LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite breed?
03-06-2014, 10:28 PM,
janineaa Offline

Threads: 3
Favorite breed?
What is your favorite dog breed? And why?

For me, my favorite breed is the Shi Tzu. They are alert and lively for such a little dog. They are always happy, very loyal and usually friendly to the next puppy out there. For such a small dog, they act like they are a huge species because they act like a watch dog to their owner.They are so affectionate so they need humans to give them a lot of play time. Another good thing about this breed is that they can live in apartments with no yard. They are a big responsibility though because of its fur.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2014, 08:29 AM,
TreeClimber Offline

Threads: 37
RE: Favorite breed?
I don't want my current dog to get mad at me. She's a Jack Russell Terrier. However, my favorite breed is the Lab.

I've had four different breeds in my lifetime: Poodle/Cocker Spaniel Mix, Collie, Lab, and Jack Russell. I've also spent considerable time with Dobermans, Mini Pinschers, German Shepherds, Chows, Yorkies, and others. (My family really loves dogs.) So, I've got a few to compare with. I guess it depends on what you're looking for in a dog. But, to me, the Lab is the perfect family dog.

All the breeds I mentioned have their strong points. I chose the Lab because of their temperament, they're ease around children, and their love of people. My Lab was a wonderful dog. I won't say she was perfect. She was a wild, aggressive puppy and she was a terrible thief until her last days. But, she settled down at 3 years old and she became the type of Lab you see on TV and in movies.

I was always worried about having a big dog around my nieces and nephew who were young at the time. I need not have worried. Sierra loved children. She would let them do anything to her just so she could be in their presence. I can remember watching my toddler niece climb right over Sierra and Sierra never flinched. She was so gentle with them.

Labs love people and are very social. They don't seem to care who they get their head pats from just as long as they get them.

Those are my reasons for choosing this breed, though I think I could pretty much live with any.
04-04-2014, 12:29 AM,
skywatcher Offline

Threads: 0
The Shi Tzu, too!

Not just because they're cute and very active, but our Shi Tzu is extremely friendly at everyone. She always gets excited whenever she sees another person, or whenever we come home from school. She's also very excited to meet other dogs, and especially when she gets another toy!
04-05-2014, 04:21 AM,
Ofnir Offline

Threads: 7
We currently have a golden retriever, have had one over ten years. I love them a lot and think they are utterly precious puppies but my favorite breed? That probably has to be the Australian Shepard, I had one when I was in gradeschool and he was a great, great dog. Sadly he got hit by a motorcycle (he was an outside dog) and ended up having three legs, which was very heart breaking but he was a very sweet dog.
04-05-2014, 12:35 PM,
antoinebugleboy Offline

Threads: 1
Ripley is my first dog. I always thought that when I get a dog, it would be a Jindo. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_Jindo_Dog

However, the timing was never right, and when we finally decided to get a dog, my wife and I decided it was now or never. If we were going to try and have kids, we certainly were not going to have time for a dog once the baby came. So we went to the Humane Society and picked the best dog available right then and there.

We lived in Hawaii at the time, and that state is lousy with pit bulls and pit bull mixes. Pits don't have anywhere near the negative reputation that they seem to have everywhere else. They're just dogs and no one thinks twice about them. So the law of statistics being what they are, the dog we fell for ended up being a pit bull mix. I never would have thought of myself as a pit bull owner, but having had Ripley in our lives for the last three years, I am very glad we did.

She has very short hair, so she doesn't need a lot of grooming. She is quiet, which is very nice. And she is an energetic, playful pup! Contrary to the myth of the vicious pit bull, she's always trying to get other dogs to play chase with her at the dog park, and if another dog gets too aggressive, she always runs away. She doesn't seem to suffer from any sort of hereditary conditions, as she is a mutt, and she's about as healthy as you could want.

The choice made for the sake of expediency has led to me becoming a fan of the breed.
02-03-2016, 06:54 AM,
mett1982 Offline

My favorite breeds as always been an Alaskan Malamute or Siberian Husky. I just love the look of them. They most resemble a wolf and I just always have loved the way they look. They can also be a loyal breed and very independent. So, it's nice having a pup that isn't always right by your side. A dog that does it's own thing if you will. I have a Malamute now and she is my absolute best friend. My husband calls her my shadow but she is a very independent dog. I love the size of her. She is super huggable and she is a great protector. I also like Australian Shepards and Coris are just too cute!!
03-16-2016, 06:47 AM,
heavymetalkilos Offline

My family has had a Papillon for years now and I've grown to the idea that the breed is just perfect. Papillons are intelligent and careful, even thought they are not the best guard dogs thanks to their size. Our little lady has some fat on her even when that breed is normally pretty petite and doesn't gain that much off that fat. Probably it's the country life, haha!

I personally also prefer Pomeranians. They are so cute and cheerful, making them best companions for an extrovert like me. I've heard that they have curios nature which is pretty important to me, along with a playful image. I'm probably going to get one as soon as I move on my own and finish my studies.
03-28-2016, 10:25 AM,
krystianna Offline

Threads: 1
I am certainly biased, but Labrador Retrievers will always have a very special place in my heart. My childhood dog passed away nearly 4 years ago and he was a black lab mix. He was sweet, smart, affectionate, and full of personality. I loved that dog so dearly and I have met so many other labs with the same traits as well as very unique personalities. It's important to me that my dog makes me laugh and smile and makes me feel loved. I cared for him, but I feel like he took care of me even more. I miss him so badly!
04-01-2016, 08:04 AM,
Happyflowerlady Offline

Threads: 104
I love several breeds of dog; but I think that my very most favorite breed is the Poodle. Poodles are the second smartest dog, only listed behind the Border Collie. By the way, I do NOT like border collies. They may be great dogs for working with stock; but they just have to be doing something all of the time, and if you don't have any sheep for them to chase around, they will chew up just about anything they can find while they pout.
Anyway, The reason that I love Poodle is just that they have the very best disposition, and are both intelligent and affectionate, and easy to train. They love pleasing people, and seem to enjoy having all of the grooming and clipping that goes with having a Poodle.
I used to take unsweetened koolaid and turn my little toy poodle a pretty pink in the spring, and she would prance around the house and just show off to get all of the attention that she could get.
05-16-2016, 10:27 PM,
Corzhens Offline

Threads: 50
Our first dog is a mixed breed that is medium size. Some say it is mongrel but she looks a bit like Lassie, the tv dog of yore. Our second dog is a pekingese, a small lap dog that has a thick coat. Now our present dogs are a spitz, pug and pekingese. I guess I would go for a pekingese as my favorite. It is cuddly and affectionate for it is a lap dog who wants to be with people all the time.

I often bring along my pekingese when I go to the market (although I leave her in the car with my husband). Barbie enjoys riding the car especially when we go on a vacation trip. It's easy to carry a pekingese for its small size.
05-20-2016, 12:58 PM,
maxen57 Offline

Threads: 15
I love shihtzus. I own one and it has the perfect temperament around kids. My son absolutely adores her and would invite her to sit with him anywhere. Because of their size, they're easy to maintain and for one that's actually hyper, Clio gets along everyone else. She's just a fun dog. She has a bad habit of bothering Sandy, our toy poodle, whenever she's bored. She used to be scared of her but now Clio fights back, probably because she know she's bigger than Sandy no, lol!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dog breed choice? we love the coonhound and saluki CacciatJocund 4 2,696 05-31-2022, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Busbyx
  Tell me about your favorite dog, past or present bw 12 6,123 09-11-2020, 11:17 PM
Last Post: FaithMillsM2V
  Do I just Have a Hyper Breed? dashboardc33 3 2,026 05-15-2016, 10:15 AM
Last Post: maxen57
  What is your favorite breed of dog? Francy 32 9,955 02-01-2016, 06:16 AM
Last Post: thash1979
  American Indian Dog, an ancient breed. Happyflowerlady 2 2,288 05-25-2014, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Happyflowerlady
  What Is Your Dog's Favorite Toy? shopgirl 7 3,419 12-08-2013, 03:41 PM
Last Post: tierapatt50
  Which is your favourite breed of dog? Miranda Boldari 5 6,014 12-08-2013, 08:14 AM
Last Post: tierapatt50
  What's your favorite dog breeds? nick87 6 3,341 10-06-2012, 01:31 AM
Last Post: pafjlh
  Post one of your favorite dog memories! sandooch 14 4,102 10-01-2012, 06:00 AM
Last Post: TreeClimber
  Your dogs favorite food Brook 3 3,823 09-24-2012, 02:47 PM
Last Post: haopee
  What is your dogs favorite activity? Pocs 5 2,711 08-16-2012, 01:18 AM
  Breed Specific Legislation haopee 2 2,325 07-18-2012, 01:29 PM
  Favorite dog training book? TreeClimber 2 2,346 07-17-2012, 03:13 PM
Last Post: pomseekt
  Does your dog have a favorite toy? haopee 4 2,657 06-19-2012, 07:14 AM
Last Post: TreeClimber