LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Police shoot 75 year old grandmothers dog !
09-25-2013, 01:41 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-25-2013, 01:45 PM by Happyflowerlady.)
Happyflowerlady Offline

Threads: 104
Police shoot 75 year old grandmothers dog !
It seems like we hear more and more about police officers shooting and killing people's beloved pets.
Sometimes, these dogs do try to attack, or at least threaten, the law enforcement officers, but other times, the dogs are just there, being dogs, and not doing anything wrong, and they are killed anyway.
This one seems particularly uncalled for !
When masked men broke into a 75 year old woman's house, they pushed her to the floor, and told her not to get up. She tried to tell them, she could barely walk, and had suffered two strokes, and had her knee replaced, so there was no need for the masked men to hold her down. They then proceeded to shoot her dog, leaving him to die a tortured death, as he ran through the house bleeding from the shotgun wounds in his body.
The horror-struck grandmother was then dragged out and placed in a police car. Only then did she even realize that the men in masks were actually police officers !
Left sitting in the police car, in the heat of summer, her beloved dog slowly dying in the house, she waited while the police then searched her house.
You ask as I did.....WHY, WHY ?
Apparently her grandson had 2 pot plants growing in the back yard.

Read the whole article and see the bloody trail left by the dying dog...

http://www.fourwinds10.net/siterun_data/...1346676073
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-08-2013, 02:23 PM,
pftsusan Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Police shoot 75 year old grandmothers dog !
This whole thing is sick. A dog minding his own business and protecting his human family, gets shot to death by authorities who were also suppose to be responsible at first, but were not.

Meanwhile this 75 y/o grandmother is not well and did not know that her grandson was growing two marihuanna plants in the back yard. Her fur child is killed. This poor woman feels that she has lost everything to live for.
02-04-2014, 06:23 AM,
SweetBeast Offline

Threads: 4
This is unacceptable! The people of this town need to rally around this poor woman & see that there is an internal investigation & possible prosecution of those that committed this act!

I am friends of law enforcement as I have many friends in this field, but, when an injustice is made by those with the shield, it needs to be dealt with properly. Her dog does not need to die in vain! There was clearly a better, non lethal way of dealing with this, yet protocol was not followed in this case.

I feel so sorry for this woman, losing her companion....
03-21-2014, 09:37 AM,
Happyflowerlady Offline

Since the time when I posted this , i have seen several other instances of dogs being unnecessarily shot and killed by Law Enforcement. It might sometimes be necessary to do this, but many times, it seems to be their first option, whether it is necessary or not.
I just read about a beautiful family pet, a Newfoundland, so a large dog, but not an agressive one. Rosie had apparently gotten out of her yard, but when they tried to catch her, she jumped back over the fence and into her own back yard. The police then decided to tazer her, and subdue her that way, even though she was not causing any harm to anyone. After they tazered Rosie, she paniced, and jumped back out of the yard, and ran down the street to a neighbors yard; where she was then shot and killed.
During this time, the family who owned Rosie, and could have simply called her into the house if allowed to, were ordered by police to stay in the house and not interfere, since it was dangerous for the family to be outside while the officers were shooting guns.
04-25-2014, 05:54 AM,
nugluc47 Offline
Registered

Threads: 0
Wow!! My heart goes out to that dear lady. How on Earth can people "PAID" by us get away with such horrible behavior? And they do get away with it everyday.

Whether her grandson did or did not grow two "POT" plants in the house. How is deadly force necessary when dealing with a unarmed person? Now if the lady was smoking up the neighborhood with a meth lab...nah, not even then.

But we have to go back to ourselves, if we ignore this conduct in our communities how can it ever change? Vote!! Go to town meetings! Have a voice!
04-25-2014, 10:01 AM,
Happyflowerlady Offline

It didn't use to be that the police were so abusive, either to people or animals, as some of them are nowdays.
I remember, when I was growing up back in the mid-fifties; my folks knew the local police (we lived in a small town), and we were even neighbors with some of them. None of them would have ever even thought of killing an animal unless it were attacking someone, and there was no other way to subdue it.
I think it has just become more acceptable for law enforcement to simply kill and animal, because it seems to be happening over and over.
One person had his dog in his car, and was stopped for some reason, and the police killed the dog; who was only barking. Unfortunately, if the police say that the animal was a threat, they are usually believed over the dog-owner, and nothing is done to correct this behavior.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Amazing Dog Mom haopee 9 4,678 01-02-2024, 09:25 PM
Last Post: westpaodorpros
  How good is your dog food really ? Happyflowerlady 11 5,026 07-09-2022, 07:24 PM
Last Post: an_an_an77
  A Pet reptile was used as guard "dog" Thor 18 8,844 05-16-2019, 10:38 PM
Last Post: CodyCobey
  Dog breastfeeds kid remnant 6 4,901 06-29-2016, 07:02 AM
Last Post: Novelangel
  Dog meat Corzhens 2 2,634 05-29-2016, 10:20 AM
Last Post: maxen57
  K-9 Police dog saves liive of fellow officer . Happyflowerlady 5 3,865 05-26-2016, 11:04 AM
Last Post: maxen57
  Camping with your dog. Happyflowerlady 3 3,093 05-23-2016, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Corzhens
  Dog reunited with owner a year later ! Happyflowerlady 1 2,897 04-01-2015, 09:16 AM
Last Post: BobCat
  Metal Fragments Found by U.S. FDA on Some Pedigree® Dog Food Bags Snowflakes 2 3,224 10-05-2014, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Snowflakes
Tongue Police rescued a hedgehog whose head got stuck in a yoghurt pot Ram 2 3,452 09-01-2014, 01:33 AM
Last Post: Happyflowerlady
  Jiff, the Fastest Dog in the Planet Walking on Two Paws Snowflakes 0 2,235 08-30-2014, 05:25 AM
Last Post: Snowflakes
  Dog brings Trooper to house fire. Happyflowerlady 2 2,848 07-19-2014, 01:50 PM
  Salmonella in dog food recall. Happyflowerlady 0 2,293 06-17-2014, 07:29 AM
  Is the expensive dog food really any better for your dog's health ?? Happyflowerlady 0 2,532 05-02-2014, 06:42 AM
Exclamation Avoid Waggin Train dog treats and others from China - They're poisoning dogs! nick87 3 3,686 04-17-2014, 08:55 AM