LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Verizon dropping the grandfathered unlimited data plans
05-17-2012, 11:35 AM,
The CatDog Offline

Threads: 11
Verizon dropping the grandfathered unlimited data plans
Quote:Verizon Wireless will no longer be allowing customers on a grandfathered unlimited data plan to upgrade to a 4G LTE smartphone when the carrier launches its tiered data share plans in mid-summer.

This is just another dumb idea by the large carriers. Bandwidth caps is not the way to combat bandwidth issues. Their problems is that there is more people getting into the data plans and the carriers need to increase the infrastructure. They don't want to admit to be providing dumb pipes.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-17-2012, 12:38 PM,
Fishbone Offline

Threads: 28
RE: Verizon dropping the grandfathered unlimited data plans
Do you have a link to that specific story, not just the VZW site?? I've been milking an ancient phone plan with verizon for years and years.
05-17-2012, 03:58 PM,
Thor Offline
Administrator

Threads: 111
I am with AT&T. So I don't have to be any part of it. At one point, I thought I should have gone with Verizon because of the signal coverage. I was in a building where my AT&T phone received no signal, while someone sitting across the hall was making a call. Mad
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-18-2012, 01:32 AM,
The CatDog Offline

Threads: 11
The Verge Link

Sorry about that thought I had put that in there. But from whats been flying around the nets is that if your on a current 3g data plan and will be getting upgraded after the date then you will be pushed into a tiered or shared plan.

Very sad that Verizon is doing this. Might look for something else but here in the states we're pretty much sol.
05-19-2012, 07:19 AM,
Fishbone Offline

Threads: 28
Metro PCS has upgraded their coverage area greatly. Might actually be time to give them a serious look. Or buy a new 4G phone in the next month. I had been hoping with Metro growing it would force the big boys into offering some sort of all inclusive unlimited plans again. But I guess not. At least not yet.