LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What pets are the easiest and the hardest to take care of?
03-11-2012, 05:54 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-12-2012, 01:53 AM by Thor.)
Ram Offline
VIP Member

Threads: 247
In your opinion,
1. What pet is the easiest to take care of?
2. What pet is the hardest to take care of?
3. What pet is the cheapest to take care of?
4. What pet is the most expensive to take care of?
5. What pet do you have so spend the most time on/with in order to take care of it?
6. What pet can you spend least time on to take care of it?
7. What pet is the laziest?
8. What pet is the most energetic?
9. What pet is the #1 attention whore?
10. What pet is #1 anti-social?

You only need to state one pet for each question. Wink
Please explain each of your choices.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2012, 11:22 PM,
bw Offline

Threads: 10
RE: What pets are the easiest and the hardest to take care of?
I can only answer this by using dog and cat answers as they are the only pets I have had for many, many years.

In your opinion,
What pet is the easiest to take care of? Cats
What pet is the hardest to take care of? Dogs
What pet is the cheapest to take care of? Cats
What pet is the most expensive to take care of? Dogs
What pet do you have so spend the most time on/with in order to take care of it? Dog
What pet can you spend least time on to take care of it? Cat
What pet is the laziest? Dog
What pet is the most energetic? Cat
What pet is the #1 attention whore? Dog
What pet is #1 anti-social? Cat

If I were to GUESS at other pets
1-fish
2-dogs
3-birds
4-dogs
5-dogs
6-fish
7-snake
8-hamster
9-Dog
10-snake
Find all posts by this user
03-12-2012, 06:02 AM,
OriJas Offline

Threads: 3
It's a good thing these are personal opinions...if this was a quiz, I'd probably flunk it. Lol.

1. What pet is the easiest to take care of? Birds. I had a couple growing up and they're quite easier than other I've had. Clean cage, wings clipped (optional of course, but I had trained budgies) feed, water, and cuttle fish.

2. What pet is the hardest to take care of? Dog, definitely. A lot more responsibilities with them. Oh, and horses. I cared for one when I was younger because the owner couldn't be bothered when she wasn't racing. There's a lot more to it then just leaving them in a paddock and feeding them a few carrots. *shakes head in disgust* I still miss her though...the property was sold for building and she was shot. Sad

3. What pet is the cheapest to take care of? In my experience...mice. Mainly because at the time I could get a lot of the stuff for free through school. Wood shavings from the Tech Studies department, etc.

4. What pet is the most expensive to take care of? Dogs. I've seen the vet more times in 4 years than I've seen doctors for myself or others my entire life. And those who know my past enough to know how many times I've done THAT, would know what I mean. Lol.

5. What pet do you have so spend the most time on/with in order to take care of it? Dogs. They're very sociable and have a hunger to learn and be taught. They also seem to get into the most trouble with means more vet visits! Cats, well...they already think they know everything.

6. What pet can you spend least time on to take care of it? Hmm, I'd say Hermit Crabs. I've never had them myself, but I've known other who have. Oh, and Sea Monkeys! I had those too. Lol.

7. What pet is the laziest? Cats in my experience. Or maybe I just get the ones who would gladly just lay around and do nothing, and unlike my dogs, they don't follow me to the bathroom, shower, mail box, laundry, kitchen, car, the rest of the house, or moon.

8. What pet is the most energetic? Dogs. Once again, I've had lazy cats. Lol.

9. What pet is the #1 attention whore? Hmm, I say it's a tie between dogs and cats. To quote Robin Williams on cats "who loves kitty? Do you love kitty? Are these you're shoes? Who loves kitty?" Dogs because of their sociable nature and eager to please, cats just because they have a God complex.

10. What pet is #1 anti-social? Personal experience? Cat. Opinion? Probably an insect, arachnid, or any other creepy crawly as I don't really think they get the concept at all, and I've actually known some pretty friendly and sociable reptiles. Huntsman, Tarantulas, or say...worms, yeah...not the life of the party at ALL.
03-12-2012, 04:16 PM,
Thor Offline
Administrator

Threads: 111

1. I honestly thought it was a cat.
Cats don't die in masses from owners' "mistakes".

2. Fish.
They die in millions every year. Most of them die in 3 weeks after sold because of owners' mistakes.

3. Insects.

4. A horse.

5. Fish.
I need to do 30~50% water change weekly on each of my four tanks.
I have to do the gardening thing in my planted aquariums, because the aquatic plants can easily overgrow and they are very fragile.

6. Once again, I thought it would be a cat. You just feed them, and they sleep all day.

7. Cat.
I've seen too many cats rarely moving from their spots.

8. Fish.
They never stop moving.

9. Dog.

10. Probably a snake.
07-26-2012, 02:35 AM,
mora2000 Offline

Threads: 9
1. What pet is the easiest to take care of? Snails. Almost no maintence
required.
2. What pet is the hardest to take care of? A horse. They eat lots a hay and grain. Stalls need to be cleaned daily and hooves must be trimmed and checked.
3. What pet is the cheapest to take care of? Snails. At PetSmart snails are free. The most snails will cost is the cost of algae wafers if you need algae in the tank.
4. What pet is the most expensive to take care of? Horse. Hay, grain, board, and vet + farrier. Very expensive.
5. What pet do you have so spend the most time on/with in order to take care of it? Dogs. They require so much activity and care.
6. What pet can you spend least time on to take care of it? Snails. Very low maintenance.
7. What pet is the laziest? Cats by far. Some cats won't move for hours.
8. What pet is the most energetic? I actually have to say rabbits. Some won't stop moving.
9. What pet is the #1 attention whore? Dogs.
10. What pet is #1 anti-social? Probably wild-caught animals. They tend to be a little more fearful of us.
Crazy horse person with other animals!

07-26-2012, 04:00 AM,
s120450 Offline

Threads: 0
1. What pet is the easiest to take care of? The hermit crab. I had one when I was a kid. You feed it, and clean the cage and give it a few shells.
2. What pet is the hardest to take care of? Any large aquarium fish or animal. People think there is much less maintenance needed with these creatures than there actually is.
3. What pet is the cheapest to take care of? A goldfish. That was another childhood pet.
4. What pet is the most expensive to take care of? A horse (especially if you do shows) takes a lot of money.
5. What pet do you have so spend the most time on/with in order to take care of it? Dogs. Dogs are like babies even when they aren't puppies. The love attention, and I love to give it, so they are definitely the ones I care for most often.
6. What pet can you spend least time on to take care of it? A rock.
7. What pet is the laziest? My cat. Not a cat. My cat.
8. What pet is the most energetic? A puppy definitely has a lot of energy and personality.
9. What pet is the #1 attention whore? Cats really enjoy attention, but for some reason its only when you're busy doing something else.
10. What pet is #1 anti-social? Beta Fish. (yet again another childhood pet that refused to play.)
08-06-2012, 01:37 PM,
Pocs Offline

Threads: 24
What pet is the easiest to take care of? A simple gold fish in a bowl, a little food everyday and a easy wash of the bowl.

Cat What pet is the hardest to take care of? Drawf Goats. Although they a lovely animals they require daily grooming.

What pet is the cheapest to take care of? Again, A gold fish, cost is less than a dollar to purchase. Food is 8.00 and last for a month or more.

What pet is the most expensive to take care of? Degus. Although food and grooming supplies don't cost much, you have to constantly replace chewing items.

What pet do you have so spend the most time on/with in order to take care of it? My boys, we spend almost everyday together playing, walking or taking a car ride.

What pet can you spend least time on to take care of it? Guinea pigs. Although they like to be held, they like their only time more. Clean cage once a week and keep the food and water bowl filled.

What pet is the laziest? My dog Gizzy, being the alpha dog, he figures why bother.

What pet is the most energetic? Drawf Goats. They are always on the move! Think they are touched with ADHD.
What pet is the #1 attention whore? Gizzy, again alpha dog
What pet is #1 anti-social? The gold fish, he's a loner.
02-20-2015, 02:08 AM,
troll Offline
Registered

1. Tardigrades. All you have to do is keep them in a semi moist climate and feed them every couple years.

2.Dogs require a lot of attention and money.

3. Again tardigrades. All you need to do is take some moss, and wash it under a tap and then shake it into a petri dish and as seen in 1, just make sure to feed it very occasionally.

4. Dog.. Having owned a dog for 14 years now, I have calculated with food costs, trips to the vet etc., she has cost me over 20,000 dollars (she had surgery a few times)

5. Puppies require a lot of attention and always are getting sick or hurting themselves

6.Again a tardigrade. They require so little attention you could go away on vacation and not think about them for 5 years and they'd be fine.

7. Dog. My dog sleeps for about 22 hours a day.

8. A puppy because they always are running circles around you and jumping and generally causing a mayhem. They never seem to get tired.

9..Probably a dog when they are younger. They constantly want attention and are always look for mores ways to do so.

10. Probably a cat. They run away for days, even weeks at a time without anyone seeing them and hide and run away from anyone who tries to pet them or even give them food.

Tardigrades are micro-animals for your information, and are common pets that are extremely resilient to everything (they can survive in space)
02-25-2015, 05:36 PM,
mariann Offline

It is easy to have pet a like dog and cat because taking care of them is very easy but the pets like monkey, horse is very hard to have as their maintenance is very hard.
04-22-2015, 12:02 PM,
barkingsquirrel Offline

In my opinion, my hermit crab is the easiest and least expensive pet to take care of. It's actually not mine ... it belongs to one of my kids, but I guess the person who feeds it owns it. Smile His name is Steve, and he's actually kinda cute. He likes popcorn the best!
06-06-2015, 01:21 AM,
SarahWorksAtHome Offline

Threads: 8
I'll answer these out of the three types I have right now.

1. What pet is the easiest to take care of? Bearded Dragon. He doesn't make much mess.
2. What pet is the hardest to take care of? Large dog. She makes a ton of mess.
3. What pet is the cheapest to take care of? Cat. She's indoor/outdoor so no litter box and prefers a less expensive brand of cat food.
4. What pet is the most expensive to take care of? Large dog. Not only does she eat a lot, she tears up things OFTEN.
5. What pet do you have so spend the most time on/with in order to take care of it? Both dogs.
6. What pet can you spend least time on to take care of it? Cat. She don't care. LOL
7. What pet is the laziest? Small dog.
8. What pet is the most energetic? Large dog.
9. What pet is the #1 attention whore? BOTH dogs.
10. What pet is #1 anti-social? Cat and beardie tie on this one!
06-06-2015, 01:59 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-06-2015, 02:01 PM by kfander.)
kfander Offline

Threads: 5
Also using dog-cat answers:

1. What pet is the easiest to take care of? Cat
2. What pet is the hardest to take care of? Dog
3. What pet is the cheapest to take care of? Cat
4. What pet is the most expensive to take care of? Dog
5. What pet do you have so spend the most time on/with in order to take care of it? See Below
6. What pet can you spend least time on to take care of it? See Below
7. What pet is the laziest? Dog. Cats sleep a lot but are terribly energetic when they are awake, and they can go from zero to a hundred in an instant.
8. What pet is the most energetic? Cat
9. What pet is the #1 attention whore? Dog
10. What pet is #1 anti-social? Cat

5. Although you could get away with spending less time with a cat than with a dog, since cats will tolerate human indifference more than dogs will, in order to have a healthy and happy cat, I think you have to be there for it, particularly if you have only one cat. Plus, except for puppies, a dog will be content with lying at your feet while a cat wants to play. As long as they are healthy, cats continue to be playful. In fact, I had a twenty-three year-old cat with cancer who, even in the last day of her life, wanted to play.

6. For the sake of simply keeping the animal alive and healthy, that would be a cat, if only for the fact that a cat is easily litter-box trained, while a dog will need to go out doors. Plus, a cat can get enough exercise to remain healthy by running around indoors, while dogs need to be taken for walks.
06-09-2015, 12:20 AM,
seethislife Offline
Registered

1. What pet is the easiest to take care of? Cats
2. What pet is the hardest to take care of? Dogs
3. What pet is the cheapest to take care of? Fish (Minus the tank)
4. What pet is the most expensive to take care of? Dogs
5. What pet do you have so spend the most time on/with in order to take care of it? Dogs
6. What pet can you spend least time on to take care of it? Cats
7. What pet is the laziest? Cats
8. What pet is the most energetic? Dogs
9. What pet is the #1 attention whore? Dogs
10. What pet is #1 anti-social? Cats

servicing stop
09-17-2015, 07:46 AM,
SnoopFroggyFrog Offline
Registered

Easiest: Betta (fish), feed pellets every day and clean cage (needs very little space) weekly unless it has a filter. Goldfish are easy, too.

Hardest: Horse/other large "livestock", requires money and daily attention.

Cheapest: Mice/hamsters/rats/gerbils, cheap food, bedding, and often cheap cage.

Most expensive: Exotic pets (special needs + initial cost), and high maintenance pets such as race horses and show animals.

Requires most time: Monkeys, large birds, baby animals, and saltwater/complicated tropical fish tanks.

Requires least time: Goldfish/Bettas/Similar freshwater fish, insects, most cats (especially outdoor).

Laziest: Certain dog breeds, tortoises, overweight cats, tarantulas, scorpions, frogs, farm pigs, any overfeed or under exercised animals besides fish and bugs.

Most energetic: Certain dogs (terriers, retrievers), small birds, rodents, turtles (when they swim), exotic animals, non-tame or skittish pets (bad), monkeys, insects and spiders, depends on personality and owner sometimes.

Needs most attention: Dogs, Birds, Monkeys, social animals kept alone (bad as well), equine (horses and such), goats, basically any animal bonded with their owner or lonely.

Most anti-social: Cats aren't anti-social they're independent and if bonded with their owners need attention from them and give attention to them. Reptiles, Insects, arachnids (spiders, scorpions, tarantulas), small fish (Koi can be handfed and swim up to you, otherwise most fish will ignore you as a survival instinct from the wild), some amphibians, basically animals that fear you or are solitary in the wild and captivity.
09-17-2015, 06:01 PM,
peidi Offline

Threads: 2
1. What pet is the easiest to take care of? Hamster
2. What pet is the hardest to take care of? Dog
3. What pet is the cheapest to take care of? Hamster
4. What pet is the most expensive to take care of? Dog
5. What pet do you have so spend the most time on/with in order to take care of it? Cat
6. What pet can you spend least time on to take care of it? Hamster
7. What pet is the laziest? Cat
8. What pet is the most energetic? Dog
9. What pet is the #1 attention whore? Dog
10. What pet is #1 anti-social? Cat

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to take good care of heeler pets Howard simth 8 3,716 06-25-2022, 05:45 AM
Last Post: feezi
  Do you care about your pet more than you love other humans? Shihtzufan 14 5,624 10-14-2021, 08:01 AM
Last Post: Albana
  Pets as stress relievers Corzhens 8 3,299 11-28-2020, 07:24 AM
Last Post: EmmaWilliam
  Pets grooming & nutrition advice for teacup puppies, white German shepherd & more harrysimon 0 679 11-18-2020, 07:49 PM
Last Post: harrysimon
  Camping and hiking with your pets? gi_joy 2 2,646 09-12-2020, 10:53 PM
Last Post: AdrianLewis
  7 Ways Pets Can Help With Mental Health Issues Hales 0 1,048 03-07-2020, 04:03 AM
Last Post: Hales
  What do veterinarians do with the dead pets? Ram 19 35,776 01-14-2018, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Gemma23426
  Cases of dangerous pets remnant 6 3,661 03-08-2017, 10:14 PM
Last Post: Rayonel25
  The challenges of keeping turtles as pets remnant 2 2,409 08-02-2016, 03:27 AM
Last Post: Novelangel
  Vicioius pets Corzhens 3 2,546 07-08-2016, 03:31 AM
Last Post: Novelangel
  Do pets know they are your favorite? Corzhens 3 2,617 07-01-2016, 01:28 PM
Last Post: CatCuddler57
  Rivalry in pets remnant 4 2,831 06-29-2016, 08:31 AM
Last Post: Corzhens
  Crippled pets remnant 2 2,574 06-29-2016, 08:18 AM
Last Post: Corzhens
  Pets undergo torture remnant 2 2,342 06-21-2016, 04:14 AM
Last Post: CatCuddler57
  What do you do with extra pets? remnant 1 2,027 06-19-2016, 06:49 AM