LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My First Animal Forum!
07-06-2012, 02:36 AM,
writer811 Offline

Threads: 10
My First Animal Forum!
Hello, everyone! My name is Jacob and I love animals! This is the first animal forum I've ever posted to and I'm very excited! Well, currently I own/help raise six dogs, a cat, four rats, a clawed frog and a turtle. My favorite is Persephone, my first rat. In the past I've also raised parakeets, tarantulas, more fish than I care to think of, more dogs, more cats, more turtles, a tortoise, a variety of insects and several species of snakes and reptiles. I hope to own many more in the future!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2012, 12:04 PM,
Fishbone Offline

Threads: 28
RE: My First Animal Forum!
Welcome Jacob! We like zoo keepers around here Smile Rats can be great pets, I've known people who kept them. I think I have an emotional blockage to rodents, having kept allot of snakes for most of my life. Got any pictures?
07-06-2012, 03:57 PM,
Ram Offline
VIP Member

Threads: 247
Hello there, I am glad we just got ourselves another member with a wide range of interests in pets.

You are probably the first one here with experience in tarantulas. Would you please fill us in in tarantulas thread? Smile

Since you mentioned fish, what kind of aquariums have you had?
I have planted tropical community tank which you can find in this thread. Post yours too if you have a photo or video. Thumbsup
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-07-2012, 05:42 AM,
laurasav Offline

Threads: 28
Hi Jacob and welcome to your first animal forum! You have a lot of experience with a great many different species. It will be interesting to read your threads and comments, and I hope you'll be an active member here. I am looking forward to hearing more about your various pets, past and present. Well, I'll be honest, I'll be skipping anything on the tarantula threads! I can't abide spiders of any kind! I'm seriously terrified of them!!!
I'm very curious about this "clawed frog." Tell us more...
07-25-2012, 08:44 AM,
writer811 Offline

Threads: 10
Thanks for being so welcome, everyone! I'm sorry I'm not more active on here but I have to fight for internet time! I do have pictures of many of these but I don't know how to upload them, sorry. As for aquariums, I prefer the big ones and I don't believe I've used one under ten gallons. My African Clawed Frog is named Fred, he spends his entire life in the water. He eats turtle pellets (He likes them for some reason) and flies that I catch for him.
07-25-2012, 08:49 AM,
Thor Offline
Administrator

Threads: 111
(07-25-2012, 08:44 AM)writer811 Wrote: Thanks for being so welcome, everyone! I'm sorry I'm not more active on here but I have to fight for internet time! I do have pictures of many of these but I don't know how to upload them, sorry. As for aquariums, I prefer the big ones and I don't believe I've used one under ten gallons. My African Clawed Frog is named Fred, he spends his entire life in the water. He eats turtle pellets (He likes them for some reason) and flies that I catch for him.

You may post photos here easily by doing the following.
1. Just take the photos with a camera or a cellphone.
2. Upload the photos to http://imageshack.us
3. Copy image location and paste it here with [img]image address[/img]

Look forward to see your all your pets. Clap
07-25-2012, 09:11 AM,
Ram Offline
VIP Member

Threads: 247
Use the instruction manual of your camera or phone if you don't know how to upload photos to your computer.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello Forum :) Jelly 1 2,156 06-12-2015, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Jelly
  Life long animal lover saying hi! lanna 1 2,269 08-18-2013, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Thor
  Hi, pet forum. I love Cats and most animals Karen May Jones 1 2,262 12-13-2012, 05:01 AM
Last Post: Ram
  My kind of forum! pugskjj 3 2,224 07-12-2012, 02:37 PM
Last Post: Monica9975