Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weird things your cat does?
08-09-2012, 03:41 AM,
Laura Offline

Threads: 10
Weird things your cat does?
Hi,

I had a cat who loved to bring us papers from outside. Like those (normal Big Grin) cats who bring dead mice as a gift. But my cat brought back papers, tissues. Everyday. And he was so proud, you should have see his face. Rofl

Do your cats do weird things?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-11-2012, 01:57 PM,
ronnie41647 Offline
Registered

Threads: 0
RE: Weird things your cat does?
I have a very large white/grey cat with blue eyes. her name is Casper. Casper likes to lay flat on her back-paws out. It is the funniest thing to see. She looks like one of those chalk outlines you see on tv.

She also likes to play with my oldest daughters Barbie pieces. Shoes, pets, dishes, doesn't matter. I have scolded my daughter for leaving them laying and then saw the cat packing them around....silly kitty!
08-12-2012, 12:54 AM,
laurasav Offline

Threads: 28
That is so funny, Laura, about your cat bringing papers and tissues (used??? EWWWW!) from outside back to you! That is pretty weird! And ronnie's cat doing the "dead guy" pose - LOL! That's also pretty cute how she likes Barbie's accessories.

My first cat always wanted to eat my silk flower arrangements. It made me so mad! My second cat loved giving back rubs - I greatly appreciated that from her! My fourth cat is my Bengal, still with me, and she is weird in many different ways. She used to chew on anything and everything, including resin sculptures, wood ducks, a wood coffee table, etc. My Tonk still sleeps in very infantile, kittenish poses - so cute! And my DSH stands on his hind legs, very tall, quite often. He looks hilarious.
Several of my cats have had a problem of wanting to lick and/or eat plastic. Most of my cats have played fetch as good as any dog!
08-12-2012, 04:22 AM,
dashboardc33 Offline

That is funny! Your cat sounds like it has a dog mixture in her! LOL.

My cat does some weird things, but I think there are a lot of cats who do this. She likes to drink from the water faucet. She also begs like a dog! I know there are some cats like this, but I think it is pretty crazy that they do these things. I wonder if dogs have an impression on them.
08-17-2012, 04:35 AM,
andrew320 Offline

Threads: 6
I'm not sure if you can say "weird," but they do a variety of things that I have never seen a cat do. For example, our nine-year-old Tabby, Max, does somersalts in the washroom, while our four-year-old Black Havana cat only drinks water from the kitchen tap.

It's funny when they go crazy and run after each other all over the apartment.
08-17-2012, 10:26 AM,
Nakhash Offline

Threads: 1
My calico will only eat her food from the middle of the small mound in her bowl. Once she's eaten out the middle so it resembles a donut, she then hunts down one of her humans and wails at us until we go to her dish and stir the food back into a mound so she can eat the middle again. It is so annoying.
08-28-2012, 11:07 PM,
amanda509 Offline

Threads: 56
my cat and i "wrestle". when we start playing, he grabs hold of my arms or legs and start biting and kicking and i put my hand on his head or tickle him and he gets even more excited, and as soon as i say "nice kitty" he stops and starts rubbing on me Smile

he also drinks from a variety of things, the faucet, the toilet, the sink, the dog bowl, anything except his own bowl -.-

he also has a sweet tooth, they say cats cant taste sweet or sour, i dont believe it. my cat goes nuts for sugar! he will lick icing off of cupcakes, and his ultimate favorite is fruit! he LOVES watermelon!

my grandmother has two cats that i had given her as barn orphans and they grew up to be quite huge! but they have the personality of dogs! both will play fetch and wrestle eachother to get the toy, they eat anything and everything, and every morning they pile up their toys in one pile on the side of my grand parents bed because they want to play lol. they also steal anything small (like dining table decorations) and hide them in impossible places, until they pile them up with their toys occasionally XD
08-28-2012, 11:20 PM,
Jessi Offline

Threads: 3
My sister's cat likes to steal small objects. She used to get the kids in trouble before we realized it was her. She would get into their room and steal these little plastic cupcake things from a Barbie set and leave them throughout the house. They hurt like crazy (think: the size of a marble) when you stepped on them and so the kids were supposed to keep them put away. Then time and time again, they'd be out and they'd get in trouble.

Then one night, we saw the cat carrying one around and discovered it had been her all along.
08-29-2012, 10:03 AM,
Msmonkeyfeet Offline

Threads: 2
(08-11-2012, 01:57 PM)ronnie41647 Wrote: I have a very large white/grey cat with blue eyes. her name is Casper. Casper likes to lay flat on her back-paws out. It is the funniest thing to see. She looks like one of those chalk outlines you see on tv.

She also likes to play with my oldest daughters Barbie pieces. Shoes, pets, dishes, doesn't matter. I have scolded my daughter for leaving them laying and then saw the cat packing them around....silly kitty!

It's funny you say that because I was just about to post about how my very large black and white long haired cat named Bunny lays on her back all sprawled out as well! She also lays on the arms of the couches with her legs hanging down the sides of the arm with her head down.
08-29-2012, 07:17 PM,
Victor Leigh Offline

Threads: 19
Weird things? Let me think. Yes, my cats do some things which might seem weird. They are main indoor cats. However when I go outside to hang my clothes out to dry, they would follow me out to play in the sun. Some of them them would dash at the nearest tree and take a flying leap up the tree trunk. On a couple of occasions, their momentum took them too far up and they didn't know how to get down. So I have to rescue them.
08-31-2012, 06:59 PM,
footballtim Offline

My little Bengal Phoebe constantly needs attention. One thing I used to be able to do with her to get her to keep herself entertained was to run the bath water. When I turned it off, she would stare at the drain for almost 1/2 hour. She does not do that anymore. She also likes to watch the toilet flush and drain. My wife and I are very careful now to keep the toilet seat completely shut. I don't want her falling in there.
09-01-2012, 05:14 PM,
Victor Leigh Offline

Threads: 19
Your Bengal certainly has a weird interest in water. The nearest my cats would get to water is when I take a bath. They would sit quietly just outside the door. Once I kept the door open while I was taking a bath. They looked at me but didn't say anything. Maybe they were wondering how I could take all that water and didn't drown.
09-02-2012, 06:42 AM,
CinnamonBear Offline

My Bengal loves to pull the toilet paper off the roller. We've had to actually stop using the roller because every roll was getting shredded--which can end up being expensive!

We have a Manx who doesn't know how to cover her poop in the litterbox, and one day the Bengal pulled all the toilet paper off the roll and covered the litterbox poop with it. Guess she was sending a message to her buddy!
09-02-2012, 08:13 AM,
laurasav Offline

Threads: 28
Oh my gosh, that is seriously hilarious about CinBear's Bengal using toilet paper to cover the Manx's poop up!!! ROTFL!Rofl
How smart that cat is!!! Big Grin
Our Bengal doesn't cover her poop up, but our little Tonkinese will go in and cover it up for her. Not with toilet paper though! haha

Victor, Bengals are known for being water lovers, unlike the majority of other cats. They're a pretty unique breed - like Savannah cats. They both have wild cat genes and similar personalities.
09-02-2012, 10:20 AM,
JustJenne Offline

We have one cat (who happens to have a very short tail with a kink in it) who likes to lay straight out on his tummy with his legs back like a dog. It is pretty funny to see. He also has loud, irregular breathing and snores.
I've had cats over the years who eat grass and one even ate charred wood from the fire pit. Our cat Marie likes to eat Cheez-Its and seems to prefer bread over meat. She also kept jumping on the counter and licking the butter.
09-07-2012, 05:29 PM,
ZachM Offline

I have a cat that will lick plastic bags. Anytime you bring a plastic bag home from a store, she is right up in it licking all over it. My other cat likes to drink milk out of a glass by tipping it over with her paw. We have tried to give her milk on a saucer plate but she won't drink it. She will only drink it from a glass.
09-08-2012, 03:39 AM,
footballtim Offline

This is not really all that weird, but my young Bengal, Phoebe has destroyed several sets of ear phones that we use for our I-pods. Whenever she sees those things dangling anywhere, she immediately starts batting them around and chewing on them. Tabitha (our older cat) will not destroy them, but she does play with them. Now, do not get me wrong, Phoebe is not destructive, but these ear phones are an exception to that rule.
09-16-2012, 10:13 AM,
Msmonkeyfeet Offline

I recently adopted a now 9 week old kitten and I've discovered that his new favorite thing to do is sit on my shoulder when I'm sitting on the couch and lick the side of my face and then eventually fall asleep laying across my shoulder. I refer to him as my little parrot kitten but I hope he doesn't plan on continuing this habit when he gets much larger and much heavier!
09-19-2012, 10:23 AM,
Nakhash Offline

Another weird thing my cat does is wait outside the bathroom while I take a shower. When I'm done, she comes in, jumps on the edge of the tub, and licks the water off the shower curtain lining. I guess she's fixated on the bathroom. Perhaps there's a Freudian connection for cats.
09-26-2012, 10:38 AM,
ACSAPA Offline

Threads: 17
You guys have some amazing stories. My cat Dolores is normal except that she once destroyed a TV by gradually chewing all the way through the electric cord.
My old cat Paisley that I used to have knew how to pee in the toilet and liked to be walked on a leash. But these little quirks seem tame compared to your cats playing dead, licking plastic bags and covering poop with toilet paper. You guys have some smart cats.
10-03-2012, 06:44 AM,
sandooch Offline

Threads: 9
Out of all three of my cats, Lily, the youngest at 8 years old, is the funniest. She is huge, so it suprises me that she can even do this. She gets into these weird, kitten-like moods where she will out of the blue run around the house like crazy. But she will do this Matrix thing where she will jump up on the door jam in our hallway, cling onto it for a few seconds as she looks at us with her crazy eyes, and then drop and take off running. It is the funniest thing to watch. I wish I had a video camera around when she gets in these moods. It's like she got into a heap of catnip.
10-19-2012, 04:04 PM,
lindbergh Offline
Registered

I don't know if this is weird, but I once had a kitten named Garfield and a dog that had puppies named Bonique. Once Garfield and Bonique became familiar with each other, Garfield would actually breast-feed on Bonique (if that's the correct term). I thought that Bonique would get mad and bite the poor kitty but she never complained. Garfield grew up to be a mighty fine cat.
12-04-2012, 03:58 AM,
Molly Offline

Threads: 4
When I was a girl, we had a beautiful smoky-colored cat who would love to dress up in baby clothes. My sisters and I would dress this cat in baby sleepers and baby bonnets. Smokey, that was the cat's name, would lie in the doll stroller and allow us to push her around. She was a very gentle and relaxed cat, even after we fussed over her.

Occasionally, she would get fed up with us and get out of the doll stroller and run across the yard, wearing her 'baby' clothes. Our brother thought that was funny and a little weird. We, of course, were upset that she wanted to run away. We didn't want to upset our cat, we only wanted to play with her.
12-04-2012, 05:25 PM,
Bloomsie Offline

Threads: 23
When I was little, I used to have such a shy, but loveable cat named Rusty. He was, of course, a Red Tabby. My aunt randomly found him in her classroom and decided to give him to my mom and I since we just lost our cat of 8 years, Tiger. For the longest time when we got to know Rusty, he never meowed. Not even once. It wasn't until a few weeks later that he began to speak, and the weirdest thing was that he didn't meow properly. He was literally a stuttering cat. We didn't care and found it very cute. And actually, the best part was that my mom is a stutterer. So the two of them got a long better than anyone else. It was very adorable!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Post photos and videos of your cat(s) here! Thor 47 28,076 05-31-2022, 07:39 AM
Last Post: Busbyx
  What breed of cat is good around children maxen57 9 5,337 05-19-2022, 06:00 PM
Last Post: KaithJ
  Does your cat shed hair excessively? footballtim 11 8,671 06-14-2021, 02:05 PM
Last Post: hwillson
  Does your cat talk to you? Does it respond to its name? NicholasWatson 2 1,262 02-19-2021, 09:24 PM
Last Post: AdrianLewis
  What interesting things has your cat destroyed kfander 19 11,602 02-19-2021, 08:45 PM
Last Post: HemmyngsKylee
  Interesting Cat Scratching posts Shihtzufan 3 2,929 02-19-2021, 08:41 PM
  Does your cat respond when you call their name? BobCat 31 22,891 02-19-2021, 05:36 PM
  Does your cat sleep in bed with you? niightwind 15 10,402 02-19-2021, 05:24 PM
  Brushing a Cat kfander 8 5,292 02-19-2021, 05:23 PM
  How Many Times a Day Do You Feed Your Cat and What Brand? Bloomsie 11 7,338 11-27-2020, 08:35 AM
Last Post: EmmaWilliam
Question Water Fountain vs. Water Dish for cat? mariposa 24 31,400 09-16-2020, 12:32 AM
Last Post: HarryDavidson701L3
  DIY Cat Litter ACSAPA 4 6,819 10-05-2016, 11:41 PM
Last Post: Loro
  Cat Longevity kfander 2 4,522 08-27-2016, 01:53 AM
Last Post: rz3300
  My cat is overweight krystianna 9 6,540 08-26-2016, 11:28 PM
Last Post: Tom1
  Cat cafe - are you for or against? Elfprincess 11 8,577 08-26-2016, 03:05 AM
Last Post: remnant