LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Is Your Dog's Favorite Toy?
08-24-2013, 03:57 AM,
shopgirl Offline

Threads: 11
What Is Your Dog's Favorite Toy?
My Yorkie, Prissy's FAVORITE toy is her bone! I started out with buying the white rawhide bones, but she would chew on it SO much that she not only went through them very quickly, but she started throwing up white foam. YUCK. She would also chew it so much that it would cause her mouth to bleed! I never left her alone with one of the rawhide bones, I would only give them to her while we were watching TV, etc.

I felt so bad about having to take her bone away because she loved them so much. I was very happy when I found an alternative to the rawhide bones! It is a bone that is made out of very hard plastic so there is no way that she can bite any pieces off. She has had it forever and it is still intact but has a lot of teeth marks on each end where she likes to chew. Check out the link below to see a picture of Prissy's bone.

[Image: plastic_dog_bone_4112_2.JPG]

Peanut is not big on toys. He will play with one of the toys at the link below every now and then. I like these because there is no stuffing in them. However, I have to keep an eye on Peanut because he likes to sit there and "pick at the fur/pull pieces of the fur" off of the toy. He also managed to chew a hole in one of these and I looked just in time and he was sitting there chewing on the small squeaky ball that is inside of these. It scared me so bad because he could have easily swallowed it! Just be careful and never leave a dog alone with one of these!!

[Image: !CBbHJKQ!2k~$%28KGrHqYOKpME0UnDvv+%29BNHlm5Dgiw~~_3.JPG]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-25-2013, 06:46 AM,
pheenix Offline

Threads: 1
RE: What Is Your Dog's Favorite Toy?
My dogs like lots of things, I think variety and novelty is the key. They get sick of a toy within a couple days and need something new. They LOVE tearing apart stuffed animals and pulling the stuffing out. A giant braided rope is a classic favorite for my 3-yr old American Bulldog. But their favorite toy (which is also a treat) is a nice fresh marrow bone from the market! I like the bones that are cut up into small pieces so they can get all the marrow in the middle, which is super healthy for their bodies and teeth. They will lick and chew these for hours Smile
08-25-2013, 07:56 AM,
mommy42 Offline

Threads: 2
When my dog was younger he loved a toy in the shape of a frisbee. It was made out of really strong material, not plastic, more like some kind of cotton-type, but a lot stronger. There wasn't a squeaker either (I don't like them!) so it wasn't annoying when he would chew it. It was one of the only toys he couldn't chew through and destroy. And they were washable!! So they lasted for years! He also liked to play tug with it and it held up amazingly!

Now that he is older he doesn't play as much. He mostly sleeps! Smile
09-02-2013, 07:11 AM,
ohiotom76 Offline

Threads: 5
My dogs were all obsessed with this stuffed porcupine toy that would make fart noises when you squeezed it. We must have gone through 15-20 of those things when we had our dogs. They wouldn't play with anything else but those. It was like some challenge to get the sound device out of them or something.

The only other thing they loved were those compressed dark green dog "bones". We had to stop getting those for them though because they were making their gums bleed.
09-04-2013, 01:53 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-04-2013, 01:54 PM by A0130.)
A0130 Offline

Threads: 10
My dog's favorite toy is his loofah dog. He has about 7 different ones in 7 different colors. We originally called the first one "Larry", but as we got more and more we had to start naming them after their colors. "Garry" for green "Barry" for blue, and so on. He tugs and tugs on those for hours! When you let go of the toy, he'll sit there with the very defeated look on his face until you offer to play some more.

He also very much enjoys rawhides, bones and things he can chew. He also likes those crinkly toys with things like newspaper and plastic bottles inside them. He doesn't much like balls or things he chases. He doesn't quite understand the concept of fetch. We've been trying to teach him since he was a puppy. Alas, he prefers to chew and to play tug of war.
09-05-2013, 05:21 AM,
intothebleach Offline

Threads: 5
I have yet to find a toy that Carling doesn’t destroy within 60 seconds. Guinness had a little baby dog that was black and white like her and she would guard it all the time. She loved it to bits so but Carling kept trying to pinch it. So I bought him one and within seconds he had ripped the squeak out and torn the rest to shreds. I also bought a ‘Ruff n Tuff’ toy for him and he ripped that too buts as well. Guinness toy lasted a good while until Carling eventually got hold of it and that was that. I think that’s why she keeps running off with my partners shoe, sock and flip (out of the flip flops)
10-24-2013, 06:51 AM,
Ricardo187 Offline

Threads: 4
My dog is weird about this matter. We bought him lots of stuff like bones, toys, rubber ducks, but the only thing that he likes is some kind of cluth tied in the form of a bone. He loves it, he just does. If you take it away from him, he'll be jumping around you, trying to reach it and when you throw it away, he goes after it, picks it and hides under the beds, tables, every holes he finds in the house so you don't take it anymore. It's really funny to watch how he runs away from you with the cluth in his mouth so you couldn't take it away from him.
12-08-2013, 03:41 PM,
tierapatt50 Offline

Threads: 3
My puppy Coco has a favorite toy and the problem is that it is not even a toy for dogs, it is my flip flop. Lucky for her I only wear these flip flops in the house but still they have so many holes and chunks of pieces missing from them that it is ridiculous. But when she is not tearing my flip flop a new one then she playing with a stuffed dog that my boyfriend got her as gift.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Post photos and videos of your dog(s) here! Thor 56 26,839 03-03-2024, 08:26 PM
Last Post: candyvect
  Grooming your dog, do you do it yourself or not ? Happyflowerlady 4 3,168 01-20-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: Annetti
  Dog breed choice? we love the coonhound and saluki CacciatJocund 4 2,695 05-31-2022, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Busbyx
  Where does your dog sleep? cecejailer 10 4,144 06-22-2021, 05:33 AM
Last Post: Thor
  Dog Festival Corzhens 6 3,318 11-03-2020, 12:34 AM
Last Post: DeirdreThomson7gF
  Best Chew Proof Dog Bed? afsanaurmi 2 2,187 09-21-2020, 10:20 PM
Last Post: NicholasWatson
  Would you risk your life for your dog? remnant 7 4,485 09-21-2020, 10:15 PM
Last Post: NicholasWatson
  Soft diet for a sick dog Corzhens 4 2,739 09-16-2020, 05:15 PM
Last Post: HarryDavidson701L3
  Sending the dog back? remnant 4 4,330 09-11-2020, 11:22 PM
Last Post: FaithMillsM2V
  Tell me about your favorite dog, past or present bw 12 6,122 09-11-2020, 11:17 PM
Last Post: FaithMillsM2V
  Guard dog Corzhens 7 5,580 01-13-2019, 10:12 PM
Last Post: pooch495
  My dog does not go out of the stall today walkmansky 1 1,804 06-26-2018, 05:47 AM
Last Post: Thor
  How long before seperate puppy from mother dog Ram 7 7,455 04-14-2018, 06:29 PM
Last Post: mayabili
  How I teach my dog patience joshposh 2 2,902 08-02-2016, 03:37 AM
Last Post: Happyflowerlady
  What liquids do you give to your dog your dog? remnant 1 2,495 07-27-2016, 05:40 AM
Last Post: Happyflowerlady