LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your cat favorite sleeping place?
06-05-2013, 07:19 AM,
maelstrom Offline

Threads: 5
What's your cat favorite sleeping place?
My cat loves my parents chairs. She'll spend hours on end just sleeping in them. Sometimes she'll move elsewhere, like on the chair in our living room or my parents bed when my mom's home, but beyond that I don't know if I've ever seen her sleep anywhere else. In our old home our stairs had giant windows that would allow you to see them from the outside, and they sort of spiraled around (a diagram is XXXXX| |
XXXXX| |
with X's being stairs and the lines being a large flat area. Well, she always slept in that area. I think it had something to do with how much sun there was there, but I only saw her sleep there and on my keyboard. That was it.

So where's your cats favorite napping place? Your bed? Chair? Outside? Stairs?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2013, 12:21 PM,
Babble64 Offline

Threads: 3
RE: What's your cat favorite sleeping place?
Neither of mine seem to have one particular place they prefer. One sleeps mostly in soft chairs (she has about three she rotates through) or at on the bottom (carpeted) step, oh, and on top of papers on my hubby's desk. She used to sleep on my bed or on the cedar chest at the foot of it, but since her "adversary" has come to live here THAT ONE has taken over the bedroom, for the most part. She spends quite a bit of her day wandering, or sitting watching me. She's definitely a "cat napper"

The new girl likes to sleep on or cuddled up to a person whenever possible. When not available, she'll sleep on a blanket with my scent on it, on the bed, on a cushioned kitchen chair, in the window where it's sunny. And this girl knows how to SLEEP! She goes out for hours. There are times she actually looks dead (sometimes with eyes partially opened) and if you touch her she jumps.
06-05-2013, 02:24 PM,
Jpix Offline

My cat typically likes to roam around from place to place, when it comes to particular spots like chairs or whatnot, he doesn't really
have a favorite. However, he sorta does, it just depends on where I sit. See, I'm on the laptop a lot and for months he would try to climb right up into my lap and I would hold my hand up to stop him and move him out of the way. After a while I guess he learned because he started to just come up beside me, lay his two front paws on my thigh and lay there, either looking at me or watching the tv or computer. It's actually really cute. We spend a lot of time alone with each other so we're a bit joined at the hip, so to speak.
06-06-2013, 01:13 AM,
ReneLeBeau Offline

Threads: 1
I have always envied cats on their ability to sleep on the strangest places, in the strangest positions... My cats like to sleep pretty much anywhere where it's warm. During the day, they sleep in the sunny spot in front of the window. My older cat sometimes waits until I leave my seat and then occupies it. She also likes to sleep on the armrest of my couch (bed), which is also under a window, so I guess it's a combo Smile They both like to sleep on my lazy bag too. Nell likes to lie in the dirty laundry basket, but I've never seen her sleep there. Sometimes one of them crawls into the pet carrier to sleep.
06-06-2013, 06:54 AM,
maelstrom Offline

(06-05-2013, 02:24 PM)Jpix Wrote: My cat typically likes to roam around from place to place, when it comes to particular spots like chairs or whatnot, he doesn't really
have a favorite. However, he sorta does, it just depends on where I sit. See, I'm on the laptop a lot and for months he would try to climb right up into my lap and I would hold my hand up to stop him and move him out of the way. After a while I guess he learned because he started to just come up beside me, lay his two front paws on my thigh and lay there, either looking at me or watching the tv or computer. It's actually really cute. We spend a lot of time alone with each other so we're a bit joined at the hip, so to speak.

Holy crap, your cat sounds adorable as hell. What breed and how old is he? If at all possible I'd also enjoy seeing some pictures (without any personal information, obviously), because seeing cats do that always brings a smile to my face. My cat'll sometimes do that with my parents, though not often anymore. She used to do it a lot with me, but my room is no longer the warmest and coziest in the house.
06-30-2013, 01:12 AM,
Rube Offline

Threads: 10
In winter my cat will sleep on the window ledge over a radiator (if the heating is on). In summer he will sleep in the sunniest spot - again usually on the window ledge behind the curtain. If I am in the room and sitting down, however, he will prefer to be on my lap or next to me. I think he likes my body heat, or maybe he just loves me!
07-03-2013, 08:28 AM,
crackerjack9 Offline

My cat likes to sleep on the window sills in the open windows...he will lay there all day, watch the kids in the neighborhood play and watch the birds fly by, and he sleeps there all night. He also likes to sleep on top of papers or plastic bags. If he hears me open up a newspaper, he will come running and wait for me to lay out a page for him to lay on.
07-31-2013, 03:55 AM,
bstahr Offline

Threads: 0
My cat loves people, so wherever there is a human sitting or lying down, she's right there with him or her. Her absolute favorite place to sleep, though, is on this fuzzy blue blanket on my bed. If I take the blanket into the living room, she runs after me and hops right on it. She also loves sleeping under the bed or on the windowsill when no one is home. Sometimes I'll even catch her sleeping in a desk drawer! I'm not quite sure how she manages that, but she seems to like it!
08-25-2013, 11:08 PM,
ohiotom76 Offline

My one cat likes to sleep in the window. I think she might light the sunlight and the warmness from it. She will spend all day in the window watching all the birds and squirrels run by, then she will eventually just nod off. We also put a bench near our screen door, because she likes to take naps there too.

Our other cat is almost the exact opposite, and will go to a dark area of the house to sleep. She often sleeps on our dressers for some reason. You would think she would be more comfortable on a bed, but for some reason she likes the dressers.
12-09-2013, 06:07 PM,
Excellence Offline
Registered

Like most cats, I find that mine is drawn to the warm sun or under a heavy blanket, despite the temperatures and seasonality. She is very predictable and is either wrapped up under her blanket on my bed or in her favorite location sitting in the sun benefiting from rays of sunshine sneaking through one of the window blinds on the stairs. Her sleeping patterns are quite consistent, which I find fascinating. At night, once she is done roaming around and playing, she usually turns in around 9pm. Her internal clock is very accurate and reliable and she just 'turns in' like someone on a rigid schedule. Sleeping, like most cats, is her pastime and she is known to occupy the same spot on my bed for the majority of the day. Even when I am on vacation or away from home, my kitty will make herself comfortable on my bed and often times, sleep in a warm spot vacated by me.
12-23-2013, 05:47 AM,
tierapatt50 Offline

I have had two cats so far (but not at the same time) and both of my cats loved to sleep on top of the couch (where you rest your head at) but my second cat loved to not only sleep there but someplace else too. I can be messy and used to leave things everywhere and leave my dresser drawers open and whatnot so she would get into the drawer and fall asleep.
12-27-2013, 12:36 PM,
cmckinney01 Offline
Registered

My cats like to sleep in different places around the house. One cat likes to sleep in an old rocking chair. I put an old pillow and an old bathrobe of mine on the rocking chair.
My other cat likes to sleep with us. He's usually on the bottom of the bed, keeping our feet warm.
02-20-2014, 06:44 PM,
meowzoemeow Offline
Registered

my childhood cat always sleep under the covers with me or with his body wrapped around my head/face/neck. every night he would come to bed with me and sleep with me through the entire night (at least he was there when i went to bed, woke up in the middle of the night, and in the mornings). he's done that since i was 6 when we got him. now im 21 and when I come home to visit he does the exact same thing. my parents have pictures of him covering my entire face while im sleeping from when i was little until high school. i love that cat more than anything. does anyone else have a cat that does this?
02-21-2014, 12:34 PM,
emilyrose93 Offline

My cat Snookie is pretty funny. She just likes to sleep ON things. She will sleep right on top of a cushion, or on my mums handbag. There's also a crotchet blanket on my mums bed that she always sleeps on - never the regular blankets, always the crotchet one. If you pick her up from somewhere else she will make a fuss, but if you put her down there she'll immediately settle. She's also gotten into the habit lately of sleeping on her back under the coffee table with her legs sticking out from underneath it! I have a little weirdo <3
03-07-2014, 05:43 PM,
wander_n_wonder Offline

What I like a lot about my cats is that they are very low maintenance pets. I usually keep them in their cage, especially when I'm at work and no one is home to watch over them. When I get home, I treat them by allowing them to play at my living room. They will just run around there and explore the different things that I have in my living room. What's amazing is this: when they start to feel sleepy and tired, they will automatically just go back to their cage without me having to lure them into it. You would suddenly just see them running away from the living room and onto the cage. After that, they would cuddle each other on two throw pillows that I put and they will just go to sleep. They are really very easy to take care of. That's their one and only favorite sleeping place: inside the cage and on top of those two throw pillows.
03-25-2014, 04:14 PM,
cookiemonster16 Offline
Registered

My cat can't live without her tower she really loves it. As soon as she is done eating she stands next to her tower looking up at the highest level ready to jump and take her little nap. The other area she likes to sleep depends on the temperature when the house starts to get a little chilly because of how cold it is outside my cat actually manages to get under the blanket to get warm.

One time after washing dishes I went back to my bedroom and couldn't find her until a saw a little lump on the bed and knew she was under the blanket. Even when we turn on the heater she still stays under there I guess she just finds it real cozy.
03-28-2014, 05:21 AM,
Padwolf Offline

Sadly one of my cat's favourite sleeping places is my pillow. Often we would have to have a small battle of wills to see who would get the pillow for the night. Now whenever I go to visit my parents I use the spare pillow since I know I will no longer win the battle of wills. My other cats like to sleep on a bed, it doesn't matter who's bed it is, and they like to sleep cuddled up together. It's so cute to see!
04-01-2014, 12:18 AM,
brianapaige619 Offline

My cats are so different when it comes to their sleeping habits. Molly, who is a rescued stray, will sleep anywhere that is high off of the ground. She absolutely loves the headboard of my bed, and, to my dismay, the dining room table. Binx, however, will sleep wherever he gets tired. I find him in the funniest and weirdest places. He has a tendency to nap in the bathtub. It's definitely the cutest thing when I find them napping together, though.
04-03-2014, 01:42 PM,
Ofnir Offline

Threads: 7
Oscar has some very peculiar places where he likes to crash. The weirdest I have noted so far is behind the HDTV in my room. Its not on a table but is the kind that sits on the floor, its very sturdy and there aren't a jumble of wires and there's a good deal of space because my room is a dump and I have the tv tilted at this weird angle. I guess he likes the heat that comes from the back of the TV.
05-03-2014, 02:05 AM,
KittyReeves Offline

Threads: 20
My one cat, Max, absolutely loves sleeping on my bed. In fact, he's sleeping on my bed behind right now! He also loves sleeping on one of the laundry basket shelves in our laundry room. The other cat, Hufflepuff, loves sleeping in the big armchair in our living room. She smuses herself into one of the arms, or sometimes sleeps half draped over an arm. Both of the cats usually love sleeping on the couch, but we've been tilting the cushions up so they can't anymore. There's also a spot in our back porch, where there's a large patch of sun for several hours in the morning, and they both love sleeping there.

Why did used to have a cat that liked to sleep behind the computer monitor in the office, and another cat that would hide under and behind the desk in the same room. We also had a cat that would sleep behind the fridge, and another cat who liked to sleep on top of the fridge. I think the weirdest one was the cat who liked to sit in the cat pan. We broke him of the habit eventually, but it was very strange.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Post photos and videos of your cat(s) here! Thor 47 28,076 05-31-2022, 07:39 AM
Last Post: Busbyx
  What breed of cat is good around children maxen57 9 5,337 05-19-2022, 06:00 PM
Last Post: KaithJ
  Does your cat shed hair excessively? footballtim 11 8,671 06-14-2021, 02:05 PM
Last Post: hwillson
  Does your cat talk to you? Does it respond to its name? NicholasWatson 2 1,262 02-19-2021, 09:24 PM
Last Post: AdrianLewis
  What interesting things has your cat destroyed kfander 19 11,602 02-19-2021, 08:45 PM
Last Post: HemmyngsKylee
  Interesting Cat Scratching posts Shihtzufan 3 2,929 02-19-2021, 08:41 PM
  Does your cat respond when you call their name? BobCat 31 22,891 02-19-2021, 05:36 PM
  Does your cat sleep in bed with you? niightwind 15 10,402 02-19-2021, 05:24 PM
  Brushing a Cat kfander 8 5,292 02-19-2021, 05:23 PM
  How Many Times a Day Do You Feed Your Cat and What Brand? Bloomsie 11 7,338 11-27-2020, 08:35 AM
Last Post: EmmaWilliam
Question Water Fountain vs. Water Dish for cat? mariposa 24 31,400 09-16-2020, 12:32 AM
Last Post: HarryDavidson701L3
  DIY Cat Litter ACSAPA 4 6,819 10-05-2016, 11:41 PM
Last Post: Loro
  Cat Longevity kfander 2 4,522 08-27-2016, 01:53 AM
Last Post: rz3300
  My cat is overweight krystianna 9 6,540 08-26-2016, 11:28 PM
Last Post: Tom1
  Cat cafe - are you for or against? Elfprincess 11 8,577 08-26-2016, 03:05 AM
Last Post: remnant