LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your cat(s) favorite human food?
08-22-2012, 07:07 PM,
ohiotom76 Offline

Threads: 5
RE: What are your cat(s) favorite human food?
Our cats aren't interested in human food for some reason. At best they will sometimes sniff around what you're eating, but never eat it. I guess thats a good thing, but I do kind of miss it because our dogs used to beg for human food all the time and it was pretty cute.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-23-2012, 05:28 AM,
writer811 Offline

Threads: 10
Lots of people have problems with animals begging for food. I don't understand why, I certainly don't. But we have a calico cat right now that won't beg for food but will eat certain foods when you give them to her. My dad likes to feed her small pieces of beef and chicken whenever she comes around and my brother once gave her a chicken nugget.
08-23-2012, 11:40 AM,
Nakhash Offline

Threads: 1
My cat has a love of Italian sausage. She doesn't care for pepperoni but gobbles up the sausage. She also loves cheeseburger patties from Sonic but no other place.
Since she's an older cat now at 16, I'm much more careful with her "treats." I allow her a small bite or two but not large amounts that might make her ill.

The other thing I have to absolutely hide from her is Lindt White Lindoor Truffles. She goes insane for the creamy center.
08-26-2012, 09:58 AM,
footballtim Offline

Threads: 10
My older cat likes chicken of any kind. Although she does not really like table scraps, she will always be at my side when I have some chicken. Other than that, I keep her on a strict diet of kidney food for her kidney disease, and believe me, the chicken is hardly any and not often.
09-02-2012, 08:31 AM,
JustJenne Offline

Threads: 0
Oh this is a good question! I will list by cat too.
Fluffy- Tuna water, milk, ice cream, chicken
Benny- Chicken and tuna water
Layla- a little chicken sometimes.
Marie- bread including crackers like Cheese Its.

Marie seems like an oddball out of the bunch, turning her nose up to meat and going for crackers instead. We had to get a butter dish because she kept jumping on the counter and licking the butter haha!
09-07-2012, 05:34 PM,
ZachM Offline

My cats favorite human food is anything they can find off my plate. I have one cat that will watch me eat. Then when I get up, she walks over to where my plate was and starts sniffing trying to find food I may have left behind.
01-05-2013, 03:43 AM,
BugM Offline

My cats each have their own favorite. The only girl of the house loves white rice and yogurt. You can't eat yogurt without her harassing you, and she'll try to stick her tongue in the cup the second you aren't looking. She also enjoys water melon a lot, which is something one of my boys enjoys. I have two older boys and they both enjoy meat. One enjoys water melon and chicken, but he hates ham. The other of the older boys loves meat, but he hates strawberries. He acts almost afraid of them, which is slightly bizarre. The younger two cats are always wanting everything. It doesn't matter what. We run the garbage disposal at the same time as the can opener to keep from attracting attention. They learned from the older boys that the can opener means food, but the difference is the older boys only come when it's tuna. The little guys don't care, haha.
01-10-2013, 02:09 AM,
Lex Offline

We have two cats, currently: Sibyl (a nearly three y/o domestic medium-hair) and Alice (a five m/o mutt of a kitten), and they both absolutely love anything dairy-based. Which, of course, isn't the best for cats. So, they both get a teensy bit of cheese or milk, every now and then. Mostly, though, they love bread and that is something that I definitely feel comfortable giving them a little of that. If they ever get anything else, it's always a little bit of meat - mostly ham.
01-26-2013, 09:46 AM,
Kyla Houbolt Offline

Threads: 4
I make food for these cats who adopted me. They get scrambled eggs with ground beef, kelp meal, nutritional yeast, and some Missing Link cat supplement powder. I also mix in a little Hempseed Oil I have in the fridge and cant stand the taste of myself but they seem to like it just fine.

I do all this because they eat outside at times of their own choosing during the day and I don't want to have the odor of catfood out there attracting other sorts of creatures. Seems to work rather well. They also get kibble so I feel I have their nutrition covered pretty well.
01-28-2013, 12:43 PM,
Blemons2527 Offline

My orange cat loves meds French fries. And we'll mainly only eat them and he knows when we bring meds home. He will actually sit and beg like a dog till he sucks you in and you give him one lol. Ik French fries aren't good for cats cause of the grease. So we mainly only give him one. He also loves pepperoni pizza, peppers, French fries, and a few other things.
01-28-2013, 01:30 PM,
Ram Offline
VIP Member

Threads: 247
LOL @ Blemons2527,
You actually let your cat eat junk (human) food. Tongue At least I always order onion rings instead of French fires when I go to Burger King. Big Grin No, I don't give any animals my junk food. HAHA!

I can totally understand why some cats and dogs love pepperoni. Do you give just the pepperoni to your cat? or do you give an entire slice of pizza? lol

Where did you order your pizza? My favorite is Hungry Howie garlic pizza.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-29-2013, 11:15 PM,
ReneLeBeau Offline

Threads: 1
My cats often want a taste from my plate too. They especially go crazy for chocolate and sweets. I know that those are really, really bad for them, so I have to stay hidden when I eat anything sweet, and I can't leave anything laying around (even the wrappers). The only things they never ask for are the fruits and vegetables. The only "human" food I give them is meat. I let them have some processed meats like baloney, peperoni, hot dogs, ham etc. when I'm making a sandwich or something, I try not to make it too often. But when I'm preparing something with pure meat, I always set some aside for them. I don't leave them any bones, grease or skin, and I put the meat in boiling water for a minute-two just to take care of the parasites.
05-31-2013, 08:46 AM,
maelstrom Offline

Threads: 5
My cat has a very...odd relationship with Cheetos. When you open up a bag of them, she will not shut up until you give her one. So finally, you give her one, and you know what she does?
...nibble it a bit, mew once, then leave it alone. About five or ten seconds later, she'll come back begging again, thus repeating the cycle. It's adorable, but annoying as hell.

She also loves popcorn. You can't have any without her getting some. She'll start nibbling at it, then nibble a bit more, then GLOMP. She'll eat the whole thing. It's freaking cute.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Post photos and videos of your cat(s) here! Thor 47 28,365 05-31-2022, 07:39 AM
Last Post: Busbyx
  What breed of cat is good around children maxen57 9 5,393 05-19-2022, 06:00 PM
Last Post: KaithJ
  Does your cat shed hair excessively? footballtim 11 8,770 06-14-2021, 02:05 PM
Last Post: hwillson
  Does your cat talk to you? Does it respond to its name? NicholasWatson 2 1,286 02-19-2021, 09:24 PM
Last Post: AdrianLewis
  What interesting things has your cat destroyed kfander 19 11,685 02-19-2021, 08:45 PM
Last Post: HemmyngsKylee
  Interesting Cat Scratching posts Shihtzufan 3 2,955 02-19-2021, 08:41 PM
  Does your cat respond when you call their name? BobCat 31 23,079 02-19-2021, 05:36 PM
  Does your cat sleep in bed with you? niightwind 15 10,478 02-19-2021, 05:24 PM
  Brushing a Cat kfander 8 5,346 02-19-2021, 05:23 PM
  How Many Times a Day Do You Feed Your Cat and What Brand? Bloomsie 11 7,424 11-27-2020, 08:35 AM
Last Post: EmmaWilliam
Question Water Fountain vs. Water Dish for cat? mariposa 24 31,540 09-16-2020, 12:32 AM
Last Post: HarryDavidson701L3
  DIY Cat Litter ACSAPA 4 6,865 10-05-2016, 11:41 PM
Last Post: Loro
  Cat Longevity kfander 2 4,559 08-27-2016, 01:53 AM
Last Post: rz3300
  My cat is overweight krystianna 9 6,591 08-26-2016, 11:28 PM
Last Post: Tom1
  Cat cafe - are you for or against? Elfprincess 11 8,642 08-26-2016, 03:05 AM
Last Post: remnant