LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is you feline a bunter and a drooler ?
05-01-2012, 07:17 PM,
Mels Bee Offline

Threads: 6
Is you feline a bunter and a drooler ?
One of my dear moggies Corny who is a tabby has always shown kitty love with bunts to the chest and face and is a dead set winner in the drooling stakes giving the dogs a run for their money lol.Corny does not have any dental issues re the drooling she just does it out of sheer bliss when its cuddling time oh and when I hop into bed I hear her shake and what do you know its drool bath time lol.I don't mind in the least I was just wondering if any of your feline friends like to bunt you and like to give you a drool bath when they come for cuddles.Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2012, 01:48 AM,
Ram Offline
VIP Member

Threads: 247
RE: Is you feline a bunter and a drooler ?
I don't have one, but it sounds cute. Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-02-2012, 04:05 PM,
Karenskatz Offline

Threads: 10
Drool is NOT cute! I've had a few droolers. Currently my girl Chelsie like to do that, usually when she's laying on top of me in bed. Not as extreme as one of my past fosters, but still unplesant when she's getting my bedding wet. I have a personal theory why some cats drool. They only do it when they are supremely happy. Cats knead with their paws when they are happy because their first memory of complete contentment is nursing from Mom and that warm wonderful milk filling their belly. If they knead on Mom's side when they nurse, the milk flows faster. So they reflexivly knead when they're happy. My theory is that this happiness is connected to a food memory, so some cats also salivate when they're happy. I never read any research on this, but it makes sense to me. Still... I wish they could express it some other way. But it could be worse. You could have my cat Boyfriend. When he's feeling happy and loved, he cuddles, purrs, kneads, and NURSES ON MY SHIRT!!! This guy obviously has issues!
05-04-2012, 03:19 PM,
Thor Offline
Administrator

Threads: 111
Well, at least they are happy when they do it. In humans, some people have health issues and they drool in the sleep.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-06-2012, 09:17 PM,
Mels Bee Offline

Threads: 6
Smile  RE: Is you feline a bunter and a drooler ?
I think that there is alot of merit to your theory on why kitties drool and bunt Karenskatz.My beloved Corny she is the only one of my three kitties who bunts and drools lol.I do wonder if she was taken from her mum a wee bit early ?Corny only bunts the breast area of the body and sometimes is drooling whilst doing this so I just like to think she is having a happy flash back.Smile
05-07-2012, 02:42 PM,
Karenskatz Offline

Bunts your breast area? Now that is interesting. That COULD be a food memory. I've never heard of that before. Usually head bunting is an affectionate greeting. When two cats who know each other meet, they sniff noses, and then do a passing head rub (bunt) to trade whisker pheremone scents to "mark" the other cat as theirs (one of their group). When you come home from work and your cat bunts and rubs your leg, that's what they're doing.
05-18-2012, 04:18 AM,
kyle_crafty Offline

Threads: 2
My cat likes to rub her drooling mouth all over my face. It's really adorable if not kinda slimy. She also likes to kneed my stomach.. which hurts =\ But she has this amazing purr. Whiles she's purring, she'll have some kind of squeaking purr within that purr sometimes. Awweeee
05-18-2012, 06:12 PM,
Karenskatz Offline

Cats are master manipulators. They sure know how to worm their way into our afection! My guy Max had this wide-eyed Look he would give me, "Who, me? I couldn't have done anything wrong, I'm too cute!" That's how he got me to adopt him.
06-14-2012, 11:51 PM,
laurasav Offline

Threads: 28
My Bengal female cat is a bunter and quite the drooler. She's always been a drooler, which at first concerned me when she was young. I'd never had a cat that drooled before. The vet checked her & said nothing was wrong. Just a drooler expressing her contentment, is all! She also likes to greet me daily with a head bunt. :-)
The only other time I had a cat drool was when my first cat messed with a toad. Boy, did he ever foam at the mouth & drool! But that wasn't a normal practice for him!
06-15-2012, 06:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-15-2012, 06:14 AM by jenb128.)
jenb128 Offline

Threads: 3
My brother used to have a cat who was a drooler! This cat loved to sit on laps, and once he started purring, the drool started flowing. It was both cute and disgusting at the same time. I tried putting a paper towel in my lap when the cat was there, but then he would eat the paper!

My current kitty drools when he's nervous. I think I go through an entire pocket pack of kleenex every time he goes to the vet.
06-15-2012, 05:43 PM,
Karenskatz Offline

When I first got Chelsie, I used to resort to a baby bib when she was cuddling in my lap because I KNEW she would drool a LOT.
06-15-2012, 06:45 PM,
Victor Leigh Offline

Threads: 19
I haven't had any drooling cats yet. Not that I am looking for one. Of course, some of my dogs drool but that's expected. As for bunting, I don't get much of that either. Maybe I anticipate my cats' needs before they have to remind me.

There's one tom, though, that's a bit different. He never makes a sound. When he needs food and I am busy, he would put his front paws on my thigh as I sit at my computer. Usually I would stop whatever I was doing and feed him. Sometimes, I would just pretend to ignore him to see what he would do.

After a short while, he would extend his claws a bit and grip my thigh lightly with them. That's when I always feed him. No point in finding out how far he's planning to extend his claws.
06-03-2016, 08:13 PM,
Novelangel Offline

Threads: 4
I was unfamiliar with the term 'bunt' at first but then I realized you were talking about the head bunt. Sheesh, I am slow sometimes. My cat is a little bit of a bunter, but her main affection she saves for a fluffy orange bit of cloth. This fabric apparently, is a stand-in for her momma cat, as she will suck upon a corner of it, while kneading it and purring up a storm. I've never seen her drool at all, but I did have a cat once who drooled constantly but he turned out to have chronic gingivitis. I'm glad my cat doesn't drool, as it's bad enough when I roll over in bed and set my leg or foot down on a soggy orange cloth. Tongue Yes, she sleeps with my husband and I in our bed, even though she has a bed of her own that she loves equally well. She just prefers the companionship and likes to cuddle up to my leg. Trouble is, she's a bit bossy and will bite any offending leg that gets in her space. Her space covers pretty much half the bed because she feels the need to stretch out sideways rather than parallel to the rest of us. So, to make a long story short... no drools, a few head bunts, and a very soggy, fluffy orange cloth that I call, her 'bippy'. That's how my kitty rolls.
06-04-2016, 03:41 PM,
CatCuddler57 Offline

Threads: 5
None of my cats were ever droolers unless they were sick. Even as kittens, they were very clean animals. One of my older cats, Midnight, got sick after being out for a couple nights one winter. We took him to the veternarian who had to prescribe him some medicine. Other than that, all my other cats were very clean animals, it's why I prefer them to dogs most of the time.

MY cats do the bunting thing though. If they want your attention, they will crawl through my arms and bunt under my chin when they want my attention. Once they have it, they will promptly sit or lay down on my laptop, homework, work, or whatever with the expectation of a patting session. If they weren't so cute about it I would probably be annoyed. They all would bunt the palm of my hand or ankles when they wanted more attention or petted harder. Bunting for my cats was their way of telling me they need my affection without having to claw at me.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feline HIV remnant 3 2,604 08-02-2016, 11:48 PM
Last Post: TheaR
  Feline Acne? scotty 2 2,343 01-29-2013, 02:35 AM
Last Post: scotty