LoginRegister

Poll: Should I seperate Sasha and Dwight?
This poll is closed.
No, what's happening is still normal. They're happier if the y stay together!
0%
0 0%
No. If you're planning to breed this is wonderful!
0%
0 0%
Yes, it could harm Sasha if this happens a lot.
0%
0 0%
Yes. You dont want so many parakeets in your house.
0%
0 0%
I dont know.
0%
0 0%
Maybe.
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New eggs on the nest after 2 months!!
04-01-2014, 06:30 AM,
DwightandSasha Offline
Registered

Threads: 1
Exclamation  New eggs on the nest after 2 months!!
Hi. I need to share something to you guys and i know that this has been asked before but i need your help!

I bought 2 parakeets last August 2013 from a local pet store and I raised them to breed. Its been a while before Sasha (the female) parakeet to lay some eggs. January 13 when the first egg came then January 15 is the second then so on. She laid total of 4 eggs. 1 was unfertilized and the other one died when it hatch because it was eaten by ants.. Sad

The first one whose name is Janjan hatched on January 30th and the 2nd one came February 1 (name is Febby). They're both 8-9 weeks now. When they learned to fly I seperated them from their parentsi n a different cage. Then suddenly I noticed this afternoon that Sasha laid an egg again. Then early evening there's 2 of them in the nest box. Sasha was never seperated to the father Dwight. I just wanna know if this is something normal or is it something alarming? I dont have any plans of seperating them because they were so cute and romantic together. I just dont want Sasha to lay eggs every other month for it might harm my darling pet.

Please help me decide what to do Smile Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-18-2014, 03:03 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-18-2014, 03:05 PM by Ram.)
Ram Offline
VIP Member

Threads: 247
RE: New eggs on the nest after 2 months!!
If you don't want them to breed, you need to remove the nest box from the bird cage. The nest box is what's stimulate them to breed and lay eggs. Although on rare occasions some bird owners have found eggs laying at the bottom of the cage, in most cases the birds won't lay eggs without the nest box.

It is also bad for the hen's health if she keeps laying eggs and sitting in the nest box all day... all year. From what I have read, it is not recommended to have more than two batch of eggs per year. Or it is considered "over-breeding" and it is bad for the bird's health.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hatching parakeet eggs Corzhens 1 2,523 06-12-2016, 08:11 PM
Last Post: Thor
  budgie eggs hatching Krishna Hinge 3 2,744 11-10-2015, 02:23 AM
Last Post: Thor