LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your favorite breed of dog?
12-03-2015, 06:38 PM,
lexinonomous Offline

Threads: 2
RE: What is your favorite breed of dog?
(11-21-2015, 10:03 PM)Elfprincess Wrote: Awww, to have their very own Fang seems like a dream come true! I've just read that in the book, Fang is a Great Dane, and not an Mastiff. I must give kudos for the filmmakers for choicing a dog from a breed that's well-known for being easily scared. After all, Hagrid was the one protecting Fang, and not the other way around! Big Grin

Personally, I'm a small dog person. I enjoy taking care of critters, because I feel like their mommy! Nothing gets me like tiny dog with big eyes and skinny legs.
Pugs are a favourite (adorable! I just want to hug them), along with miniature pinschers (I know that many people dislike them for constantly barking, but if you were such a tiny and vulnerable creature, you would bark all the time too!). Pekingese are amazing too, I love their silly faces! I guess my favourite breeds are the "ugly cute" ones Heart

It really was a dream come true when we got our very own Fang, though we ended up naming him Caden. I wanted to name him Fang more than anything. They hit the nail on the head when it came to the Mastiff's personality. They really are the biggest babies, ever.

Pugs remind me of mini versions of huge dogs. I love their little squish faces. I'd love to have a small dog in the future. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2015, 01:18 PM,
mrheflin2@aol.com Offline
Registered

Threads: 0
This is such a difficult question because I am so in love with every dog. However, I would definitely have to say that Dalmatians (particularly miniature ones) are my favorite breed of dog. I own one and I absolutely love her to death, she is my emotional support animal and the best dog I have ever owned. I plan to buy another dog in the near future when I move and I am hoping to rescue a Doberman, which would have to be my second favorite breed of dog.
12-06-2015, 11:21 PM,
Elfprincess Offline

Threads: 1
(12-03-2015, 06:38 PM)lexinonomous Wrote: It really was a dream come true when we got our very own Fang, though we ended up naming him Caden. I wanted to name him Fang more than anything. They hit the nail on the head when it came to the Mastiff's personality. They really are the biggest babies, ever.

Pugs remind me of mini versions of huge dogs. I love their little squish faces. I'd love to have a small dog in the future. Smile
Are the other members of your family not such big fans of Harry Potter, or found the Fang name too cliche?
Yes, I find pug faces completely adorable! My father thinks that they're ugly as hell, though. LOL. He doesn't understand why I see them as beautiful and cute! He's more into elegant middle size dogs, like terriers (not Yorkshire, obviously Big Grin).
He doesn't like dogs that look silly, because he thinks that human have hurt them and that no dog should look like pugs do.
12-07-2015, 04:42 AM,
legeipslt Offline

Threads: 1
(05-07-2015, 01:59 AM)kfander Wrote: I will probably not be getting a dog, but if I were to get a dog, I'd like to have a Schipperke. Although they are a small breed, they have a wild look about them that I find attractive.

[Image: schipperke.jpg]

Schipperkes are great little dogs and have a long life-span of 15 years. They aren't the most popular breed, so they haven't been over-bred like some other breeds.

One of my neighbors has a Schipperke and my Chihuahua's go nuts barking at it, when she walks by. They're small in stature, but big on personality. Generally, they have a good temperament.

The name Schipperke comes from the Flemish word for 'littleskipper' or 'little captain of the boat'. They were originally bred in Belgium and used for eliminating rats and mice on boats and barges, and also guarded empty boats. They also provided companionship.

Shop owners had the dogs around to guard their stores. For some strange reason, they were popular with shoemakers!
01-03-2016, 02:16 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-03-2016, 02:18 PM by kfander.)
kfander Offline

Threads: 5
Thank you. That's some interesting information. Not only do I like the appearance of the Schipperke breed but when I was employed by a pet food company, I came across several of them and yes, they did have a good temperament, and are even prettier in person.

But alas, I doubt that I will ever have one. I love my cats and they have had no experience with dogs, so it wouldn't be fair to them to impose a dog on them at this point.

I have never had a dog as an adult, although we had dogs when I was a kid and I surely liked them well enough. While I can't think of a breed I'd like as much as Schipperke, there are several spaniels that are attractive, as well.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-05-2016, 01:18 AM,
Happyflowerlady Offline

Threads: 104
I have a longtime friend out in Idaho that has Schipperkes, and she just loves her little dogs ! I think they are pretty; but they have too much of that "wild look" for me. Wolves and coyotes are predators, and I have lost several beloved pets to those; so I no longer want any kind of a creature who looks like a wolf relative, even though I am sure that the dogs do not have that wildness left in their behavior .
Another friend used to have huskies, and she used them for sled dogs in the winter, and when she had those dogs, she could not keep a cat because the Huskies killed any cats that got within catching range of the dogs.
I really like cats, too, and would enjoy having another cat; but my husband hates cats (although he tolerates the dogs) and so having a cat is out of the range of possibilities for me.
The neighbors leave their cats outside, and they come over sometimes; so I put food and milk out for them to eat because they always seem to be hungry.
As long as they do not come inside the house, they are fine, and my husband knows that they need food; so he does not object to my feeding the neighbor cats.
01-05-2016, 10:01 AM,
AuttieSunshine Offline
Registered

Threads: 2
Exclamation  RE: What is your favorite breed of dog?
It's such a hard choice! It'd be easier to just choose the one breed I'm not so crazy about. It's an absolute toss up between a Labrador or a Beagle. My first dog that I was able to permanently own was a black lab, her name was Angel. She was so playful, and of course loyal! I wouldn't mind having another lab. I'm totally crazy about Beagles, I've always wanted one, my love for them was encouraged when I saw the first Shiloh movie. Since then, I was never the same. Haha. Really, I still want one, and I'd either name him/her Shiloh or Snoopy. Blush
Honestly, all dogs are great, and having any breed is a blessing. They teach you more than you're teaching them! (Loyalty.) Heart
02-01-2016, 06:16 AM,
thash1979 Offline

Threads: 0
My favorite breed of dog is a Great Dane. My family owned one of these dogs for almost 7 years. He was a very loyal dog to us. He was a true gentle giant. I never had any problems worrying about how well he would play with my little ones. He always obeyed our commands and never left our yard. Living on a farm, we had numerous other animals, and he was always like the mother hen to them. He was often caught sleeping with our indoor cat like he was its mother. Probably the best dog we have ever owned.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Post photos and videos of your dog(s) here! Thor 56 26,858 03-03-2024, 08:26 PM
Last Post: candyvect
  Grooming your dog, do you do it yourself or not ? Happyflowerlady 4 3,169 01-20-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: Annetti
  Dog breed choice? we love the coonhound and saluki CacciatJocund 4 2,697 05-31-2022, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Busbyx
  Where does your dog sleep? cecejailer 10 4,145 06-22-2021, 05:33 AM
Last Post: Thor
  Dog Festival Corzhens 6 3,322 11-03-2020, 12:34 AM
Last Post: DeirdreThomson7gF
  Best Chew Proof Dog Bed? afsanaurmi 2 2,188 09-21-2020, 10:20 PM
Last Post: NicholasWatson
  Would you risk your life for your dog? remnant 7 4,489 09-21-2020, 10:15 PM
Last Post: NicholasWatson
  Soft diet for a sick dog Corzhens 4 2,741 09-16-2020, 05:15 PM
Last Post: HarryDavidson701L3
  Sending the dog back? remnant 4 4,332 09-11-2020, 11:22 PM
Last Post: FaithMillsM2V
  Tell me about your favorite dog, past or present bw 12 6,124 09-11-2020, 11:17 PM
Last Post: FaithMillsM2V
  Guard dog Corzhens 7 5,582 01-13-2019, 10:12 PM
Last Post: pooch495
  My dog does not go out of the stall today walkmansky 1 1,805 06-26-2018, 05:47 AM
Last Post: Thor
  How long before seperate puppy from mother dog Ram 7 7,456 04-14-2018, 06:29 PM
Last Post: mayabili
  How I teach my dog patience joshposh 2 2,902 08-02-2016, 03:37 AM
Last Post: Happyflowerlady
  What liquids do you give to your dog your dog? remnant 1 2,495 07-27-2016, 05:40 AM
Last Post: Happyflowerlady