LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Treat Recipes Here!
03-24-2014, 04:58 PM,
BellaVida Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Share Treat Recipes Here!
My brother & I have made some dog treats awhile back. We made about 2-4 different kinds. We had never made any home-made treats for our dogs before, so we wanted to make a variety so that they were to bound to like at least one of them! Most of the treats contained peanut butter in them. I think they ended up liking about 2 out of 4 of all the recipes we tried. Out of those 4, I have one of them that I have on me right now. If anyone is interested in trying them, I am about to list it. I will list it here, below.

First make sure to preheat your oven to 350°! & lightly flour the surface you will be working on.

Ingredients needed:
  • 2 cups all purpose flour or 100% rolled oats (or you can use wheat flour)
  • 2 (4oz) jars of baby food (any flavor but I used chicken or beef)
  • baking sheet
  • non-stick oil spray or oil/butter (for the baking sheet)
  • cookie cutters (optional)

Then you are going to...
1) First off, it's okay to add a bit of water/flour if you need to. Anyways, you're going to mix everything nicely together to form a ball of dough!

2) Remember how I said to have the surface you're working on lightly floured? Where this is where you're going to need it. Roll out your dough to about a 1/4 of an inch thick. If you 're the cookie cutter type, Tongue use whatever shape you want to, to make it into your desired shape. I believe we made ours into a cube shape!

3) Next, place your treats on your baking sheet (use nonstick oil spray/butter or parchment paper) about 1/2 inch apart.

4) Okay! Next, you play the waiting game! You're going to bake these puppies (not literally,silly Wink ) for 20-25 minutes depending on your oven.

Your last step is to allow the yummy treats to cool. I like to stick whatever I just baked, & brought out the oven, into the freezer or refrigerator, only because I'm impatient! But if you want to play the waiting game for a bit longer, go ahead & when they're all the way cooled, treat your furry baby to one & see how he/she likes 'em!

If they liked it, next time try adding other ingredients like peanut butter, blueberries, strawberries,etc;
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Share Treat Recipes Here! - by glitteringfuzz - 08-30-2013, 02:25 AM
RE: Share Treat Recipes Here! - by A0130 - 09-01-2013, 02:31 PM
RE: Share Treat Recipes Here! - by BellaVida - 03-24-2014, 04:58 PM
RE: Share Treat Recipes Here! - by Kteabc - 05-05-2014, 05:52 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Share Your Dog Stories Here spence88 3 1,677 05-24-2016, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Corzhens
  Obesity on Dogs: A Lurking Treat To Our Buddies Snowflakes 7 4,078 10-09-2014, 05:49 AM
Last Post: Snowflakes
  What one food do you and your pooch share while snacking? Pocs 2 1,723 08-09-2012, 05:26 PM
Last Post: TreeClimber
Question Do most dogs treat people based on their physical apparence? Ram 17 7,427 06-21-2012, 09:51 PM
Last Post: reydempto
  Home made dog food recipes? Ram 9 4,180 03-22-2012, 10:47 PM
Last Post: bw