LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What book are you reading now?
03-03-2012, 01:42 PM,
Onyx Offline

Threads: 25
What book are you reading now?
I'm a fairly avid reader (to put it mildly) and always like to hear what others are currently interested in.

Right now I'm reading The Poisonwood Bible, a book I've read in the past but go back to once in a while.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2012, 04:33 PM,
bw Offline

Threads: 10
RE: What book are you reading now?
Dean Koontz "One Door Away From Heaven" Again! Certain Authors I keep their books to read again at a later date. Koontz is one of them.
03-03-2012, 04:54 PM,
Onyx Offline

Threads: 25
He's an absolute favorite of mine Smile Twilight Eyes and Watchers are two of my all time favorites by him.
03-03-2012, 11:07 PM,
Ram Offline
VIP Member

Threads: 247
The internet is my book now. So much to read. Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-04-2012, 10:46 AM,
bw Offline

My favorite (Dean Koontz book) of all is Watchers, though I have read all his books (i think), some multiple times.
03-05-2012, 12:38 AM,
bw Offline

OnyxGuide, Who else do you like to read?
03-08-2012, 09:13 AM,
lhins Offline

Threads: 2
I just finished reading "Return to the Chateau" which is the sequel to "Story of O" by Pauline Reage. They are both rather interesting reads, but "Return to the Chateau" makes more of a mockery of the "Story of O"
03-09-2012, 02:41 AM,
OriJas Offline

Threads: 3
I'm a complete bookworm myself. Or at least I was more so a few years ago. I can't seem to find the focus on concentration on them much anymore. I should be finishing reading the book I started on last year, but I just can't sit still on it long enough. Does online fanfiction or comic books count though? I read several of those a day, and I have been thinking about re-reading Terry Pratchett's Maskerade, or perhaps starting over with Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series again. I began reading Voyager last year, but it's been so long I might as well start back at the first book again. Which I've no complaints over, as it's probably my favorite one.
03-09-2012, 06:14 AM,
Dakota Dog Offline

Threads: 0
I have read watchers at least 5 times! Anything Dean Koontz, John Saul or Stephen King will get my attention.
I just finished Duma Key by Stephen King and loved it, and now reading a series of books by Barb & J.C Hemdee starting with "Dhampir". It's not usually something I'd pick out, but my niece got me hooked on them..great story line! (at least I think so! Smile )
I wish there were more hours in the day to kick back and read!!!
03-09-2012, 08:07 AM,
bw Offline

I like John Saul too. Not Stephan King so much any more. I did like Pet Cemetery, Christine, It, and didn't he write Misery? I liked both the book and movie. Of course Cujo. Have you read any of the "Reacher" books by Lee Child?
03-09-2012, 10:13 AM,
Dakota Dog Offline

No, never heard of it, but will look it up. And yes, Stephen King wrote Misery. I didn't mind the movie, but most of his books are butchered when adapted to movies except for Green Mile and Shawshank Redemption. I read Dream Catcher and the book was awesome..the movie..not so much.
03-15-2012, 05:31 AM,
bw Offline

I think most movies butcher the books. I usually like the books much better. I like some James Patterson stuff too.
03-15-2012, 03:27 PM,
Thor Offline
Administrator

Threads: 111
Where do you guys get your books from? Local book stores? Amazon? Or library?
How did you find those books? Word of mouth? Or research? Or you fell for the advertisement? Big Grin
03-15-2012, 04:45 PM,
Monica9975 Offline

Threads: 8
Well,recently,i'm reading the book《beyond the horizon》.A nice story is described in this famous book.You know,i'm still a student,so i will make the most of our university's resource.I borrowed this book from the library.And how did i find this book,easy!When i was strolled in the Library for some books,i found it.
03-15-2012, 05:42 PM,
bw Offline

My wife goes to the library. She browses till something peaks her interest. I read certain authors and like to buy and keep the books to read again. I used to shop Borders, now I have found Half Price Books.
03-17-2012, 04:47 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-17-2012, 04:48 PM by OriJas.)
OriJas Offline

Threads: 3
I used to get my books from the library. School and public. Either I'd read them there while skipping classes (don't do it kids, I had a good excuse!) or I'd be shocking them all when I brought back the four books I'd only borrowed the day before. I picked by story and interest. I'd read the back, if the summary looked interesting, I'd take a peak at the first page or two, if it didn't seem like it would bore me by the second page, it was a winner. Though, the amount of times I got into trouble in 8th grade (first year high school here) because I kept refusing to agree with their "you must be in 11th grade before you can read or borrow The Color Purple", I couldn't tell you...I lost count. Still didn't stop me from trying though, and they still scolded me each time.

Ah, those were the days. These days, I either buy them from wherever I find them, or borrow...except I don't get back to the library by the due date to return them. I'm so in denial about my lost bookworm days that I keep hiring out all the books and well...kind of refuse to return them until I've finished reading them. I have a bulk of late-fees following me, but I'm good for their return as long as I just blasted well read them. I should start on the comic books and work my way up.
03-18-2012, 03:25 AM,
Ram Offline
VIP Member

Threads: 247
I haven't really read any book since I graduated. Except for that little book given to me by my internship boss.
03-20-2012, 06:55 AM,
Dakota Dog Offline

I like to hit rummage sales for old books, trade with friends, and some I downloaded to my Ipad. Since the closest Library is an hour drive, I usually don't go there unless I really need to research old newpapers.
03-25-2012, 01:15 AM,
bw Offline

Now I have nearly finished False Memory, another Dean Koontz book
03-31-2012, 06:28 AM,
Thor Offline
Administrator

Threads: 111
The last books I actually read on my own (as for not read for school or work) were Wizard of Oz. Little known to many people, there are total 14 stories of Wizard of Oz from the same writer. We have only two movies. The first movie was based on the first of the total 14 stories. The second movie has mixed elements from both the second and the third stories yet too different from the original stories from the book. I wish they have made all of them into movies.
03-31-2012, 10:56 PM,
bw Offline

I sure didn't know that!