LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russians Going to the Moon?
05-17-2012, 02:46 PM,
Mantis Offline

Threads: 23
Russians Going to the Moon?
I recently read an article by the Daily Mail, a UK newspaper. They're reporting a leaked document that states the Russians are planning to visit the moon. Well, in my opinion 2030 seems quite far away! But Obama is planning to get US astronauts onto Mars by 2030, according to the article. Thus, commence Space Race 2!

I'd much rather governments put money into space programmes than stupid war funding.
My favourite colour is green, my favourite number is 19.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-17-2012, 03:28 PM,
Thor Offline
Administrator

Threads: 111
RE: Russians Going to the Moon?
Rocket technology is based on burning fuel. It is too primitive and won't get us far in the space.
I'd like to see something new and exciting instead of the old WWII technology.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-18-2012, 04:21 AM,
kyle_crafty Offline

Threads: 2
(05-17-2012, 03:28 PM)Admin Wrote: Rocket technology is based on burning fuel. It is too primitive and won't get us far in the space.
I'd like to see something new and exciting instead of the old WWII technology.

That would probably take a few hundred years Tongue

As for Russians, I'm surprised they haven't tried since the cold war to be honest. I hate how people think we never landed on the moon "I don't see any flag with my telescope".. yeah the flag is smaller than a human and the moon is INSANELY far away...
Find all posts by this user
05-18-2012, 04:58 AM,
Ram Offline
VIP Member

Threads: 247
It doesn't matter whether it is true or not. We don't know for sure. If it is, the chance is the Russian might unplug that flag lol. Ok, probably not, but I am sure that thought would have crossed their mind.

Sometimes huge leap forward in technology does happen. It's like we go from no way to fly to having jets in a few decades. It is possible some unexpected new discovery can allow us to build revolutionary new spacecraft engines and power source.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user