LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crazy Dog Names
07-04-2013, 09:16 PM,
haopee Offline

Threads: 91
Crazy Dog Names
I just recently followed a blog who's owned by a dog whose name is Piranha Banana... I also have a friend who calls her dog Sannah Banana.

One of the dogs in our pack is called "Coal". While it sounds nice in English, it can come off as an insult in our dialect. He's a black dog who used to love sleeping in the grill when it's not in use. My mom strongly disagreed when she discovered what I named the dog but the name stuck.

Sometimes, owners can give their dogs some crazy names. Have you ever given your dog a crazy name? What would that be?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-25-2013, 04:11 AM,
edimzy Offline
Registered

Threads: 0
RE: Crazy Dog Names
I have a beagle named Doughnut. He got that name because he's really sweet, but really bad. Like a doughnut. There are other dog names I like are Sugar, Pepper, Charlie, Homer, Ruby, Liza, and Silly. But you really just have to get to know the dog...it will eventually name itself! My other pets are named Rocco, (dog) Ignatius, Mowgli, and Maggie. (cats)
07-25-2013, 04:38 AM,
Happyflowerlady Offline

Threads: 104
When my children were growing up, we always had a dog for the family, and one of the best ones we ever had was a coal black Great Dane that grew to be a huge dog, and he was very protective of the family, but also had the carefree nature of the Great Dane.
We had his ears cropped, so he had that awesome traditional look , and we named him Mr. Spock, since he had the pointed ears.
We had horses, and the whole family went riding almost every day, and of course, Spock came along with us, so he developed a very muscular and athletic body from all the running along with the horses.
The name really seemed to fit with his dignified personality.
08-20-2013, 04:09 PM,
nonsiccus Offline

I had a friend who owned this great big black lab - Fidel (as in Castro - no idea why). Well, I think he was a black lab, though he might have had a few other things in him as well. This guy was a large dog, on a medium frame, if you know what I mean and he absolutely loved to sit on the porch and watch the road near the house. Too fat to do anything and too dumb to care my friend would say.

I recall one time going to my friend's house, and the dog was in his usual spot by the door, just kinda sitting there awkwardly. He was a little too fat to sit in the conventional way a dog does, but also too lazy to lie down all the way because he'd have a difficult time seeing the road (and probably getting up, hah). He sat there kind of like a person would and just panted a greeting as I walked past, turning his head to keep me in sight. As I passed him, I heard a thud. Apparently the poor guy couldn't maintain his balance turned around and just tipped over like a big, black, furry bowling pin.

The best part was he struggled to right himself for a few seconds, gave a large sign of resignation and took a nap.

I often wonder how he's doing now, as my friend has moved away but I suspect that old Fidel probably isn't around anymore. Sad
08-20-2013, 04:45 PM,
alycat32 Offline

Threads: 2
I'm not sure about crazy names, but we had a variety of interesting named dogs growing up. We knew of other peoples interesting pet names as well. My best friend who lived down the street from me had a huge Husky named Moose. He was appropriately named because he was big and would charge ( excitedly) at you and knock you over.

Our next door neighbor had a Dalmatian named Oreo, as well as a Dalmation named ringo.

The first dog we had was a big black New Foundland named Ted.E.Bear. For obvious reasons. He was very cuddly!

Later on in my childhood we had two cocker spaniels. One named Peanut and one named Muffin. I can't recall why Muffin had her name, but Peanut was tiny when we got him. Like a little peanut.
08-20-2013, 11:55 PM,
intothebleach Offline

Threads: 5
My two fur balls have strangish names. My first is an Alaskan Malamute called Carling because the very first pint I pulled in my first pub was a pint of Carling. Plus he is black and white. My second dog is a Husky X Mal and she is called Guinness, again because of the fact that we worked in the pub trade, plus she is black and white and most significantly she was born on March 17th, St Patricks Day.
08-23-2013, 01:25 PM,
NDN Offline

I am not sure if this qualifies as a crazy name or not. I adopted a dog from family who no longer wanted him. The dogs name is Brownie,naming a dog after a snack treat is a bit strange. It get even stranger this dog is not at all brown he is gray/silver. i can not figure out why the gave this dog a name the does not fit hima ta all.
08-23-2013, 01:54 PM,
Coricopat Offline

I named my brother's dogs. When my brother heard the proposed names, he agreed instantly, but I'm not sure my father has forgiven me yet! Big Grin No matter how many times I try to come up with elegant names for our animals, I always end up calling them something silly or overly cutesy.

My brother has two puppies, a male who looks like his father (Rift), and a female who looks like her mother (Hana). They were both born around the time I had first seen The Avengers.

So I named the male Riftbert Downey Jr and the female Scarlett JoHanason. The little girl now generally goes by the nickname Little Scarscar, and while the boy mostly gets called Riftbert, he occasionally gets called Iron Pup. No regrets!

As a bonus, I also named their mother Hana. "Hana" means flower in Japanese, which seemed like a nice enough name, but as she got older and her nose went from square to ridiculously long and pointy, I discovered that "hana" can also mean nose in Japanese. So now we say the real meaning of her name is nose!
08-24-2013, 03:38 AM,
shopgirl Offline

Threads: 11
This name isn't too crazy but I previously owned a Siberian Husky and I named him Urban. He was named after my favorite country singer which is Keith Urban! Urban was the red and white color, as they call it, but he was really like a blonde color. He had the prettiest blue eyes. He was such a sweet dog. The name fit him very well. I couldn't imagine his name being anything else!
09-12-2013, 01:06 PM,
cliverederson Offline

Threads: 5
I like strange names as well. I also think long names or human-like can be really funny on animals, and they can even end up being cute in unexpected ways. The best I can contribute is I had a turtle a while back and I named him The Reverend Al Sharpton, but we always ended up calling him "The Rev" and it was pretty cute.

I had an extremely hard time naming my dog though when I got her. I had a whole list of names. I considered Parcel which I thought could be cute for a small dog, but then I thought it might sound too like I dunno, hoighty toighty if that makes sense. Also I don't think it really sounded like a girl dog's name. I tried to call her Marlo at first, but it just didn't seem to fit and we kept calling her Little Pupps and so Pupps just stuck and I always get crap from people saying it isn't creative, but I think it's really cute!
11-07-2013, 09:10 PM,
Miranda Boldari Offline

I met a man, during one of my evening walks in the park. His face was flushed beet red and soon I understood why. He was loudly calling out for "April Thursday."

Yes, my friends, that was the name of his girl friend's chihuahua. The naughty little thing had run off and was hiding somewhere. We decided to put the man out of his misery and find her as soon as possible. Everyone around started calling out for April as well. The man flushed further still and practically shrivelled up with embarrassment as he explained that the dog only responded to her full name.

I cracked a rib trying not to laugh.
11-08-2013, 12:13 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-08-2013, 12:13 PM by Ricardo187.)
Ricardo187 Offline

Threads: 4
Well, I met a a lot of people who named their dogs under what for me are considered weird names. An example is "Cordo", it's just weird in my language. My dog's name is "Duc", the name he was registred with when we adopted him. We didn't choose the name as he was already five years old when we took him home with us and therefore it'd be wrong and bad for him to just give him a new name. It'd also be complicated with its identification documents the chip. I believe it's all about the way people look at the names. Sometimes they associate the name to some aspect of the dog or something he likes to do. Only the owners of weird named dogs can explain the reason, I guess, or maybe it's not even a weird name in their opinion.
12-05-2013, 06:43 AM,
dickybird Offline

After having an argument with my boyfrend, he decided to get us a dog by way of making it up to me. We live in Turkey and dogs are treated very differently over here, we got our dog when he was only 4 weeks old. He was a tiny white ball of fluff and looked like a baby Polar Bear. We were unaware of his breed and tried to research with his features, all white with black features. The first day we had him he peed all over my boyfriends mothers house, from then on we knew he was cheeky. We couldn't decide on a name, but it became clear not only was he cheeky but also crazy. I had travelled to England and my boyfriend was staying with a friend, this friend did not like our dog and made this very clear, during the night our dog climbed out of my boyfriend's bed and onto his friends, he peed on him and then went back to bed. From the many incidents we decided on Dino, which is Kurdish for crazy. Over a year on, he gets called Dino Bear and we think he is a White Boardie Collie. He is a beautiful and intelligent dog, and I am thankful for the day we had that argument and got our Dino Bear.
12-08-2013, 08:11 AM,
tierapatt50 Offline

Threads: 3
I had a dog named Smokey that I actually named even though I was really young, like 7 or 8 years old at the time, but everyone loved the name and it fitted him. I grew up in a small town so when everyone knew his name was Smokey they ultimately thought the name was marijuana related because a lot of people in my old hometown did that sort of thing but no I named him after a character in a TV show (can not remember which TV show though).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Post photos and videos of your dog(s) here! Thor 56 26,849 03-03-2024, 08:26 PM
Last Post: candyvect
  Grooming your dog, do you do it yourself or not ? Happyflowerlady 4 3,169 01-20-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: Annetti
  Dog breed choice? we love the coonhound and saluki CacciatJocund 4 2,696 05-31-2022, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Busbyx
  Where does your dog sleep? cecejailer 10 4,145 06-22-2021, 05:33 AM
Last Post: Thor
  Dog Festival Corzhens 6 3,321 11-03-2020, 12:34 AM
Last Post: DeirdreThomson7gF
  Best Chew Proof Dog Bed? afsanaurmi 2 2,187 09-21-2020, 10:20 PM
Last Post: NicholasWatson
  Would you risk your life for your dog? remnant 7 4,487 09-21-2020, 10:15 PM
Last Post: NicholasWatson
  Soft diet for a sick dog Corzhens 4 2,740 09-16-2020, 05:15 PM
Last Post: HarryDavidson701L3
  Sending the dog back? remnant 4 4,332 09-11-2020, 11:22 PM
Last Post: FaithMillsM2V
  Tell me about your favorite dog, past or present bw 12 6,124 09-11-2020, 11:17 PM
Last Post: FaithMillsM2V
  Guard dog Corzhens 7 5,581 01-13-2019, 10:12 PM
Last Post: pooch495
  My dog does not go out of the stall today walkmansky 1 1,805 06-26-2018, 05:47 AM
Last Post: Thor
  How long before seperate puppy from mother dog Ram 7 7,456 04-14-2018, 06:29 PM
Last Post: mayabili
  How I teach my dog patience joshposh 2 2,902 08-02-2016, 03:37 AM
Last Post: Happyflowerlady
  What liquids do you give to your dog your dog? remnant 1 2,495 07-27-2016, 05:40 AM
Last Post: Happyflowerlady