LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your favorite breed of dog?
05-26-2014, 12:09 PM,
Francy Offline

Threads: 8
What is your favorite breed of dog?
What is your favorite breed of dog and why? There are so many different breeds out there, and they all have different personalities!

My favorite breed of dog would have to be what I have! A yellow Labrador and a Cavalier Kind Charles Spaniel.

The Labrador's are known for their hunting, loyalty and wisdom. My Labrador is extremely eager to please and is very loyal. He is pretty much an amazing dog! Smile I am not biased at all!! Wink It didn't come without work though! I worked with him every day after work when he was a puppy. We trained and walked and ran......we worked together. He is the best dog I've ever had!

Then there is my Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. He was very easy to train because he took after my lab. He basically followed him around like a lost puppy. No literally, he was! My lab was one year old before we got our new little addition and he was only 8 weeks. My cavalier is the most affectionate, caring little one. He's very smart as well, and energetic. He's always ready to go, whenever you are! I got very lucky to have such great "boys!"

So tell me, what is your favorite breed....and why?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-28-2014, 12:09 AM,
Ofnir Offline

Threads: 7
RE: What is your favorite breed of dog?
My favorite dog breed would have to be Australian Shepard. We use to have a brown one when I was small, named him Jupiter. I think they are beautiful, sweet dogs with a wonderful disposition. I like golden retrievers a lot too.
06-25-2014, 02:54 AM,
titohunter Offline
Registered

Threads: 0
My favorite breed is the neo mastiff even tho everybody say they're ugly. To me they're kinda like a larger/family version of a Cane corso. Cane corsos are very good dogs too for guarding especially but you have to be very careful with the training of a Cane corso because they can take over you, your house, and your neighborhood and that could be very dangerous. You have to really know what you're doing with those dogs and i dont want that to backfire on any children. The neo mastiff i feel can guard/watch your family/household or i can take him in the wild with me or he can turn around and love on me or make me laugh. I dont think i'd ever own a dog that wasnt atleast a neo mastiff mix!
06-29-2014, 09:39 AM,
JudyCap Offline

Threads: 3
I am pretty much a dog lover of all kinds. However one of the smartest ones I had was a Norweigen Elk Hound. One of his "tricks" was if you were sitting at the table eating, and you looked at him, he would not be looking at you. NO begging from Him! But if you thru a morsel of food in the air he would catch it before it hit the floor.
07-10-2014, 10:37 AM,
HairyOrchid Offline
Registered

I really love Golden Retrievers. My friend used to have one, and he was honestly just the sweetest dog with a wonderful temperament. He was just completely adorable with very expressive eyes.

I wish I could get one myself but I live in a small apartment so I feel like it wouldn't really be fair. I was reading about Retrievers and how they need to be active and whatnot. Which would be hard for me to do since I have no backyard and do not live near a park or anything.

Oh well, I can dream that one day I might get my golden Smile
07-19-2014, 03:29 AM,
Treeca86 Offline

Threads: 2
Oh, gosh, where to begin!? I love Pugs, English Bulldogs, labs, Napoleon Mastiffs(I know, I'm weird), Chihuahuas, and terriers(I have a 25 lb rat terrier who thinks he's Cujo). I love them all for different reasons. Pugs and Bulldogs, their faces, Chihuahuas and terriers, their spunk. Labs, their friendlyness. Napoleon Mastiffs, their wrinkles and their smoky colour.
08-16-2014, 07:07 AM,
chevonmickle21 Offline
Registered

Threads: 1
I love dogs but I have absolutely fallen in love with the small mixed breeds. I love the Peek-a-poos, Puggles, English Terriers and the tea cup Maltese pups. I just wanna bundle them up and take them everywhere I go. Heart
08-17-2014, 08:46 AM,
Happyflowerlady Offline

Threads: 104
I think that over the years, I have had several breeds of dogs, and loved them all, each for their uniqueness.
Afghan Hounds are just so exotic looking and have those sad but beautiful faces. They also think nothing about jumping over your six foot fence and then going for a ten mile run afterwards. The kids and I spent many a frustrating afternoon trying to catch one that we had, and bring him back home ! He would run a little ways and then us think that he was ready to let us catch him finally. Just as we reached out a hand to take hold of his collar, off he would go again. I guess he thought we were great entertainment....
08-22-2014, 01:07 AM,
sbnufc Offline

Border collies and golden retrievers. I've only owned collies before and loved them all (well of course..!). So easy to train and very obedient. Plus with them being so active, it's a good way to force us humans to exercise along with them Big Grin

Like I said, I've never actually owned a golden retriever before, but I definitely think they'd be my 2nd choice if I were to look elsewhere.
08-31-2014, 02:48 PM,
helaofthenorns Offline

Threads: 13
I don't really have a favorite breed. We have a labrador retriever, a pitbull, a poodle, and mixed breeds. I always believed that the capacity of dogs to love their owners doesn't solely rely on their breeds. That goes the same for their intelligence or loyalty. I know though that some breeds are more energetic than others.

If I were to get one, however, I would choose a beagle. Beagles are really sweet and loyal dogs. My friend has one named Lucy, and she is one of the most sociable dogs I know.
04-09-2015, 04:21 PM,
TamannaKhare Offline

I love Golden retriever the most. It is the most decent and loveable family dog
04-15-2015, 05:36 PM,
Shihtzufan Offline

Threads: 11
My user name kind of gives it away, but my favorite dog breed is the shih tzu.
I always thought they were cute in a teddy-bear type way, and funnily enough my husbands childhood pets were two shih tzus! We like that they are playful but also are content sitting on the couch relaxing, and they also don't shed much if at all. My husband suffers from pretty bad allergies to certain dogs shedding so that's another positive reason why we decided on a shih tzu pup.

I have to admit though I have a soft spot for dogs in general. Big, small, energetic, sleepy...the list goes on!
04-16-2015, 04:20 PM,
peidi Offline

I love Shiba inu. Favorite is its rich expression !!!
I always want to laugh every time I saw it.
05-07-2015, 01:59 AM,
kfander Offline

Threads: 5
I will probably not be getting a dog, but if I were to get a dog, I'd like to have a Schipperke. Although they are a small breed, they have a wild look about them that I find attractive.

[Image: schipperke.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-07-2015, 09:20 AM,
yesterdaysmiles Offline

I was thrilled when I had the opportunity to buy an Old English Sheepdog, the only breed I've ever wanted to own. Icky was everything I imagined he would be. He was easily housebroken and was easily bathed and groomed. He was a fun companion, and because you seldom these dogs, he created quite a sensation at drive-thru windows or when I took him for a walk. Icky got along well with my house cats and my kids. I've never wanted any other kind of dog, and would love to have another one. I love other people's dogs, no matter what breed and if they are friendly. They're always welcome to come visit and play.
05-08-2015, 01:52 AM,
DancingLady Offline

Threads: 13
My favorite is definitely the Sheltie. I have not had a dog of my own, and probably will not get one, but my local "family" has had two Shelties and they are just the most wonderful dogs. The first one I met passed away last summer, she was a delightful little dog, loved people and didn't lick. That was one of the biggest things in my coming to like her. Drool just doesn't work out for me, too gross. After that dog died, they got a new puppy, also a Sheltie. She is adorable! She doesn't lick either, but she was definitely mouthy at first. She has learned pretty quickly that I am not the person who will play a lot with her. If she is too energetic I just back off and she's figured it out. Now she calms down and lets me pet her without getting all excited and trying to play.
06-25-2015, 10:57 PM,
Connie Offline

I only really like larger dogs, so the smallest I would go for would be a Border Collie. After that I would be looking at a Belgian Shepherd or Shiloh Shepherd, a Rottweiler or an Irish Wolf Hound. I used to live with a gorgeous Rottweiler who came from a rescue home. She was wonderfully obedient and once she had settled in, had a fantastic temperament. The Irish Wolf Hound I dog sit for is wonderful and has become the 'normal' size for us. We are so used to him and his size. He looks down on the dinning room table and could easily clear anything off the kitchen work surfaces if he wanted to, but never does because he is so obedient. Other dogs always seem so small now!
07-10-2015, 10:41 AM,
akarel03 Offline
Registered

My favorite breed of dog is, and I never thought i would actually say this, a rottweiler/ black lab mix.

When my now husband and I met, he had this huge dog that was more like a horse. Needless to say, he has really grown on me. I couldn't understand at first how someone would want a dog this big! Now, he is my buddy.

The reason that these dogs are now my favorite is because of how gentle they are. Most might disagree with that statement due to him being a Rottweiler, but that black lab really balances them out. We have a 1 year old son, and the dog will more or less avoid him because he doesn't want to hurt him with his size difference when they play. Those 2 cuddle as well, and its a sight that makes your heart melt.

Besides being so gentle, their intelligence is beyond belief. Our Black lab/ Rottweiler can open the front door, he can do MANY MANY tricks, and if you're not careful he will outsmart you! The only reason i would have to say that i dislike this dog breed is because of the shedding!! He is a 110lb black dog and I have to vacuum the house EVERY SINGLE DAY!! Other than that, he has my heart Smile

Allie
07-10-2015, 02:00 PM,
niightwind Offline

Threads: 4
I'm a bit biased towards chihuahuas because that's what my boy is, but if I were to choose a top favorite, I'd say Australian Shepherds! They are such beautiful dogs.

[Image: australian-shepherd_05_lg.jpg]
(not my picture, found on google images!)

I mean, just look at that beauty. They look so majestic. Unfortunately because I am so sick, I can't get outside enough to be able to give an Aussie the proper exercise and care he would need, so my dream of owning one is quite unlikely. Sad I've heard some can be calm and easy-going, but I wouldn't want to take away from a dog's health by owning one that I can't help give the proper care to. It makes me very sad though, because I would love to have one. I've heard they are very kind, loving dogs that are extremely devoted and loyal to their owners. That's exactly the temperament I've always wanted in a dog, and the Aussie is the perfect sized dog in my opinion too - not to big, not too small, just midway between and in the perfect range for snuggling with!

I love German Shepherds as well, but not as much as the Australian Sheps.
07-12-2015, 04:26 PM,
Gabby Offline
Registered

Well, I would have to say either Aussie Shepard or Pittbull is my favorite breed of dog! Though i do love them all. Heart Dogs certainly steal your heart. Blush
07-22-2015, 06:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-22-2015, 06:15 PM by dingding.)
dingding Offline
Registered

My favorite breed of dog is PUG,a dog of a dwarf breed like a bulldog with a broad flat nose and deeply wrinkled face.
yep, it is the dog named JB in the movie "Kingsman"
07-24-2015, 07:06 PM,
SodiumMethylate Offline
Registered

Smile  RE: What is your favorite breed of dog?
I love Golden Retriever. She was a wonderful family pet. Very loyal and affectionate, a good housedog and watchdog.I loved her dearly
11-08-2015, 12:03 AM,
Susan Offline

My favorite breed of dog is either a pug or a bull dog. I love those little faces. They are so cute. Pugs have so much energy but bull dogs on the other hand are a bit lazy. They are both awesome breeds even though they can have many breathing problems.
11-12-2015, 10:48 AM,
lexinonomous Offline

After watching the Harry Potter series, my mother and I fell in love with English Mastiffs. Not only are they beautiful dogs, but they are known as the gentle giants of the dog world. They generally have incredibly sweet personalities. The only thing that is troublesome about this is that they are huge scaredy-cats. If someone were to try and come into my yard, they'd only be putting a fight up against my Shepard because my Mastiffs will run away with their tale between their legs. They are big softies, but that's what appeals to me the most about them. I enjoy having huge teddy bears.
11-21-2015, 10:03 PM,
Elfprincess Offline

(11-12-2015, 10:48 AM)lexinonomous Wrote: After watching the Harry Potter series, my mother and I fell in love with English Mastiffs. Not only are they beautiful dogs, but they are known as the gentle giants of the dog world. They generally have incredibly sweet personalities. The only thing that is troublesome about this is that they are huge scaredy-cats. If someone were to try and come into my yard, they'd only be putting a fight up against my Shepard because my Mastiffs will run away with their tale between their legs. They are big softies, but that's what appeals to me the most about them. I enjoy having huge teddy bears.

Awww, to have their very own Fang seems like a dream come true! I've just read that in the book, Fang is a Great Dane, and not an Mastiff. I must give kudos for the filmmakers for choicing a dog from a breed that's well-known for being easily scared. After all, Hagrid was the one protecting Fang, and not the other way around! Big Grin

Personally, I'm a small dog person. I enjoy taking care of critters, because I feel like their mommy! Nothing gets me like tiny dog with big eyes and skinny legs.
Pugs are a favourite (adorable! I just want to hug them), along with miniature pinschers (I know that many people dislike them for constantly barking, but if you were such a tiny and vulnerable creature, you would bark all the time too!). Pekingese are amazing too, I love their silly faces! I guess my favourite breeds are the "ugly cute" ones Heart

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Post photos and videos of your dog(s) here! Thor 56 26,839 03-03-2024, 08:26 PM
Last Post: candyvect
  Grooming your dog, do you do it yourself or not ? Happyflowerlady 4 3,168 01-20-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: Annetti
  Dog breed choice? we love the coonhound and saluki CacciatJocund 4 2,695 05-31-2022, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Busbyx
  Where does your dog sleep? cecejailer 10 4,144 06-22-2021, 05:33 AM
Last Post: Thor
  Dog Festival Corzhens 6 3,318 11-03-2020, 12:34 AM
Last Post: DeirdreThomson7gF
  Best Chew Proof Dog Bed? afsanaurmi 2 2,187 09-21-2020, 10:20 PM
Last Post: NicholasWatson
  Would you risk your life for your dog? remnant 7 4,485 09-21-2020, 10:15 PM
Last Post: NicholasWatson
  Soft diet for a sick dog Corzhens 4 2,739 09-16-2020, 05:15 PM
Last Post: HarryDavidson701L3
  Sending the dog back? remnant 4 4,330 09-11-2020, 11:22 PM
Last Post: FaithMillsM2V
  Tell me about your favorite dog, past or present bw 12 6,122 09-11-2020, 11:17 PM
Last Post: FaithMillsM2V
  Guard dog Corzhens 7 5,579 01-13-2019, 10:12 PM
Last Post: pooch495
  My dog does not go out of the stall today walkmansky 1 1,804 06-26-2018, 05:47 AM
Last Post: Thor
  How long before seperate puppy from mother dog Ram 7 7,454 04-14-2018, 06:29 PM
Last Post: mayabili
  How I teach my dog patience joshposh 2 2,902 08-02-2016, 03:37 AM
Last Post: Happyflowerlady
  What liquids do you give to your dog your dog? remnant 1 2,495 07-27-2016, 05:40 AM
Last Post: Happyflowerlady