LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expectant "mommy" of a chinchilla
07-31-2012, 09:17 PM,
pugskjj Offline

Threads: 19
Expectant "mommy" of a chinchilla
Ok, so I am still waiting on a confirmation, but I may be adding to my family on Friday Clap Someone is getting rid of their white chinchilla because it "just doesn't fit their lifestyle" DodgyHuhMad

They were really good about communicating with me until it came time to set up the time to come get him Friday. I am really hopeful to bring him home, they do NOT deserve to have any animals

Keep your fingers crossed!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2012, 11:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-12-2012, 11:50 AM by Ram.)
Ram Offline
VIP Member

Threads: 247
RE: Expectant "mommy"
Do you have it now? Smile
Show us a photo once you get it.

You can't blame people for trying to give away a pet when they can no longer take care of it. At least they did not just ditch the chinchilla on the street or elsewhere. Although I am against the idea of "I am no longer interested in" a pet as the reason to get rid of a previous champion, but "doesn't fit the lifestyle" can mean a lot of things. Maybe they are just too busy and have no time to take care of it?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-18-2012, 12:54 AM,
Iampeebs Offline
Registered

Threads: 0
RE: Expectant "mommy" of a chinchilla
Have you had Chins before? They can be the sweetest things, but may be standoffish if they have not been handles and cuddled and given attention. We had a pair for many years and they were the sweetest things ever, just make sure that you are aware of the temperature requirements as they like the cool and summers can be an issue. Congrats and I hope you get yours soon and it doesn't fall through.
08-15-2013, 10:57 PM,
Writer E Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Expectant "mommy" of a chinchilla
Hope you got your chinchilla! Here in Texas, the biggest challenge is keeping my little guy cool. We do have air conditioning, and I have a couple of backup plans for times when the AC breaks down. One thing I purchased is a marble slab that can be refrigerated and put into his cage so he has something cool to lie on. My guy is standoffish, but tolerates petting and likes raisins and cheerios as treats.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  By the hair of my chiny, chin, chinchilla... pugskjj 2 1,970 06-24-2022, 04:28 PM
Last Post: chinchilla101