Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Women Love Men Who Love Cats
05-08-2012, 10:19 PM,
Ram Offline
VIP Member

Threads: 247
Why Women Love Men Who Love Cats
According to Dr. Patty Khuly, plenty of women agree that there's something wonderful about a guy who adores cats.

1. He's an Independent Thinker

2. He's a Serious Pet Lover

3. He's Willing to Commit

4. He's Obviously Special

5. He's Mature

6. He's Comfortable With His Masculinity

Not my words. That's what she said. Big Grin
What do you think? Should I grab a cat now? Tongue
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2012, 11:40 PM,
Monica9975 Offline

Threads: 8
RE: Why Women Love Men Who Love Cats
I agree with that a guy who adores cats is a Serious Pet Lover.But whether he is Special and Mature,i'm not sure.Not every guy who adores cats have characteristics aboved.So for me,when i choose my lover,i will pay attention to his characters first.A man who love children is the best in my eyes lol.
Find all posts by this user
05-09-2012, 04:15 PM,
Karenskatz Offline

Threads: 10
I agree with most of that list. A guy having a dog would SEEM to sugest "I'm the alpha wolf!" or "I need something that looks up to me and takes orders." A guy who likes cats suggests someone who is confident enough in his masculinity that he can show a softer side. In know, I know!! This is a generality and stereotype.
05-09-2012, 04:43 PM,
Ram Offline
VIP Member

Threads: 247
So Karen approves the stereotype. Just more reason for single men to get a cat. Big Grin Just kidding!
05-09-2012, 10:46 PM,
Fishbone Offline

Threads: 28
It is a general sterotype. But, from experience, it always worked for me! Big Grin
05-09-2012, 10:50 PM,
Thor Offline
Administrator

Threads: 111
(05-09-2012, 10:46 PM)Fishbone Wrote: It is a general stereotype. But, from experience, it always worked for me! Big Grin

I thought you were using your snakes and lizards to do that job. Wink

Does your wife like your cats more over the hand modeling snakes?
05-09-2012, 11:56 PM,
Monica9975 Offline

Threads: 8
Wow,guys who have cats are happy now lol.Other guys,please don't eager to get a cat for attracting girls lol.Kidding!Love what you love,it's also ok to keep other pets.
06-16-2013, 12:48 AM,
ReneLeBeau Offline

Threads: 1
Honestly, I always seem to think that people who are cat guardians are more interesting that people who have other kinds of pets or no pets at all. This is definitively not a trait I would attribute strictly to men, but since I am a straight female I guess I can fall into that category. Big Grin The way cat people are portrayed in media is just more interesting than other people. They are often intelligent, creative and generally interesting. And, strangely enough, a lot of people I meet that have that characteristics are cat lovers. I guess that cat men might be more popular than cat women because of the whole "cat lady" stereotype, it's a common joke in less quality media to let the audience know that the woman is single and lonely by getting her to talk about her cats like they're her children (implying that the only reason she has them is the lack of family). I haven't heard a similar joke directed at men. But that's really a different thread, sorry for rambling. ^_^'
The usual stereotype for men who have dogs is either friendly or tough, and pets like snakes, lizards and spiders are just tough. Guys that have cats might be more sensitive and intelligent, that might be the main reason for the popularity.
06-18-2013, 10:35 PM,
Babble64 Offline

Threads: 3
I agree that this is a stereotype and very much a generalization. I have to believe the author of that list is a cat-lover herself and is looking for ways to say she'd like a guy in her life who'd also like her cats. I don't see anything on the list that couldn't be said for a man who had pets of other kinds (or even no pets at all, really). How about a guy who's willing to have a snake, when they are often looked at in a negative way by many people...but he likes snakes well enough to have one for his pet? That shows independent thinking. Seriousness, maturity, commitment...they can all be shown in how any person follows through on how they care for their chosen pet, and how they treat other human beings as well.
07-11-2013, 05:11 AM,
Amalia Offline

Threads: 2
(05-08-2012, 10:19 PM)Ram Wrote: According to Dr. Patty Khuly, plenty of women agree that there's something wonderful about a guy who adores cats.

1. He's an Independent Thinker

2. He's a Serious Pet Lover

3. He's Willing to Commit

4. He's Obviously Special

5. He's Mature

6. He's Comfortable With His Masculinity

Not my words. That's what she said. Big Grin
What do you think? Should I grab a cat now? Tongue

Please don't grab' it Smile) It's not that I like men who love cats, but I don't like men who don't like cats Smile I own many cats so somebody who can't be around them, can't be around me. The fact that he loves cats doesn't prove anything to me except for what is it: he likes cats. Maybe he hates dogs. Cats don't usually commit, they would go where things are better for them, so maybe the man is the same. As for the other points... I don't even wanna talk about them.
05-31-2016, 11:31 AM,
CatCuddler57 Offline

Threads: 5
I judge men not only by their pets. Men with big dogs are usually extremely active and social. Guys with small dogs have girlfriends or wives. Men with reptiles can be cold and aloof. Guys with fish are very hands off. And men with cats are complicated.

Regardless the pet, but especially with cats, you need to meet the pet. If the cat is very loving, kind, affectionate, and confident, the man is patient, knows when to give his cat space, affectionate, and awesome. But if the cat is mean, the man probably is aggressive and neglectful. This works with dogs too, but I don't know about reptiles and rabbits. So it's not that guys with cats are more attractive but that you have woo a cat into liking you. A guy with a dog is usually the alpha, leader of the pack, and probably one of a huge group of guys. But a guy with a cat usually separates social and private time, and will likely make time for just the two of you. Plus, cats are usually associated with women so if a cat likes a man you probably will to.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are cymbidium orchids toxic to cats? Is any kind of orchid poisonous for cats? thefitpets 0 947 06-15-2022, 07:02 PM
Last Post: thefitpets
  Do you care about your pet more than you love other humans? Shihtzufan 14 5,634 10-14-2021, 08:01 AM
Last Post: Albana
  How to be in love with your pet Corzhens 2 1,748 06-04-2016, 12:32 AM
Last Post: remnant
Question Why are dogs and cats the most popular pets? Ram 33 25,864 06-01-2016, 10:57 PM
Last Post: maryannballeras
  Cats vs. Dogs amberra824 25 8,864 06-01-2016, 10:45 PM
Last Post: maryannballeras
  A dog I dislike but who seems to love me! evelynmcgregor 3 2,727 07-20-2014, 03:06 AM
Last Post: evelynmcgregor
  Cats and Fish Msmonkeyfeet 10 4,668 05-21-2013, 06:36 AM
Last Post: TheBrit
  Cats are driving me crazy! ChanellG 3 2,911 03-18-2013, 05:12 AM
Last Post: ChanellG