LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my truck broke down AGAIN!!!
09-07-2012, 02:51 AM,
amanda509 Offline

Threads: 56
my truck broke down AGAIN!!!
ughh!!!! was doing soo good there for awhile..and BAM! engine blows up in june...a friend took all summer to replace it for me and got my truck back right before school in early august...and NOW i was turning up a street and the engine shut off and wont turn over! everything else works, but my mom and her bosses think i just ran out of gas...B.S.!!! i just put $40 in a couple days ago and that is more than half a tank and i havent done too much driving! any ideas??? im pissed -.-
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-07-2012, 05:02 AM,
Thor Offline
Administrator

Threads: 111
RE: my truck broke down AGAIN!!!
Sorry manda. I can't help much with cars and trucks. If any of your friend is a pro in truck, get them to take a look. If not, you might have to go to a car repair shop. The reason I suggest the car repair shop second is due to the shops around here tend to rip people off and often ask us to replace things that are not broken.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-07-2012, 05:13 AM,
amanda509 Offline

(09-07-2012, 05:02 AM)Thor Wrote: Sorry manda. I can't help much with cars and trucks. If any of your friend is a pro in truck, get them to take a look. If not, you might have to go to a car repair shop. The reason I suggest the car repair shop second is due to the shops around here tend to rip people off and often ask us to replace things that are not broken.

my friend who worked on my engine did a great job, th eonly thing is, he has to do it on "his" time..so it wasnt a big deal when it took him 2 months to do a 6 hour job. but now that im in school, i need my vehicle asap because i dont always have a ride because my parents and boyfriend work during the day...so, its sitting at a mechanics garage..and i dont doubt ill be ripped off :/
09-07-2012, 05:48 AM,
Ram Offline
VIP Member

Threads: 247
Maybe you should compromise. Pay the friend a little under the table to repair your truck. I have done just that.

One of my friends had a degree in car repairing, and he was working in an auto factory. He charges friends $20 per hour instead of the $50 per hour "normal rate" out there. It is under the table. So there is no tax and he get to keep 100% of the pay. Without doing it for free, the jobs are always get done on time. Wink We pay less than we should have been charged.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-07-2012, 05:54 AM,
amanda509 Offline

(09-07-2012, 05:48 AM)Ram Wrote: Maybe you should compromise. Pay the friend a little under the table to repair your truck. I have done just that.

One of my friends had a degree in car repairing, and he was working in an auto factory. He charges friends $20 per hour instead of the $50 per hour "normal rate" out there. It is under the table. So there is no tax and he get to keep 100% of the pay. Without doing it for free, the jobs are always get done on time. Wink We pay less than we should have been charged.

its not that i dont pay him, its just he doesnt really have the time. his rates are great! i only paid $750 for a new engine and labor! i dont have any other friends that will do this..
09-07-2012, 03:57 PM,
Fishbone Offline

Threads: 28
I'm sorry Manda Sad

My first guess would be the alternator, or something else electrical. Is your friend a mechanic professionally? Maybe you could take it to his shop and at least you can know your not getting led to, even if you have to pay shop rates.
09-08-2012, 10:09 PM,
amanda509 Offline

okay everyone, you ready? IT WAS the crank shaft sensor -.- really? they rarely go bad! but mine did..but, its an affordable fix, so i cant complain lol

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ITS BACK!!! my truck :3 i missed it.. amanda509 4 2,494 08-09-2012, 09:32 PM
Last Post: amanda509