LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does bearded dragon usually end well with a cat?
08-26-2012, 05:09 AM,
Ram Offline
VIP Member

Threads: 247
Does bearded dragon usually end well with a cat?
The following video has the title of "Kitty loves the Lizard".
However almost every viewer couldn't help but notice the video was cut short, right when the kitty "hugged" the bearded dragon. It is the same move that the lions often used to take down zebra with a bite to the neck while "hugging". Icon_eek

Do you this is true "kitty love" or just a tragedy cut short?

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-26-2012, 09:30 AM,
MrBojangles7331 Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Does bearded dragon usually end well with a cat?
I'm not sure about bearded dragons and cats, but I have three dogs and iguana and they work well.

Sometimes my dogs will lick my iguana, and my iguana will close her eyes and ignore them. However if they annoy my iguana too much she will try to whip them. My dogs have NEVER tried to hurt my iguana, although they have accidentally stopped on her once or twice. Two of my dogs are boxers and one is a bull dog (120+lbs) so they are quite large.

I think that at least for dogs, they can tell that you love the iguana and they don't want to hurt something that you love. I've never owned a cat but I'm sure they're smart enough to realize that. Sorry to go kinda off topic just wanted to respond with my closest personal experience.
Find all posts by this user
06-10-2016, 06:02 AM,
CatCuddler57 Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Does bearded dragon usually end well with a cat?
I had a cat and a couple lizards, they weren't bearded dragons. My cat could have eaten them easily because of how small they were but he just liked laying on the sand under the heat lamp. So make sure you have the top of the cage secure. The lizards got so used to it that I would come home to have the cat in the lizard cage with two lizards sunbathing on his head. Just because a cat does a hug, doesn't necessarily mean that it wants to eat the other animal, some cats simply like to cuddle. I would be less concerned with a bearded dragon because of the significant amount of spikes that is one it. It's a lizard that is designed to keep itself safe. Regardless of that, I wouldn't let them be by themselves if you're unsure of the cat's intensions.
Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouse Flavored Cat Food Yatte 10 8,282 10-16-2019, 09:57 PM
Last Post: Matt Robinson
  I think my cat would like a Miniture Dachsund to play with Butterbelly's Buddy 5 3,115 08-09-2019, 05:06 AM
Last Post: douglasboutte
  Does your dog or cat talk to you ? Happyflowerlady 20 6,474 05-27-2016, 04:12 AM
Last Post: Happyflowerlady
  Veterinarian kills cat with bow and arrow ! Happyflowerlady 6 3,019 05-29-2015, 03:28 AM
Last Post: kfander
  My cat caught a bat letpet 15 6,466 02-25-2015, 05:29 PM
Last Post: mariann
  Herbie the Cat: Killed 2-1/2 Hours from Being Saved MythsDreams 3 3,432 12-10-2013, 02:47 AM
Last Post: MythsDreams
  Cat vomiting, no change in diet, any suggestions. thetit4n 1 2,589 07-14-2012, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Fishbone