Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your source of news?
07-27-2012, 07:18 AM,
Ram Offline
VIP Member

Threads: 247
Since a long time ago, I no longer read any newspaper, nor watch TV news any more. The internet has become my source of news.

As for my source of online news, I mostly read Yahoo news. Although I don't believe everything I saw there. Smile I can smell propaganda from a mile away, but it is necessary to get an idea what might have happened out there.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2012, 01:36 AM,
pafjlh Offline

Threads: 1
RE: What is your source of news?
Well, I do still read the newspaper at times, we have a subscription in my home, although my brother's are the ones who read it more then I do. I also watch the evening news most nights. I also do find the Internet a good source for news as well, especially breaking news. However, like you I take some of what I hear with a grain of salt. Some stuff is propaganda to stir people up, and to creates stories out of really nothing. I find this is especially true in entertainment news. Seriously when it comes to news about celebrities I have to hear it from more then one source before I believe it, and even then I will still reserve judgment till I know the whole story first.
Find all posts by this user
11-17-2012, 08:20 AM,
Molly Offline

Threads: 4
The internet and sometimes, the radio. I don't own a TV nor do I want one. I just can't believe how gullible some people are when they believe everything they see and hear on TV. I like to check the facts and I want to know the truth, so, I will fact check the story and often, find that the newscast or documentary was indeed one sided. Don't care for the entertainment news and most of the news on TV is entertainment news.
It is so peaceful without a TV and I can actually think for myself, now that I don't have a TV blaring in my house.
12-06-2012, 11:40 PM,
Monica9975 Offline

Threads: 8
Well, the internet is one of my source for news, especially yahoo news. Most of time, i read news about health cause i pay more attention on personal habitat on diet and exercise and so on. Another source is the newpaper. In our university, everynight there is one free newspaper sent to every dorm. Almost everytime i scan those newpapers that i find some interesting news on it which is really a convenient and useful source for news. Last but not least, most of us may ignore the influence of our friends or families who more or less tell some news to you. For me, i benefit a lot from my boyfriend who often tell me interesting news and uesful news in all aspect. Fortunately, no need to switch on the computer and open the newspaper, i can get a myriad of news through listening to my boyfriend who is also a erudite guy. I really appreciate him.
12-26-2012, 02:14 PM,
SweetBeast Offline

Threads: 4
Well Faux News is too far Right, MSNBC recently made a conscious effort to swing more to the Left, & that leaves CNN & I find them as close to the middle than most. And I often fact check if I hear something that I think to be different. And again, when I have CNN is usually right, rather, correct!

I listen to a lot of NPR Radio, aka National Public Radio & they don't give you 20-30 second news story, but they may report a story that lasts 2 - 5 minutes, so they get the depth of the news.

I also subscribe to the Los Angeles Times, & although editorially, they lean left, the hard news stories are reported as they happen, political biases aside.

There's a great magazine here in the States called The Week & they cull stories from news sources from around the globe, so you get the news but with perhaps a different perspective.
01-28-2013, 07:24 AM,
AnnaU93 Offline

Threads: 7
My source of news is usually the television. Although I have a very busy schedule I tend to always read the newspaper on my phone when I am in a hurry or on the train on my way to work. The only time I get to watch television is when I go to sleep. I always try to skim through the channels to see what important events occurred that particular day. I have actually made it my new years resolution to buy a newspaper everyday (or as many days as I can remember to). I feel that this way it will be impossible for me to miss any small or large scale event from the day or even previous week. I hope that I stick to this resolution and that it will eventually become part of my lifestyle and daily routine as well!
09-06-2013, 02:58 AM,
deyvion Offline

I usually read the Swedish newspaper 'Aftonbladet', both in print and online. However, I have started to ignore news that comes from the media, because it has happened that the media has announced something, and then I have talked to someone it actually happened to, and the stories are so different.
09-06-2013, 12:49 PM,
shopgirl Offline

Threads: 11
The internet is my news source. Majority of the time, I find out things from Facebook. I've heard a lot of talk about how news will trend on Twitter but I have yet to jump on the Twitter band wagon. I follow numerous celebrities but I don't have anyone that follows me. If I hear interesting news that I want to find out more about, My go to search is Google!
01-17-2014, 04:32 PM,
retaer3 Offline
Registered

Of course the Internet , each country 's news, we see.
youtube,facebook,twitter are your best choose.
05-02-2014, 06:41 AM,
KittyReeves Offline

Threads: 20
Well, the internet of course, but Facebook to be specific. I follow several news stations on there, and as soon as something happens, it pops up on my news feed on minutes later! It's also interesting to see the reactions people have to certain bits of news stories and such.
09-06-2014, 09:24 AM,
Skyspirit Offline
Registered

Threads: 0
A lot of people enjoy the new media markets of CNN, Fox News, MSNBC and the like. Personally, I prefer the broadcasters on the local and National news networks. It seems these broadcasters still have more objectivity which is something that used to be required for news people. Now, broadcasters and channels tend to have an audience based on the liberal or conservative viewpoints which the station, reporters and broadcasters promote.
10-08-2014, 01:43 AM,
Danyel72 Offline

Threads: 2
We used to read the newspaper every day, but just don't have to time in the morning to sit and get through it. With getting the kids ready for school and off to the bus and getting ourselves ready. There just isn't the time. So I have an app on my phone, CNN, that I use to keep up to date with the news and activities happening around the world.

Time certainly does change... Sad

Danyel Smile
04-22-2015, 10:39 AM,
barkingsquirrel Offline

Threads: 0
I leave the television on for background/company while I'm working during the day. I leave CNN on until I've heard the full news cycle, then I change the channel to another news channel to make sure I've heard it all (I'm one of those "have to know everything kind of people). After that, I turn it off completely, so I can focus on what I'm supposed to be doing Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The beginning of a zombie apocalypse? (News) Ram 9 3,614 07-01-2013, 11:37 PM
Last Post: BWP