LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kennel cough virus mutation
05-06-2012, 09:47 PM,
Mels Bee Offline

Threads: 6
Bug  Kennel cough virus mutation
Recently when I took my old boy to the vets to have his annual health check up and vaccinations I was informed by the vet that in the last six months they had seen an increase in kennel cough amongst their knine clients.When I prodded abit futher the vet informed me that in actual fact the increase was amongst shock of all shocks vaccinated dogs.I asked the vet had the virus begun to mutate a resistance against the vaccine for kennel cough.She said that they were not sure but recommended that I didn't have my old boy done owing to the fact that he suffers from congestive heart failure and that he was so old.So does this worry you ?I know that we hear about resistant diseases in human treatments but I'd never heard of it in animal treatments before untill I'd prodded the vet futher.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2012, 09:57 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-06-2012, 09:58 PM by Ram.)
Ram Offline
VIP Member

Threads: 247
RE: Kennel cough virus mutation
I don't have a dog, but I'd be worried for your old boy since he is having heart problems. Try to minimize the contact with other dogs to avoid the chance of getting the virus. Stay cool. Wink
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-06-2012, 10:04 PM,
Mels Bee Offline

Threads: 6
RE: Kennel cough virus mutation
Yeah I do worry bout him when we go out walking but I trust what the vet told me about not vaccinating him for the cough so he is vaccinated against the other viruses lurking around.I know the signs of kennel cough having researched it in my younger days lol.So I am aware of what to look out for in my old boys health.
Find all posts by this user