LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make Your Own Pet Station
07-18-2012, 12:40 PM,
ACSAPA Offline

Threads: 17
Make Your Own Pet Station
I found this makeover on Addicted 2 Decorating. It's a pet station. All she did was repaint a pet station that she already made,
but I can see that it would be easy to do this with an old dresser or a diaper changing table. This is pretty cute if you have the space for it.

http://www.addicted2decorating.com/the-n...ation.html

[Image: pet%20station%20red%203_thumb%5B45%5D.jpg?imgmax=800]

[Image: pet%20station%20after%203_thumb%5B1%5D.jpg?imgmax=800]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-30-2012, 07:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-30-2012, 08:03 AM by Ram.)
Ram Offline
VIP Member

Threads: 247
RE: Make Your Own Pet Station
Looking good, but where is the litter box located? If it is going to be a "rest area" for cats, then it should have food, water, and a restroom. Smile

The station is quite tall, but I guess if I have all the power of a cat I can jump onto the third floor directly from the ground too.

I do not have the necessary skills to make a cat station like these, but I am sure some people who are handy enough will have fun to making it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-31-2012, 05:31 AM,
footballtim Offline

Threads: 10
I have found that my cats like it more when I rig things for them. I cut boxes to make them become play stations and throw in some play balls with bells inside. I have saved a lot of money making things for my cats that would cost a fortune at a store. This includes toys. My cats would rather play with a simple piece of string on a stick than with a feather toy that you pay $11.99 for at Pet Smart.
08-31-2012, 06:01 PM,
Victor Leigh Offline

Threads: 19
That looks good. Unfortunately cats have rather different ideas about what looks good. I know because I have tried making beds for my cats with soft fluffy cloth lining cute baskets and my cats decide that sleeping on top of my shoes is more comfortable.
09-01-2012, 11:03 AM,
Jessi Offline

Threads: 3
Oh I love it! I doubt my cats would actually sleep on it, but I like the intent behind it. And I like that the water/food dishes are built right into it, instead of needing to set on the floor or a table of their own somewhere. It'd be convenient to store the food, cat toys, brushes, etc, in the drawer in the middle, too.
09-01-2012, 01:45 PM,
Victor Leigh Offline

Threads: 19
Yes, you have a point there. That kind of setup is certainly convenient. As a storage space. As to whether a cat will find it comfortable, that's something for the cat to decide.
09-02-2012, 06:49 AM,
CinnamonBear Offline

Threads: 2
Cats are just like toddlers; they prefer something made out of a box--or any old thing--to something expensive that your purchased!

They love new experiences, so we constantly give our cats leftover boxes, and we often create comfortable nap spaces for them on top of dressers and other pieces of furniture. They love a new view--especially if it's high off the ground!
09-03-2012, 02:01 AM,
minnow Offline

Threads: 1
That is a very cute idea and making something similar wouldn't be difficult at all. I redo furniture as a way to earn side income, plus it's a fun hobby. Something like this gives me new ideas that I bet would sell well. I doubt that I'd do something similar for my cat, though. Bella doesn't seem to want a bed made for her - I've tried various ways. She always comes up with a new one all on her own.
09-03-2012, 04:40 AM,
JustJenne Offline

Threads: 0
I went and read about it on the DIY website and it was converted from an old secretaries desk. I agree, that having a litter box would really make it a pet station. I see that there is food on top, so the litter box could go on the bottom I suppose (adding water to the top too.) However, I'm not sure my cats would sleep there... They seem to want to lay in the dark closet, on the DVD player, or in the windowsill. I don't like to buy things for my cats that are "cat things" because they usually don't use it... Like a cat bed.
09-03-2012, 02:01 PM,
ohiotom76 Offline

Threads: 5
That is a really good idea, although those are some pretty big bowls of water and food for such a small cat in that first pic, lol. I like how the bed is up off the floor too. I'm relatively new to owning cats, we have two now. But I've noticed they both like to sleep up on a chair or even on our dressers, and be up off the floor.

They might go nice with one of these designer litter boxes. I was just talking to my friend the other day about the potted plant one. That is kind of clever.

[Image: 51IWaesI2CL._SS400_.jpg]

[Image: Designer-Pet-Products-Litter-Box-Enclosure.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad How can I make new cat love me?! Dera 10 4,006 05-01-2014, 07:59 AM
Last Post: KittyReeves
  Why cats sometimes make baby cry sound? Ram 9 221,402 12-09-2013, 10:08 AM
Last Post: amy005
  How to make a cat like you? Ram 2 4,277 09-05-2012, 11:53 AM
Last Post: CinnamonBear
  Male or female cat? Which one makes better pet? Ram 16 33,132 07-17-2012, 06:48 AM
Last Post: andrew320