LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What did/will you do with your dog today?
12-12-2012, 08:02 PM,
dhrynio Offline

Threads: 5
What did/will you do with your dog today?
Today Zoe and I went for a long walk, she loves the snow. When we came back she spent some time outside trying to get that pesky red squirrel, that thing makes her insane! She spends hours sitting under the walnut tree that he loves to hang out in.

Later we went out and I gave her a good brushing. The never ending fur balls in my house make me insane. I am trying to brush her every day to avoid having to vacuum every day.

Later I think we will go for another walk after the kids get home from school.

So how did or will you and your canine spend the day?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-13-2012, 01:00 AM,
Molly Offline

Threads: 4
RE: What did/will you do with your dog today?
My dogs are short-haired so don't really have to spend time brushing them. I will later take them for a nice walk. Gets me out of the house, as well as the dogs.

I am playing ball with Mikey as I try to type. He is constantly interrupting me as he will always return the ball to me, no matter how far I throw it. Mind you, I can't throw it very far in the house. Type quickly, take the ball out of his mouth, throw the ball, wipe my hands, quickly type... Glad my dog is entertained and he is happy.
12-13-2012, 11:13 AM,
JaimieSkye Offline

Threads: 10
Molly, you don't have to brush your short hair dog? I don't brush mine every day, but for sure once a week or he sheds way too much.

My crazy border collie has been completely obnoxious because I haven't walked with him for a few days. The wind chills were around 10 and I get wimpy about going out walking in that weather. I'm a crossing guard and stand outside for 2 hours a day. In the winter, that's about all the cold I can take. It was a fairly decent day. It warmed up to about 38 degrees and the sun came out. The snow and ice had melted off the sidewalks so I decided we would go for a walk today. We took about a 45 minute walk.

When we got home I gave him his after walking treat...3 ice cubes. He loves ice cubes. He laid next to me on the couch and warmed me up while I watched a bit of TV before going off to my afternoon crossing guard shift. When I got home, I took him outside to play fetch with his giant cookie toy that we got at Petco awhile back.

He finally got enough exercise today that he's not being obnoxious anymore. He's been laying in the recliner with my 19 year old daughter. I think he knows she isn't feeling well so he's comforting her. I should take a picture. They look so sweet all cuddled up in blankets together.
12-13-2012, 09:34 PM,
dhrynio Offline

Threads: 5
I love cuddling up with doggies! But my husband does not want dogs on the beds or furniture so we cuddle on the floor.

I brushed Zoe last night and you would not believe the amount of hair I had pulled on the ground. How does she lose so much?

Today we went for another long walk. It was a really lovely day, not sunny but not windy and bitter cold. The snow was fluttering around a bit and the snow on the ground is still of the consistency that we can make snowballs. So she got to chase snowballs as we walked. I hope that we can get back out again today and go for a walk with her and the kids!
12-22-2012, 08:23 AM,
SweetBeast Offline

Threads: 4
I like cuddling with Bobbi too & she may enjoy it more than I! It's a mild First Day Of Winter here in southern California, about 61F/15C, a few clouds & a light breeze. Bobs & I just finished a round of tug & war, & chase & return for about 20 minutes, next, we are about to head out for our 2nd of 3 scheduled walks - we may slip another one in ! We are expecting 3 light storms in the next week & thankfully Christmas day is supposed to be rain free, which is wonderful for all the children & their toys !

Usually, most domesticated animals will shed their undercoat per the season & weather. Bobbi is a short haired dog & she shed a lot in the Spring & Summer, but in the past few weeks of a cooler Autumn, her shedding has ceased. Maybe those days when Zoe shed, better weather was headed your way?

Molly, it's all about timing, right? And you seem to have it all figured out - knit 1, pearl 2 ! And yes, the walks benefit us both; great point!

Jaimie, I love chewing ice, but after 3 root canals/ crowns, the dentist read me the riot act, so I take no chances with Bobbi's teeth. I can barely afford my dental care!
01-08-2013, 06:01 PM,
mz_angie1987 Offline

Threads: 0
Today, my dog and I went for a walk this morning and again in the afternoon. We played inside throughout the day--she is so full of energy. No matter what time of day it is she always seem to want to play. I fed her and that's the typical day for my little dog. Sometimes I will take her to the dog park or take her somewhere I know she would enjoy.
01-09-2013, 01:23 PM,
haopee Offline

Threads: 91
Yesterday, Chooey and I had a date with the scissors. She hates the clippers but will stay still with the scissors as long as there are treats involved.

I cleaned the fur on her nuzzle where thhe gunk accumulates by cutting it. I hope that someday, I'll have a dog that stays still like the ones you see on Youtube videos that stay still while being groomed.
01-13-2013, 01:27 AM,
jenzshoppin Offline

Threads: 2
Today is bath day for my two doggies. I really should clip their nails. It's that my Chihuahua wants to bite whenever he is forced to do something that's not his idea. He will have to have the Elizabethian collar on and be on a leash for clipping. I have one of those nail grinders too. I only use that after clipping because the dogs don't like the noise.

It's funny how the dogs act like they hate the bath, then afterwards they are happy and roll all over the carpet!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Post photos and videos of your dog(s) here! Thor 56 26,843 03-03-2024, 08:26 PM
Last Post: candyvect
  Grooming your dog, do you do it yourself or not ? Happyflowerlady 4 3,168 01-20-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: Annetti
  Dog breed choice? we love the coonhound and saluki CacciatJocund 4 2,696 05-31-2022, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Busbyx
  Where does your dog sleep? cecejailer 10 4,145 06-22-2021, 05:33 AM
Last Post: Thor
  Dog Festival Corzhens 6 3,319 11-03-2020, 12:34 AM
Last Post: DeirdreThomson7gF
  Best Chew Proof Dog Bed? afsanaurmi 2 2,187 09-21-2020, 10:20 PM
Last Post: NicholasWatson
  Would you risk your life for your dog? remnant 7 4,486 09-21-2020, 10:15 PM
Last Post: NicholasWatson
  Soft diet for a sick dog Corzhens 4 2,740 09-16-2020, 05:15 PM
Last Post: HarryDavidson701L3
  Sending the dog back? remnant 4 4,331 09-11-2020, 11:22 PM
Last Post: FaithMillsM2V
  Tell me about your favorite dog, past or present bw 12 6,123 09-11-2020, 11:17 PM
Last Post: FaithMillsM2V
  Guard dog Corzhens 7 5,580 01-13-2019, 10:12 PM
Last Post: pooch495
  My dog does not go out of the stall today walkmansky 1 1,805 06-26-2018, 05:47 AM
Last Post: Thor
  How long before seperate puppy from mother dog Ram 7 7,456 04-14-2018, 06:29 PM
Last Post: mayabili
  How I teach my dog patience joshposh 2 2,902 08-02-2016, 03:37 AM
Last Post: Happyflowerlady
  What liquids do you give to your dog your dog? remnant 1 2,495 07-27-2016, 05:40 AM
Last Post: Happyflowerlady