012, 01:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-22-2012, 01:43 AM by Ram.)
Ram Offline
VIP Member

(02-22-2012, 01:30 AM)Beth Wrote: I love fish as well. I had many tanks when I was younger. My last tank I had was in 2007. It had one fish left in it. I loved him. He lived to be a ripe old age. I finally had to give up on having a tank with so many other animals. But I do miss having one. I loved to watch the fish as I would try to fall asleep at night. So peaceful. My Dad always had Salt Water Tanks. I was in Awe. Look forward to sharing and learning with you. : )

I have 0 experience with saltwater aquarium. But I have plenty experience with planted tropical aquariums. Smile

In my opinion, saltwater fish are better looking, but it is just more work to maintain a saltwater fish tank. Can we please have your dad join up to show off his tank in videos lol !
02-22-2012, 02:39 AM,
Beth Offline

(02-22-2012, 01:41 AM)Ram8349 Wrote:
(02-22-2012, 01:30 AM)Beth Wrote: I love fish as well. I had many tanks when I was younger. My last tank I had was in 2007. It had one fish left in it. I loved him. He lived to be a ripe old age. I finally had to give up on having a tank with so many other animals. But I do miss having one. I loved to watch the fish as I would try to fall asleep at night. So peaceful. My Dad always had Salt Water Tanks. I was in Awe. Look forward to sharing and learning with you. : )

I have 0 experience with saltwater aquarium. But I have plenty experience with planted tropical aquariums. Smile

In my opinion, saltwater fish are better looking, but it is just more work to maintain a saltwater fish tank. Can we please have your dad join up to show off his tank in videos lol !
It is with a heavy heart that I say my Dad can't join as he passed away recently. His tanks were amazing. If I can find some pics of them I will post them. He would have loved talking about them and showing them. I love all fish and tanks and I think they are so much more work than some people realize. So worth it though.
02-22-2012, 02:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-22-2012, 02:51 AM by Ram.)
Ram Offline
VIP Member

Totally worth it indeed.

While all pets would bring good mood, having a nice aquarium would bring extra benefits such as stabilize blood pressure lol. At least that's what the doctors said.

But hey, I don't keep fish in order to have normal blood pressure. They are simply awesome! To keep a planted tropical aquarium is also a lot of work if I want it to stay good looking, but when I look at how nice it is, I am just so proud and want to show it off haha ! That is why I made youtube videos of my aquariums. Better than just photos.
02-22-2012, 04:56 PM,
Karenskatz Offline

Threads: 10
Beth; What sort of wildlife do you re-hab? And what part of the country are you in? You never know when you might come accress injured wildlife, so I like to know who's where. Here in Milwaukee, I'm fortunate to have a wonderful humane society (http://www.wihumane.org) that does wildlife rehab, but I also do disaster response animal sheltering, and I never know where that will take me.
03-07-2012, 08:01 PM,
bw Offline

Threads: 10
Hi Beth! Welcome to the site! I, for one, will look forward to hearing more about these animals you re-hab! Can we look forward to some stories soon?
03-12-2012, 03:13 AM,
Onyx Offline

Threads: 25
Welcome to the forum! I'd love to hear about some of the wildlife you work with- how awesome!
04-15-2012, 11:38 PM,
Thor Offline
Administrator

Threads: 111
Hi, Beth. Welcome to share your experience with us. From the look of it, you have a lot of experience. Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  For the love of animals! pandabear1991 0 1,648 02-22-2015, 10:10 AM
Last Post: pandabear1991
  Hi, pet forum. I love Cats and most animals Karen May Jones 1 2,262 12-13-2012, 05:01 AM
Last Post: Ram