LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
saying goodbye
05-31-2012, 08:50 PM,
amanda509 Offline

Threads: 56
saying goodbye
well...my horse is officially sold and her new owner was planning on keeping her at her current stable for another month so i could still see her for a little bit..but i got an email from him this morning saying she was being moved this morning Sad i really wanted to be there to help her get on the trailer with no problems, but i have school and cannot miss. i would have liked to ride her one last time as well...i feel like i was neglected my goodbye...i just wish i didnt have to give her up in the first place, but all the stupid boarding stables jacked their board up soo high id never be able to afford it.. sometimes i feel as if the world is against me in certain situations...reptiles are nice and everything, but they can never make up for that rush of adrenalin when galloping on a horse...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-31-2012, 08:54 PM,
Ram Offline
VIP Member

Threads: 247
RE: saying goodbye
Too bad you have to sell her. Next time build your own stables in your backyard. Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-31-2012, 10:16 PM,
Fishbone Offline

Threads: 28
I'm sorry Amanada Sad That's horrible. Hopefully she has a new good owner, and you can get another horse after your through with school. Big Grin
05-31-2012, 11:00 PM,
amanda509 Offline

Threads: 56
(05-31-2012, 08:54 PM)Ram8349 Wrote: Too bad you have to sell her. Next time build your own stables in your backyard. Smile

ugh, i wish. i live in the city and we do have the biggest yard around, 3 lots, but its nowhere near enough for a horse -.-

(05-31-2012, 10:16 PM)Fishbone Wrote: I'm sorry Amanada Sad That's horrible. Hopefully she has a new good owner, and you can get another horse after your through with school. Big Grin

thats the plan lol. i told my boyfriend i wont move into any house without a yard big enough for horses Wink
06-02-2012, 03:32 PM,
Karenskatz Offline

Threads: 10
Horses are a joy to have, but yes, very expensive. Things like the cose of feed, pay for workers, and especially insurance and property taxes are always going up, forcing horse owners to make hard decisions. My mom didn't own a horse, she would have a time-share on someone elses horse. But she had to keep changing stables and drive further as suburbs encroached on the stables and they eventually sold out to development.
06-02-2012, 11:16 PM,
Ram Offline
VIP Member

Threads: 247
Insurance for horse?
Never heard of it. Is it required just like car insurance?
06-03-2012, 02:30 AM,
Fishbone Offline

Threads: 28
(06-02-2012, 11:16 PM)Ram8349 Wrote: Insurance for horse?
Never heard of it. Is it required just like car insurance?

Actually Ram, in some places, yes. Some form of liability insurance. In case the horse injures someone or something. I am pretty sure in the US there is no federal regulation, but I know some cities/states have a requirement. Hopefully someone else can answer the specifics.
06-09-2012, 12:44 PM,
tajnz Offline

Threads: 2
Sorry Amanda, growing up riding every week I understand a little how you must feel. I seriously think your parents should of let you have a few hours off school to say goodbye properly. It must be hard to study when your mind is elsewhere. I know it's hard but try and remember the good times you had.

Hopefully you know someone with a horse that you can ride on occasion?
07-19-2012, 04:39 AM,
mora2000 Offline

Threads: 9
Sorry. It's always hard when they go to new homes. When my old leasing pony was sold, you wouldn't believe how sad I was. The good thing is is that they are going to a home where they will be looked after and enjoyed by someone. It also helps if you ask to get some pictures of them in their new home. We got pictures of my pony with the drill flag (profile pic) Wink.
Crazy horse person with other animals!

01-28-2013, 12:56 PM,
Blemons2527 Offline

Threads: 0
I love all my horses, dogs, cats, and whatever else we get. But I think the hardest thing or me is going to have to sell my first batch of foals. I know you can't keep them all but it's hard to not get attached to the little ones.
02-11-2013, 04:20 AM,
4sweed Offline

Threads: 64
Gosh, it must have been really hard on you giving up your horse, but I know how expensive the upkeep of an horse is. I had two different ones when I was younger, but was lucky enough to be able to board them at my uncle's farm. I paid him for the feed and boarding in the winter and lived and worked, on his farm in the summer, making the cost much easier to handle. To bad you could not work out a deal where you could do some work at the stable to help offset the cost. I wish the best for you in the future as in getting a place to live with allowance for a horse and being able to own a horse again. You are right when you say there is no greater feeling then being on the back of a galloping horse.