LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Importance of the Fur Remover
06-20-2012, 11:50 AM,
haopee Offline

Threads: 91
The Importance of the Fur Remover
I've always wondered why malls, hardware stores and pet stores sell fur removers. I know that there's a thing used on dust removal but fur... how hard could it be?Angry

If you don't want fur all over the place, get a dog that doesn't shed. Unfortunately, I had not anticipated this with Peanuts. She sheds profusely.

I tried vacuuming but it doesn't work. I also tussle the pillows, blankets and clothes that have fur on them but it's just not enough. So eventually, I gave into the urge of buying the fur remover... and what do you know, it actually works.Banghead

[Image: 158-972-large.jpg]

Here's the one I bought. The smallest one on the left. Have you ever considered purchasing a fur remover to ease the shedding burden?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-20-2012, 12:10 PM,
TreeClimber Offline

Threads: 37
RE: The Importance of the Fur Remover
I have never seen that type of fur remover before. Do you brush your furniture with that? I was curious why there are different sizes.

We have the one with tape that you can clean your clothes off with. Sometimes I use masking tape to get the hair off my clothes.

My Jack Russell sheds, too. It's amazing how much hair one little dog can leave on the floor. It's not nearly as bad as the Collie we had years ago. She would shed clumps of hair. Sometimes I would worry that she'd end up bald.
06-20-2012, 09:11 PM,
haopee Offline

I felt the same way for Peanuts. Well, this one in particular is used for wet and dry fur removal. Yes. I just brush it on the pillows, linens and clothing that have Peanuts' fur on it. I was surprised that it was effective. I've always thought that the people who've made this just wanted to trick pet owners into buying them.

And yes, there are instances that I also feel that Peanuts' might be growing bald because she sheds a lot, too. And I only have half a terrier. What more if she were pure bred?
06-25-2012, 03:52 PM,
Karenskatz Offline

Threads: 10
Except for Poodles and hairless breeds, I don't think there's a dog out there that doesn't shed. My cats like to lay aon my sewing machine and they get fur all over my sewing projects, so I found a drycleaning wholesale supply andI buy the tape rollers by the case.
06-25-2012, 05:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-25-2012, 05:32 PM by Ram.)
Ram Offline
VIP Member

Threads: 247
Having problem to remove pet hair from your home?
There are actually a few products quite good at removing hair/fur from everywhere.

Check Pet Hair Magnet out. So it can actually gather hair easily from your couch, carpet, blanket, chairs, clothes, etc. My guess is since it uses rubber, when you use it there is electricity produced through friction, and it attracts hair. Learned that little trick back when I was in kindergarten. Tongue But it was with the rubber end of a pencil.
[Image: lg_10359_10791.jpg]

And there is Pet Hair Pic-Up Kit. It uses disposable sticky tape to get the hair stuck onto it. I guess it works very well too, since its reviews are quite good.

[Image: lg-12533-45048-dog.jpg]

Give them a try. The reviews speak for themselves. Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-27-2012, 12:58 PM,
haopee Offline

(06-25-2012, 05:28 PM)Ram Wrote: And there is Pet Hair Pic-Up Kit. It uses disposable sticky tape to get the hair stuck onto it. I guess it works very well too, since its reviews are quite good.

[Image: lg-12533-45048-dog.jpg]

Give them a try. The reviews speak for themselves. Smile

I've seen this kind of hair remover. I'm a bit dismayed because it is disposable. I'd rather choose the long lasting ones because lint rollers with sticky tape are just too disposable and too expensive. In my country, the one I mentioned in the start of the thread and the Scotch Lint Roller cost the same. So I chose the plastic one, budget-wise.

One more thing I've noticed about Peanuts' fur is that it's not like soft or like the ones shown in that picture. It sticks to clothing and inserts itself in the fibers which made me decide to buy the fur remover.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Purse Out of Dog Fur helaofthenorns 1 2,245 09-13-2014, 01:19 PM
Last Post: Happyflowerlady
  Fur styling at Petsmart? TreeClimber 0 1,471 03-09-2014, 12:27 PM
Last Post: TreeClimber
  How to help itchy skin, losing fur. jenzshoppin 7 5,305 03-03-2013, 08:49 AM
Last Post: trishgl