LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
getting a fecal done, but no poop?
06-06-2012, 02:33 AM,
amanda509 Offline

Threads: 56
getting a fecal done, but no poop?
okay, so i may have found a vet with reasonable prices..the catch? its a 1.5 hour drive -.- also, i havent seen any solid poo in their enclosure yet..what if they dont poo by the time i go to the vet? what will they do? will they charge me extra to make them poo?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2012, 07:40 AM,
Fishbone Offline

Threads: 28
RE: getting a fecal done, but no poop?
Sorry Amanda, I completely missed this one Sad

I know with certain species they cam do a rectal swab, I'm not sure how complicated this would be with something add small add a leo though. And this isn't as good as actual feces. You can find some parasites this way, nematodes, sometimes flagylates. But there are a fair amount of parasites where they are looking for shed oocysts, like Cryptosporidium, which would be harder to detect without an actual fecal sample. And this is a likely candidate for your problems with the male, though it could be a number of other things.

And typically to do something like that, should be covered in the office visit cost, though that could vary depending on the vet.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  the best way to get snake poop out of water? amanda509 3 3,609 09-24-2012, 04:11 PM
Last Post: Fishbone
  How often do snakes poop ? Ram 3 60,728 07-31-2012, 02:32 PM
Last Post: Fishbone