LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is There A Possibility of Our Pets Being in Heaven…
12-09-2012, 04:49 PM,
Tagged7 Offline

Threads: 3
Is There A Possibility of Our Pets Being in Heaven…
When you think about all the love that has gone into your pets and the love that we have received from them, do you think that there is a possibility that our pets will be in Heaven? It’s pretty widely believed that animals have no souls, but a guy named Randy Alcorn in his book, Heaven, has a little different perspective, and he really makes great sense. I just wondered what everyone’s thoughts are on this subject.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-14-2012, 03:00 AM,
pafjlh Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Is There A Possibility of Our Pets Being in Heaven…
Sorry, no one is going to convince me that animals don't have soul. I have seen Dogs, and even Hamsters that were alive and dead. When they are dead its as if they are a hollow shell of what they use to be. Similar to that of a human being, so I firmly believe that animals do have soul. I also believe that our pets do go to Heaven. How could they not, animals are filled with unconditional love that they give to those around them.
12-14-2012, 07:09 AM,
andrew320 Offline

Threads: 6
Well, I don't believe in heaven or hell, but if there is then I would absolutely love it if all the pets I have ever loved or been in contact with will be with me throughout eternity. Right now, whenever I see a bunch of animals, I think that's heaven right there!
12-16-2012, 02:23 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-16-2012, 02:23 PM by SweetBeast.)
SweetBeast Offline

Threads: 4
Hi Tagged7 & I agree with pafjlh. I firmly believe our pets will be there. The great Reverand Billy Graham says in one of his books, & I am paraphrasing here, that God wants us happy in Heaven & if having our pets & animals in Heaven make us happy, they will be there awaiting our arrival.

I have nor ever had children, so for me, my pets are my family so yes, in my mind, they will be there.

If I may, can you shed a little on what Randy Alcorn's take on this is ?

Great Post Tagged7, thanks!
12-29-2012, 01:46 PM,
Tagged7 Offline

Threads: 3
(12-16-2012, 02:23 PM)SweetBeast Wrote: If I may, can you shed a little on what Randy Alcorn's take on this is ?

Great Post Tagged7, thanks!

Alcorn's basic premise is derived from basic Christian Theology regarding sin entering the world. Alcorn points out that man was responsible for sin entering the world and not the animals, therefore when Eternity begins, why wouldn't God restore all the animals that have ever lived back into Heaven due to the fact that they had nothing to do with sin other than purely being victims of it.
That's pretty much what I understood him to say. From a Biblical point of view it really makes some pretty good sense. What do ya' think???
01-25-2013, 09:05 AM,
mz_angie1987 Offline

Threads: 0
I don't know what to think when it comes to dogs or other animals making it to heaven. I don't read the bible much and I have attended church in the past but I have never heard anything about dogs having souls or being in heaven. I would sure hope that after loving them and building a bond with them that they would make it to heaven with you. When my dog died a few years ago, I often wonder what is going to happen to him now or where is he. I guess one can never be sure on the topic unless they have gone to heaven themselves and found out but who is rushing to get there--not I.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What other hobbies do you have beside pets? Ram 28 12,921 07-24-2015, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Dimethyl-Fumarate