LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your favorite animal movie of all time ?
11-23-2014, 02:41 AM,
Happyflowerlady Offline

Threads: 104
What is your favorite animal movie of all time ?
I am sure that most of us started out with something like "Bambi" as our favorite animal character movie, and there are also all of the cartoon characters, like Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck that we loved as children.
Sometimes, there are movies that touch our hearts, even as an adult. One of my all-time favorites is another Walt Disney classic, Old Yeller. It is about a boy and his wonderful dog, who (sadly) gets rabies and has to be put down at the end of the movie.
Another one that I really loved; but with a much happier ending, was "The Black Stallion" , which is made from the Black Stallion series of books by Walter Farley.

"Turner and Hootch", about a Mastiff whose owner is murdered, is also one that I have enjoyed wating over and over.
What are some other favorite moves about animals ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-25-2015, 07:52 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-25-2015, 07:56 AM by Happyflowerlady.)
Happyflowerlady Offline

Threads: 104
RE: What is your favorite animal movie of all time ?
One of the most interesting movies thhat has animals in it is "Life of Pi". Although this is not a movies about someone's beloved pet, or a heroical dog, like most movies are; it is a great movie for someone who loves animals.
the animals in thismove are a combination of real anumals and computer generated ones; and they have done such an awesome job with the computerized animals that it is hard to be sure which ones are real and which ones are not real.
Not only the story is great, but the setting and backgrounds are beautiful as well. Overall, it is just a movie that is well worth watching, and one that you will want to see more than once.

http://youtu.be/mZEZ35Fhvuc
04-01-2015, 09:00 AM,
BobCat Offline

Threads: 5
(11-23-2014, 02:41 AM)Happyflowerlady Wrote: I am sure that most of us started out with something like "Bambi" as our favorite animal character movie, and there are also all of the cartoon characters, like Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck that we loved as children.
Sometimes, there are movies that touch our hearts, even as an adult. One of my all-time favorites is another Walt Disney classic, Old Yeller. It is about a boy and his wonderful dog, who (sadly) gets rabies and has to be put down at the end of the movie.
Another one that I really loved; but with a much happier ending, was "The Black Stallion" , which is made from the Black Stallion series of books by Walter Farley.

"Turner and Hootch", about a Mastiff whose owner is murdered, is also one that I have enjoyed wating over and over.
What are some other favorite moves about animals ?

All of your favorites are classic's that I think every child (and adult) should watch. Of course, you are right, Old Yeller, will bring tears to most people. I have quite a few favorites. I just watched Lassie come home (again) a couple of months ago on TMC. This is similar to Black Stallion because it has a happy ending! I absolutely loved the TV series about Flipper. I remember when I was young, we went to where this show was filmed. I thought it was so magical. I could go on and on with favorites. lol Still I would be remiss, if I did not mention Charlotte's Web. I think what resonates with me about all of these movies or TV shows is how the relationship between animals and people are portrayed. Animals are not treated as merely objects or pets, but there is a real significant connection.
04-18-2015, 05:10 PM,
Shihtzufan Offline

Threads: 11
My favorites when I was a kid would have definitely been Milo and Otis and Babe.

Milo and Otis was just a nice heartwarming tale - I loved that it was a cat and a dog, showing them as a team and as friends. It also made me obsessed with the idea of having a pug puppy when I was younger, although that never happened! Babe I also really liked as a triumphing over adversity animal movie. I really do think a lot of the best kids movies do contain animals to some extent.

Oh, and I just thought to myself can we count animated animals? If so then The Lion King wins out above everything else! One of the best movies of all time, in my opinion!
04-22-2015, 11:57 AM,
barkingsquirrel Offline

Threads: 0
My favorite animal movie has always been Milo & Otis, and I discovered this movie as an adult. Everytime one of my children puts it into the player, I can't help but stop what I'm doing and watch for awhile.
06-26-2015, 06:39 AM,
Nieris Offline
Registered

Threads: 1
I can't believe no one's mentioned Homeward Bound yet!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  what is your favorite fandom? AnimalObsessedGirl 1 1,846 07-07-2022, 06:27 PM
Last Post: Busbyx
  What animal show past or present is your favorite? Pocs 7 5,618 01-22-2014, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Roseary
  What is your favorite dessert? Ram 16 7,602 06-09-2013, 03:35 AM
Last Post: redchik987
  How much time do you spend on your computers? Ram 13 7,840 06-09-2013, 03:33 AM
Last Post: redchik987
  Favorite Movie Genre iluvmario 5 4,669 12-21-2012, 10:13 PM
Last Post: mathewbruce
  A few "non-pet" animal pics... Fishbone 10 4,176 05-30-2012, 02:57 AM
Last Post: Fishbone
Video Animal Abuse: Spread The Word + Become Vegetarian Orangematz 9 4,832 03-10-2012, 06:27 AM
Last Post: Thor