LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auction Sniping
05-18-2012, 01:26 PM,
Mantis Offline

Threads: 23
Auction Sniping
What are your thoughts on this? Of course, the website I'm generally referring to is eBay. Have you been very annoyed before because an item you bidded on near the end was "sniped" in the last few seconds? I got so annoyed with bidding for some items only to lose them that I ended up sniping myself. My auction success grew greatly. As guilty as I felt doing it, I knew that sometimes you have to fight fire with fire.

Have you ever tried it yourself? Or do you prefer to just use other online sites for shopping?
My favourite colour is green, my favourite number is 19.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-19-2012, 01:57 AM,
The CatDog Offline

Threads: 11
RE: Auction Sniping
The last time I use eBay to buy anything online was more than 4 years ago. Got tired of the auction system with snipers and bot bidding, it basiclly took any of the fun that was left, out. I only use Amazon or a stores website for buying anything online. Sometimes I do look at eBay and just browse the buy it now listings and can usually find it cheaper somewhere else since the days of the small mom and pop listers or even the individual listers are pretty much gone, taken over by the large companies.
05-19-2012, 05:11 AM,
Fishbone Offline

Threads: 28
It goes with the territory. I can't stand it. I have done it, but it is rarely worth it. The penny auctions are worse. There is actually a site that some people have tried to start with a penny auction concept selling off ball python morphs. It absolutely disgusts me. It appears they have very little experience with the animals, and saw the amount of money they can sell for, so jumped into it. I think they are still stalled, they had some form of legal problems.
05-20-2012, 02:41 AM,
Ram Offline
VIP Member

Threads: 247
You know other people would do it, so why not do it yourself too?
From the very start I took advantage of sniping on auctions back when I was using Yahoo Auctions, because if I didn't do it others would have won every auction I bid on. Later when I moved to use ebay, of course I applied that strategy too. During the last a few minutes, I would refresh the page like crazy just to see how will outbid me in the last second.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user