LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Personality of a tarantula owner
12-30-2012, 01:38 AM,
mymollie Offline

Threads: 3
Personality of a tarantula owner
Hi. I was just thinking about spiders and got a shiver all over. I guess you could say I have arachnophobia. I asked myself, "Doesn't everyone?" Who are these people that can actually cuddle with a tarantula, and feel all warm and fuzzy. (No pun intended) I know that there are people that see such beauty in them, and I understand that they can, but I am curious. What kind of personality do you think these "seers of beauty" have? What experiences have they had that brought them to the point of loving them without cringing? What is the beauty of spiders?

If you love spiders, I hope you will help me with my curiosity.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-23-2013, 02:49 PM,
Ram Offline
VIP Member

Threads: 247
RE: Personality of a tarantula owner
I do not believe pet tarantula owners cuddle their pet tarantulas. Where did you get the idea? Big Grin

A few of them might let their tarantulas out for a walk on their arm or hand for a bit once in a while, but for the most part the tarantulas would stay inside their enclosures.

I do not own a tarantula myself, but I have seen some pretty ones.
Check this thread,
http://petskeepersguide.com/forums/Thread-Pet-tarantula
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-27-2013, 01:06 AM,
amberra824 Offline

Threads: 4
I think that tarantulas are beautiful...but I'm scared to death of them. I also have arachnophobia. I hate having fears that aren't validated, since I've never really had a bad experience with spiders as far as I can remember. When I was younger, I used to not mind spiders. I'd keep them in jars and feed them flies and such, watching them and just observing. But by the time I was ten, I was terrified. I don't blame anyone who likes spiders, as they are incredibly fascinating to watch. I just...can't watch them without feeling as if I have a bunch of tiny spiders crawling all over me. I guess I get a bit paranoid about spiders, which stinks because there really are a lot of beautiful species of spiders. Maybe one day I'll get over it Tongue
02-13-2013, 07:42 AM,
4sweed Offline

Threads: 64
My ex-husband owned two tarantula's. He kept them in a aquarium in our bedroom. He said they have hairs on their body that can cause skin rashes if handled to much. I was not a fan of them.
In his younger days he and a friend went out to Texas, hunting them. They live in burrows along high banks along the roads. They would catch hundreds of them and put each one in a different container with air holes, for hauling them back home. You have to like spiders to keep that many in your car, I could not do it thats for sure. lol
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-27-2014, 05:43 AM,
millshre Offline

Threads: 2
I actually came here to ask a similar question so I'm interested in seeing your replies.

I'm absolutely terrified of spiders and even reading about them makes me ill.

I check the corners of a room every time I enter it because I can't handle one in the house. When I see one, I can usually not even get close enough to kill it and have to cry for assistance from my husband. I have to see the body afterward, too. I'm a terrible person. I hate killing bugs and insects of any other kind,but my phobia, as irrational as it may be, turns me into a monster.

I'd love to hear from people who don't have this fear, because it's so strange to me to think that people can look at them and not feel panic like I do. Maybe I could learn not to also?
06-20-2014, 10:35 AM,
Jamey Lewis Offline
Registered

Threads: 2
You have a pet dog? Some people are afraid of dogs. They can bite and sometimes Mame you. How do you see beauty in dogs? I don't understand.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tarantula Cacret's Zoo Yard 2 2,715 07-10-2015, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Ram
  Reliable place to purchase a tarantula? A0130 0 2,038 09-04-2013, 01:25 PM
Last Post: A0130
  Pet tarantula Ram 5 3,941 08-07-2012, 04:25 AM
Last Post: writer811