LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is your pet nosy?
09-18-2012, 04:29 AM,
TreeClimber Offline

Threads: 37
Is your pet nosy?
My Jack Russell is the nosiest dog I know. Any time you are doing anything she has to come over and see what it is.

If you are carrying a bag, she wants to see inside. If you get the mail, she wants to smell it. If you pick up a magazine, she has to be on your lap to see what it is. If we put something outside over one of the chairs to dry, she suddenly becomes obsessed with the idea of going outside to see what it is.

I've never had a dog so interested in the objects around her.

Do you have a nosy pet, too?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-18-2012, 04:57 AM,
andrew320 Offline

Threads: 6
RE: Is your pet nosy?
Oh, yeah! Batman, our four-year-old Black Havana cat, attempts to go through my wife's handbag all the time, especially if there's food in there. When we get back from grocery shopping, Batman and Max, a nine-year-old Tabby, will both search through the bags sniffing through everyone.

At other times, they'll just sit on the stuff we bring home.
09-18-2012, 09:46 AM,
Jessi Offline

Threads: 3
Oh absolutely!

Ours is a Jack Russell mix of some sort and is the same way. He doesn't like to be alone in the first place, so no matter what, he'll follow you where ever you go. Beyond that, though, he doesn't like to be left out of the action at all. He's gotta be able to see exactly what you're doing, what you're messing with, and be allowed to mess with it, too, lol.
09-20-2012, 02:51 PM,
sandooch Offline

Threads: 9
LOL! I just assumed all dogs were like this. It's so cute when Gigi follows us around to see what we're doing. The other day I was cleaning inside my bathroom cabinets and she kept trying to stick her nose in there to see what I was doing. After a few stern "Gigi get out of there or no treats later", she finally got the picture to stay out of my way. But she wasn't far by my side though.
09-21-2012, 01:14 PM,
TreeClimber Offline

Andrew, I wonder if sometimes they are hoping you've brought something for them Big Grin

Jessi, I liken Misha to small child who follows you around the house asking "What are you doing? What's that for? Can I see?" Jack Russells must have a lot of curiosity in them.

One of the funniest things is when I'm on the floor looking through something. She will come up behind me, jump up with her front paws on my back, and look over my side. Of course, she could go around to see, but she prefers it this way.

Sandooch, I am not sure all dogs are this way. My Lab was happy to leave the room a lot of times when I entered it. LOL Though, she did know when I brought home dog stuff.
09-21-2012, 04:18 PM,
Nakhash Offline

Threads: 1
My cat is very nosy. She has to see what I'm eating and drinking, no doubt to be sure it's not something she would like. She has to see what I'm doing, particularly with my hands. Apparently, they should be doing nothing but serving her and petting her all day long. She has to see where I am, like the bathroom, and complains if I'm on the other side of a closed door for too long. She's just plain bossy!
10-31-2012, 11:21 AM,
at4101 Offline

(09-18-2012, 04:29 AM)TreeClimber Wrote: My Jack Russell is the nosiest dog I know. Any time you are doing anything she has to come over and see what it is.

If you are carrying a bag, she wants to see inside. If you get the mail, she wants to smell it. If you pick up a magazine, she has to be on your lap to see what it is. If we put something outside over one of the chairs to dry, she suddenly becomes obsessed with the idea of going outside to see what it is.

I've never had a dog so interested in the objects around her.

Do you have a nosy pet, too?

Our puppy is VERY nosy! Maybe it's a Jack Russell thing as our puppy is 1/2 JR and half Beagle. He is the nosiest little pup I think I've ever seen. No matter what it is, he just has to see and has to know! Sometimes it's annoying but he is so darn cute that he pretty much gets away with anything (as long as it doesn't involved chewing up things he shouldn't!)
11-01-2012, 12:49 AM,
dashboardc33 Offline

Threads: 10
Yes! My dog is super nosey. You cannot do anything without her being right there. She is always right at your feet if you are sitting on the couch in the living room, but as soon as you get up, she is right at your feet as you are walking around. It is like you have your own personal shadow. It is cute, but kind of annoying at the same time. I have a hard time painting my nails unless she is outside because she always wants to be sitting on my lap (she is a big dog).
11-02-2012, 07:37 AM,
TreeClimber Offline

at4101, is that your puppy in your avatar? If so, what a cute combination! The Jack Russell and Beagle go well together. Smile

Maybe it is a Jack Russell thing. I can't even bring in the mail without it getting a sniff inspection first. She will follow me, jumping up and down to see it. Once I let her have the sniff, she is satisfied.

We bought a new toilet seat a few weeks ago. The bag was on the floor in my Mom's room. Misha visited it several times. She had to know what was in that bag!

I agree that at times it can be annoying. Sometimes when I'm sitting on the couch looking through something she has to jump up on my lap and stick her nose in to see what it is.
11-04-2012, 02:00 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-04-2012, 02:01 PM by Victor Leigh.)
Victor Leigh Offline

Threads: 19
Benjamas, my Poodle, is as curious as a cat. And as agile, too. She can actually climb shelves so very few things are safe from her curiosity. I don't really mind her being inquisitive. The problem is that sometimes she also wants to check out the Chewability Quotient of the things she's curious about.
11-09-2012, 12:41 AM,
megsy23 Offline

Threads: 0
Our lab always sticks her nose in everyone's business. Whether you're eating or opening mail. It's cute. But I think guests find it annoying. Everyone thinks what their own pet does is endearing. Strangers probably think it's a pest.
12-07-2012, 01:30 AM,
Molly Offline

Threads: 4
My male dachshund, Mikey, is very nosy and curious. If I go grocery shopping and leave any bags on the floor, he is right there, snooping around in all of them. I need to make sure I keep all bags off the floor, even those that don't have food in them. Especially if I bought cleaners, soap or other items that is not safe for dogs. I ask for paper bags at the grocery store. When I empty a paper bag, I will put a treat in the bottom of it and set it on the floor on its side. Then, of course, he is very curious as to what is in that paper bag. It is so cute to watch him wiggle into that paper bag. He is small enough to fit inside the grocery paper bags.

My female dachshund, Molly, prefers to snuggle and isn't that nosy or curious.
12-07-2012, 06:13 AM,
Bloomsie Offline

Threads: 23
My cat, Wolfy, is extremely curious. Granted, that's probably where they get the infamous phrase from. Whatever I'm doing, whether it's taking a shower, brushing my teeth, making lunch or dinner, on the computer, grocery shopping, or anything else... He needs to know! I find it really cute, but sometimes annoying; especially if I'm putting food away from shopping into the fridge, he'll find his way either into the bags or into the fridge. But nonetheless, it makes me happy that he trusts me enough to see what I'm doing every split second of my life.
12-08-2012, 08:41 AM,
JaimieSkye Offline

Threads: 10
Oh my gosh, YES, my dog is nosy! He is so nosy that he learned how to pull the zipper open on the back pack I carry everywhere that has my knitting and all the candy I try to hide from my kids. He has gotten it open several times and ate the candy. I'm just amazed that a dog knows how to zip open a back pack.
12-08-2012, 05:59 PM,
themdno Offline

My dogs are soo nosy. Just earlier today, I was on the computer, and they were asleep in the living room. I wanted them to stay asleep, and get some work time in. I just randomly sighed really loud, and made some silly noise, just being stupid. Then I think, oh no, hear they come...both my dogs run in the room all excited!

That's all it takes, oh, he made a sound, let's go see what he's doing. Haha, I love them...
12-11-2012, 02:13 PM,
maddie Offline

Threads: 4
My dogs is that way too. She has to be in the thick of things.. She gets annoyed if the children don't include her in their games. She has to know what I am eating, if I had been out and had petted other animals she climbs onto my lap and sits begs to be petted. She acts silly when I speak to others or when I am on the phone... she does all she can to get attention..lol Smile narcissistic sometimes.
12-14-2012, 03:21 AM,
pafjlh Offline

Buddy can be a little nosy at times especially with what my brother is doing. However, this really reminds me of one of my past dogs Rocky. He wasn't always nosy in nature, but I remember that he was one of the few dogs we allowed in the house when we unwrapped gifts at Christmas. This was when he would get nosy and would be close to everyone who just opened a gift looking like what did you get, LOL. I have to admit that I kind of miss that about him.
01-18-2013, 06:02 PM,
TreeClimber Offline

I'm glad to see others have dog's with the same problem. If she could talk, Misha would probably be a gossip, too Wink

She was funny last night. She was asleep under her blankets. My Mom and I were watching Jeopardy. We started talking about something. Soon enough, there is an eye at the opening of the blankets. Then, a nose pokes out. Misha pulled the blanket down slightly just so she would know what was going on. Then, she stared at us for waking her up. LOL
02-04-2013, 03:33 AM,
AnnaU93 Offline

Threads: 7
My pet is extremely nosy. I have a cat that would always rush to me when I am doing something. When I am reading the newspaper she would always come and rip the top of it while I am reading. She always wants to know what I am doing at all times and follows me around the house constantly. When I am making a salad she comes and looks at the cans and inspects everything one by one. My cat is definitely a nosy girl!
02-05-2013, 04:56 AM,
gabstaff Offline

Yes! Both of my dachshunds are so nosy! Wednesday has been the type to just sniff any bags are anything new we bring in. Morticia is the type to sniff and if it something that she thinks will make a good toy, she will steal it and/or eat it.

Wednesday WILL find the food if you leave some out like under a bed, or just to the side table.
02-14-2013, 02:32 PM,
ChanellG Offline

LOL, aren't all pets nosy? Curiosity isn't just for cats. It's the nosy behavior of pets that usually gets them into trouble or drives you crazy when they've gotten into something should not have. Of course that same curiosity can be entertaining as well.
02-18-2013, 10:33 AM,
Msmonkeyfeet Offline

Threads: 2
I have two cats and my male cat, Fizzgig (Fizz for short) apparently needs to know what I'm doing at all times. I use to joke that he is worse than my son in that I can't even go to the bathroom without him trying to follow me in there! While my other cat, a female named Bunny, seems to be completely uninterested in anything that I'm doing, Fizz has to follow me everywhere I go and any time I open a cabinet door or drawer his face has to be RIGHT in there to see what's inside, even if he's looked in there a dozen times before.
02-19-2013, 07:24 AM,
AnnaU93 Offline

Threads: 7
(09-21-2012, 04:18 PM)Nakhash Wrote: My cat is very nosy. She has to see what I'm eating and drinking, no doubt to be sure it's not something she would like. She has to see what I'm doing, particularly with my hands. Apparently, they should be doing nothing but serving her and petting her all day long. She has to see where I am, like the bathroom, and complains if I'm on the other side of a closed door for too long. She's just plain bossy!
haha! My cat is probably the same exact way. I guess at this point her nosyness comes off as bossy so thats not something that is surprising to me at all. My cat thinks she is a princess at all times as well and that I should be her loyal servant who pets her and feeds and grooms her all day long as if I have nothing to do for myself. It is quite amusing too once we think how much they really expect from us (haha).
02-20-2013, 02:29 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-20-2013, 02:31 PM by wolfpacklovin.)
wolfpacklovin Offline

Threads: 3
My two cats are super nosy. They want to smell EVERYTHING, they're crazy. Sometimes I feel like they want to eat my food, but all they want to do is smell it. Super funny. They will also follow me around the house especially if I get up, then they wake up and follow me to see what I'm doing. It's rather cute though, I'll admit. I kind of enjoy it. Wink

(02-18-2013, 10:33 AM)Msmonkeyfeet Wrote: I have two cats and my male cat, Fizzgig (Fizz for short) apparently needs to know what I'm doing at all times. I use to joke that he is worse than my son in that I can't even go to the bathroom without him trying to follow me in there! While my other cat, a female named Bunny, seems to be completely uninterested in anything that I'm doing, Fizz has to follow me everywhere I go and any time I open a cabinet door or drawer his face has to be RIGHT in there to see what's inside, even if he's looked in there a dozen times before.

My cats do that too, one of them will poke their head in the fridge every single time! The other will jump on the stool that's in my kitchen and meow at me! Rofl
03-01-2013, 11:06 AM,
ACSAPA Offline

Threads: 17
I take care of a rat terrier for an elderly relative of mine who went senile. He's my responsibility now and he's constantly interested in everything I do. He investigates everything my daughter and I eat, even though I feed him first. He sniffs my mail when I bring it in, he investigates bags of groceries, he follows me around and watches me. If I see something funny on TV and laugh, he runs over to investigate. Every time I feel eyes on me, it's just the rat terrier being nosy.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pet Therapy For Your Mental Health Hales 4 1,246 12-02-2023, 08:21 PM
Last Post: kaming
  Does your pet eat veggies ? Happyflowerlady 19 8,015 06-25-2022, 05:50 AM
Last Post: feezi
  Can your pet open doors? HK86 30 11,061 06-25-2022, 05:41 AM
Last Post: feezi
  Do you care about your pet more than you love other humans? Shihtzufan 14 5,624 10-14-2021, 08:01 AM
Last Post: Albana
  Is eating grass normal or abnormal for your pet ?? Happyflowerlady 30 11,581 02-19-2021, 05:17 PM
Last Post: HemmyngsKylee
  Is it cruel to make your pet wear clothes? Melody_Of_Rain 52 37,168 11-28-2020, 08:21 AM
Last Post: EmmaWilliam
  Are you a pet owner or a pet parent? maxen57 7 3,441 11-22-2019, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Matt Robinson
  Spurned by a pet remnant 6 3,481 01-14-2018, 02:11 PM
Last Post: Gemma23426
  General Pet Forum Rules Thor 0 11,974 11-21-2017, 01:52 AM
Last Post: Thor
  Pet Store Business Greed FISHERMAN 0 1,719 09-02-2017, 09:36 AM
Last Post: FISHERMAN
  Feeding habits and pet interaction remnant 2 2,200 08-23-2016, 12:41 AM
Last Post: rz3300
  Strange things your pet is attracted to TreeClimber 32 13,436 08-05-2016, 05:11 AM
Last Post: kfander
  pet relocation parulverman 1 2,080 07-03-2016, 06:27 PM
Last Post: sonamjain
  Do you detox your pet? remnant 2 2,174 06-30-2016, 02:28 AM
Last Post: Novelangel
  Levying tax on pet owners Corzhens 1 2,175 06-17-2016, 07:35 AM
Last Post: CatCuddler57