• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My cat vomits almost every day
04-23-2014, 09:18 AM,
Amandalefurgey Offline
Registered

Threads: 2
My cat vomits almost every day
Hi all,

I have a 9 month old cat, Luke.. We found him when he was only around 3-4 weeks old, we had him on a kitten milk diet suggested by our vet for the first month and a bit that we had him, he has always been a normal, energetic kitten.. He had a parasite when he was a few months old and was treated for that.. Is all up to date on shots and deworming and was neutered when he was 7 months old.
He had been throwing up almost once a day until we realized he had a parasite and had him treated for that and them he was fine for a couple of months and then a couple months ago he took into throwing up again almost on a regular basis, almost always only during the night.. We have had him to the vet numerous times, as well as the Atlantic vet college..
We had him on a gluten free diet at first and it seemed for work for about a month until he started throwing up again.. He has had numerous bloodworms, X-rays and ultrasounds and nothing is ever found.. We have tried him on different prescription diets and stick strictly to those but so far none have worked.. We hate to see him have to continue through more tests when so far none have shown anything..
Vets can't seem to figure out what is going on with our Luke which is very frustrating, especially since we have 1200 dollars in vet bills so far and still no solution..
He is on metaclopermide to help his vomiting and it normally works but we just wish there was a better solution for him
Besides his throwing up he is a perfectly normal, energetic, happy cat..
With that being said, we are wondering if there is anyone out there that has had this same type of experience with their cats, and if so, any suggestions?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-24-2014, 01:39 AM,
Happyflowerlady Offline

Threads: 104
RE: My cat vomits almost every day
It really sounds like your kitty might still have some kind of a parasite causing the problem. There are a whole lot of different kinds of parasites, and the tests are only good for identifying a few of the parasites, so your cat could easily have some that are not showing up on the tests.
Since the medical profession now states that about 85% of the human population has parasites, it is extremely likely that our pets have at least that percentage, too.

One thing that you can easily try with your cat, is giving him some diatomaceous earth. You can buy it online, and it is cheap; but be sure to get only food grade DE.
It comes from the fossils of tiny diatoms, and the sharp edges will cut up the parasite, and it will then die. It works on about any parasite, and is not harmful to either humans or animals. In fact, DE is full of minerals, and is actually beneficial to any creature that eats some of it.
DE looks like a white flour, and it can be mixed in with either milk, or canned cat food, and it only takes a tiny amount, like a half teaspoon per cat per day.
04-24-2014, 05:07 AM,
Amandalefurgey Offline
Registered

Thanks for the reply,
I should have mentioned that after our last vet visit a few weeks ago he was prescribed panacure granules to kill any possible parasites lingering.. He had 1/4 teaspoon for 5 days and there was no positive results from it unfortunately..
04-24-2014, 05:47 AM,
Happyflowerlady Offline

Threads: 104
Since different medications only work on some parasites, they will not necessarily kill just any parasites that an animal may have.
They use different remedies, depending on what worms they find, For instance, some wormers will kill most of the common roundworms and hookworms that dogs or cats get; but they don't kill tapeworms at all. You have to use a special wormer that kills tapeworms.
Using diatomaceous earth will kill any kind of worm or parasite, because it cuts the parasite up; so there is NO way that any parasite can develop an immunity to it, as sometimes happens with worm medications that poison the worm.
Also, since DE is a natural mineral substance, it is actually beneficial to your pet, and there is no chance of harming or killing your pet, as a worm medicine can do.
04-25-2014, 06:09 AM,
nugluc47 Offline
Registered

Threads: 0
Well, the vet has found nothing, right? Is there something in your home that makes him nervous or stressed out?

I have cats, all rescued. Sable was a rescue from a abusive situation and the only cat I have who has been declawed. The other cats can be mean to her. I keep it at a minimum as much as I can. But, if the others have chased her more in one day, she will throw up because of being afraid.

Generally I will call her to me to sooth her which quells the up-chuck most of the time.

Or if he is an indoor only cat, he may want to be indoor/outdoor. I have done that for only my adult cats who have been in for six years. And surprisingly they pretty much stay in our fenced in back yard. Both are very happy and are losing weight, fat the vet said they don't need.

Get creative and look at non-traditional methods to remedy the problem. Good luck
04-27-2014, 11:19 AM,
Amandalefurgey Offline
Registered

Thanks for the reply... Nothing at home should make him nervous or stressed from what I would think, it is only me and my boyfriend, no other pets, and he is spoiled rotten Smile
We are considering starting him on a leash outdoors.. We are too nervous to have him outdoors on his own - living in the country with lots of foxes and coyotes around

Hoping that maybe this is just a phase that he will soon grow out of

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Post photos and videos of your cat(s) here! Thor 47 28,075 05-31-2022, 07:39 AM
Last Post: Busbyx
  What breed of cat is good around children maxen57 9 5,337 05-19-2022, 06:00 PM
Last Post: KaithJ
  Does your cat shed hair excessively? footballtim 11 8,670 06-14-2021, 02:05 PM
Last Post: hwillson
  Does your cat talk to you? Does it respond to its name? NicholasWatson 2 1,262 02-19-2021, 09:24 PM
Last Post: AdrianLewis
  What interesting things has your cat destroyed kfander 19 11,602 02-19-2021, 08:45 PM
Last Post: HemmyngsKylee
  Interesting Cat Scratching posts Shihtzufan 3 2,929 02-19-2021, 08:41 PM
  Does your cat respond when you call their name? BobCat 31 22,891 02-19-2021, 05:36 PM
  Does your cat sleep in bed with you? niightwind 15 10,402 02-19-2021, 05:24 PM
  Brushing a Cat kfander 8 5,292 02-19-2021, 05:23 PM
  How Many Times a Day Do You Feed Your Cat and What Brand? Bloomsie 11 7,338 11-27-2020, 08:35 AM
Last Post: EmmaWilliam
Question Water Fountain vs. Water Dish for cat? mariposa 24 31,400 09-16-2020, 12:32 AM
Last Post: HarryDavidson701L3
  DIY Cat Litter ACSAPA 4 6,819 10-05-2016, 11:41 PM
Last Post: Loro
  Cat Longevity kfander 2 4,522 08-27-2016, 01:53 AM
Last Post: rz3300
  My cat is overweight krystianna 9 6,540 08-26-2016, 11:28 PM
Last Post: Tom1
  Cat cafe - are you for or against? Elfprincess 11 8,577 08-26-2016, 03:05 AM
Last Post: remnant